PDA

View Full Version : wanted: someone to finish the slabbie

DiscoDan
19-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I think the time has come to call for reinforcements on the Slabbie project as I just don't have the time and facilities to finish the project within the next decade.

I'm looking for expressions of interest if someone wants to get paid to take over from here. A huge cop-out I know but I just want to get the thing finished so I can ride it.

The 30 second overview is taking a Slabbie 1100 and making it stop and turn by adding period looking running gear. It's not a show bike at all, just an honest old-girl that will surprise a few new bike riders

Status is:
- Engine - have fitted donor Bandit engine but not torqued up (one of the engine spacers is playing silly buggers)
- Electrics - the GSXR and Bandit motors have quite different wiring so haven't decided whether to use the new or old wiring loom. I have the full Bandit donor bike so either is possible. Will be a dicky job I'm sure
- Rear end - Have the Sligshot wheel fitted, just needs a tyre when the time comes
- Front End - Have Bandit forks and clamps, TL calipers, braided lines, clipons, Slingy wheel. Stem is fitted, just need to clean up the clamps and work out the speedo drive. Will leave the forks standard to start and add cartridges later
- Bodywork - the goal is to have a replica 1985 slabbie 750 paint job but for day one I just want the thing registered. It will need a couple of replacement panels and/or some plastic welding
- The rest - there's all sorts of other bits to be done like getting the lost keys recut, working out the location of the ingition barrel, stripping and repainting fairing brackets etc etc

Anyway, if some-one in Sydney has the skills, shed and time for this I'd love to hear from you. Drop me a message and we'll talk details and how we can make it happen.

RevHead
19-07-2010, 10:04 PM
hhhmmmmm

nick76
19-07-2010, 11:48 PM
C'mon Pete,have a go!

Petrol Spice
19-07-2010, 11:56 PM
PM sent

scotty
20-07-2010, 07:15 AM
my advise is to call ben or brad.

(ben is from extream creations)
(brad is from bikecraft)

RevHead
20-07-2010, 08:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

(brad is from bikecraft)
yes an you,ll need heaps of cash for them guys,

scotty
20-07-2010, 08:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

(brad is from bikecraft)

depends on what u want done pete.....
I'd rather pay good money on someone to get it right 1st time, you can pay some one fuck all an it still may cost u if there fuckin round for weeks, pay some one that knows and it's done right and fast.

BTW.. I work at BC

80s freak
20-07-2010, 11:00 AM
True words there scotty.

oldskool
20-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Ill finish it for ya if your interested.

RevHead
21-07-2010, 05:07 PM

quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

(brad is from bikecraft)

depends on what u want done pete.....
I'd rather pay good money on someone to get it right 1st time, you can pay some one fuck all an it still may cost u if there fuckin round for weeks, pay some one that knows and it's done right and fast.

BTW.. I work at BC

good for you ,,hey my moto do it once do it right and wait for the customer to return with there next project.plus being a mechanic,i do it right not fucked up and fast,cheers

I work for myself,

livewire
22-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Stop being such a girl and get out into the shed, ffs. : )
Only thing there that might fuck you up is wiring, and I'd suggest put as much Bandit loom/switches etc on as possible.
Best part about streetfightin is doin shit yaself.
Good luck

livewire
22-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Another hint. Don't register it till ya got it finshed.
If you're like me, and I suspect most others, is hard to take them off the road to
finish it/do all those 'little' things.
PS. Dunno if I'm cut out to be a 'motivational speaker'. Hope so.

fimpBIKES
22-07-2010, 12:14 PM
agreed about the rego, im probably the worst person in the world for that....

nick76
22-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Isn't getting them re-rego'd a cunt if they are alittle off standard??
Is it better to get them close to stock,get the rego,then go to town on it???

DiscoDan
22-07-2010, 02:13 PM
quote:my advise is to call ben or brad.

(brad is from bikecraft)
As the other guys said, it's a budget thing there. Also it almost seems a waste to have craftsmen like that on an assembly job. No custom machining or fancy parts required on this build as I want it to be a sleeper.

quote:Originally posted by livewire

Stop being such a girl and get out into the shed, ffs. : )
Only thing there that might fuck you up is wiring, and I'd suggest put as much Bandit loom/switches etc on as possible.
Best part about streetfightin is doin shit yaself.

I know I'm being a girl, I just don't have the time and I don't even have a shed. I love shedonism more than anything but I've got to be realistic on this one. I can do it but it will take me years at this rate. At the same time I've got a fair bit to do on the race bike which can't be deferred unless I really want to hurt myself or DNF.

quote:Another hint. Don't register it till ya got it finshed.
If you're like me, and I suspect most others, is hard to take them off the road to
finish it/do all those 'little' things.

you're right there but I don't know if I've got the patience or self control. It's the same as my house, I've still got a few of those corners that need painting after 8 years.

quote:Isn't getting them re-rego'd a cunt if they are alittle off standard??
Is it better to get them close to stock,get the rego,then go to town on it???
That would be ideal but it's been out of rego for a few years after a big crash that destroyed the engined cases and front end. I don't think I'll have too much of an issue because it will still look quite close to original, just need to talk around the extra 100cc it's picked up (even though it's reduced in power on paper at least)

RevHead
22-07-2010, 07:23 PM
giz us a call i,ll fit her up for ya if your keen ,we can get jim to bring her up ,0401204829

livewire
22-07-2010, 08:02 PM
No shed![:0]
Thats a bad place to be.
Nicks got a point, how anal are they with engine transplants?
Might pay to get numbers changed first. Pity to do it and get knocked back, especially after doin heaps of work.