PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay here we come (maybe)

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Hyosung
17-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Anyone keen for a ride? 21st and 22nd of August, from Everywhere to Hervey Bay. Drink, spew, sleep, then ride home the next day. That's the plan. Supercharger and I are booked into the Beach House Hotel, Scarness. I'm sure there is plenty of other accommodation in the area if that doesn't suit you. Staying in 4 star and above accomodation will be frowned upon unless you invite us all around to your place for drinks by the pool.

Bob
19-07-2010, 11:46 AM
How much is the backpackrs? Mite be able to talk the wife into going.

Mr Hyosung
19-07-2010, 03:21 PM
$60 for a double room

Gix11
19-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Yep, looks like I'm in mate. I'll tee up the boys this weekend.

Where's Rexie, he's after a ride.

MONO
20-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Wow it's off the ground mmmm should be good for this one .....well should be:D

MONO
20-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Terry found a Pub in H/B facing the water with cheap rooms and a beer garden set aside for functions/clubs .
Have already talked to them on a recon run earlier this year and they will also let us lock our bikes in the drive-thru for the night

Then there's a top brekky spot across the road on the beach ,good spot for a group pic

MONO
20-07-2010, 04:35 PM
OK I've found my info...

It is The Beach House Hotel at Scarness, Harvey Bay

Here's a pic of the Pub. After driving down the whole esplanade, it looks to be the biggest night spot around IMO.

Rooms are on the right upstairs. The front room has a big verandah and sleeps a fair few people which is normally used for large groups to gather after the pub shuts. The beer garden is downstairs on the right and can be made private if wanted. The often cater for groups and are biker friendly. Have talked to the manager. Prices were cheap and once again can lock the bikes up out of site in the drive-thru after it shuts.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1279678238.jpg

Here's a pic of the brekky spot which is right across the road from the hotel. Good food , have eaten there.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1279661953.jpg

I will make some calls if anyone is interested and we will get a group booking / price together.

There is also several other options of accommodation with 100 metres of this hotel ranging from fair to optulant.

20-07-2010, 05:45 PM
does "optulant" mean free hookers...?

Mr Hyosung
20-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Davo have you got that hairdryer going yet?

Mr Hyosung
20-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Well done Mono.Just rang the Beach House Hotel at Scarness. Cost is $30 to $40 per person. They have around nine rooms. I have changed my booking from the Backpackers to the Beach House Hotel, Scarness. I've booked a room . At the moment they have no other bookings so if we want to book the pub out now is the time to do it. PH 0741281233, 344 The Esplanade, Hervey Bay.

boris
20-07-2010, 10:20 PM
come down to coffs you bastards I'll put u up 4 the night or whatever and put a BBQ/campoven on . keep us in mind after meeting u all I have no qualms puting u all up 4 a night and we have the nymboida loop dorrigo oxley to keep us entertained.

Zed14
22-07-2010, 03:09 PM
i will be there. i will book a room too.

Supercharger_Mark
22-07-2010, 11:01 PM
boris. I'll be up for that, but, a couple of passes from the misses is hard to get in a short period of time without mental pain inflected.

Mr Hyosung
24-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Gee Boris, after such a beautifully worded invite how can we refuse. I'm thinking Oct/Nov so we can ride the hills without 5 layers of clothes on. Mark should be able to get another weekend pass by then. Are you coming to Hervey Bay?

drewboy
25-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey lads glad to hear you are coming to the bay, only problem is i'll have to ride south to gympie or ettamogah pub so i can get a chance to have a ride with you guys cos i live here! not a drama though, cos we normally do a sunnycoast run for a day ride anyhow.

Being a local i know that the Beach House has cheap accommodation, but as far as pubs go, it's not bad, but a little on the feral end of the scale. But there's an irish bar and another pub within walking distance of there anyhow.

Which way are you guys planning to come up? straight up the highway? or looking for some backroads?

Mr Hyosung
25-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi Drew,it definitly WON'T be the highway that's for sure. If you would like to meet us at Ettamogah that would be great. Give us a time and we'll see you there. As for the pub being a bit feral, sounds like fun.

drewboy
25-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah Terry, i've got a couple of local guys that will be keen as to meet at ettamogah and ride back with you guys. We can be down there pretty early if we have to, we can work in with whatever itinerary you guys come up with for when you're going to leave. to make it easy it'll be around 2.5 hours of riding plus stops if there's going to be any, to get to Hervey Bay from Ettamogah, no matter which way you go.

A good road we normally take from there to home would be- Landsborough-Maleny-Kenilworth-Gympie, then cross the highway at Gympie and onto Tin Can Bay road and head the coast road through the forestry to Maryborough then onto Hervey Bay. There's an awesome biker's cafe at kenilworth for a coffee stop (they're a bit slow on the food), and fuel stop at Gympie for the really thirsty bikes.

i did a map on Google, but can't post it, i can take a screen shot and try that.

drewboy
25-07-2010, 10:18 PM
This is the best i can do, hope there's enough detail, i left north of Maryborough off, cos there's not much between there and Hervey Bay. The A1 is the highway.
---http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1280061066.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1280061610.jpg

The crow
26-07-2010, 09:02 PM
This all seems great to me if im off and the bike gets back in time im there, the old girl needs the cobwebs blown out anyway give my brother and i a boys night out

MONO
27-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey Terry,

Nigel & myself will be coming along. I have just booked a room at the hotel for us.

Amber (they lady you spoke with when you booked) mentioned that if we speak with Tim, the hotel manager, and if we have enough numbers for the night, we can book the beer garden as a function room if we want.

I told her that there should be other ASF members ringing to make bookings so guys mention ASF when you book and Amber will look after you.

There are three different room configurations

Double Bed only - $70.00
Double Bed + Single Bed - $80.00
Apartment - 2 Double Beds + 2 Single Beds - $120.00
Phone 07 4128 1233

Cheers
Caryn
Mrs Mono

drewboy
27-07-2010, 03:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by MONO

Amber mentioned that if we speak with Tim, the hotel manager, and if we have enough numbers for the night, we can book the beer garden as a function room if we want. Yeah that would be an awesome idea it's out the back and private from other patrons!

suacycle
29-07-2010, 09:27 AM
This sounds awesome,im in toowoomba and im definetly going to try to be there.

RookieBandit
30-07-2010, 01:54 PM
fuck that would be right, i move away from 'the bay' and you organise a fighter ride in the sunnycoast hinterland DREW!! i miss riding the SE Qld corner with the lads, NQ just doesn't cut it.

All good i'm sure we can arrange something like this again around the xmas break when i can get back i'm sure, will defo have to make it a regular event!!

Mr Hyosung
30-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Righto Boys and Girls, here's the drum. I've checked Google Maps and it tells me that from the Gold Coast to Hervey Bay is 400k's and 6 hours at softcock speed. If it suits the boys from Hervey Bay we will meet at Landsborough P.O. at about 10.30 for the ride north. I personally will be travelling at the above mentioned speed as I am not rich enough to be paying any fines, so if anyone is worried about being left behind , don't be. The boys who ride with me regularly know that I am a very sedate rider and never speed. If anyone wants to travel at 200k's an hour the whole way, you go right ahead. I am definitly NOT the ride leader, just the ride organiser. All going well we should be in HB mid arvo where we can tell each other over a few beers how many corners we scraped the heronobs on. I would rather not have the beer garden to ourselves. I like being in the main area of the pub where we can mingle with the locals, play a bit of pool, and maybe pull a stray root. So for all the southeners, Landborough P.O. at 10.30

Supercharger_Mark
30-07-2010, 10:16 PM
{{{{The boys who ride with me regularly know that I am a very sedate rider and never speed!!! }}}}
you fucken lier.

Zed14
31-07-2010, 05:52 AM
SPEED IS FOR LOSERS.

drewboy
31-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm happy to lead, if noone else wants to, or doesn't know where we are going. I'm happy with the meeting spot in Landsborough, what are peoples thoughts on the route i posted on the map above?? We can just as easy go up the highway if that is prefered.

I don't ride at warp speed, but call me a loser- when the road gets a bit twisty i tend to creep up to around 130 in places, but when we normally ride in a group we tend to ride majority of the time around 100-110, stopping at intersections so noone is left behind. This way everyone can ride at their desired pace and doesn't miss a turn or exit.

Mr Hyosung
31-07-2010, 06:20 PM
All that sounds just dandy drewboy, including the speeds you mentioned. The route you posted is just fine. It's the same way we went to 1770 last year. We only travel highways when we really, really have to. The only reason I mentioned the ride leaders' spot is that I lead for 90% of the way last year, but this year everyone should have all there points back so I plan on being down the pack a bit.

drewboy
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
That's good you went that way last time, it should be fairly familiar to everyone. The best thing about that run(sunny coast to the bay) when you stay off the highway, you almost never see the boys on blue. All the times we've done that run we've never seen any, apart from around Gympie, but we never speed there.

Not sure yet how many bikes i'll have coming down for the ride back to the Bay, so far they'll definately be at least 2 bikes, but there'll be a few guys coming to the pub when we get back here. should be awesome.

Bob
06-08-2010, 02:15 PM
cant make this one, have to save the pennys for philip island. will be there for 1770. have fun

The crow
07-08-2010, 06:20 AM
will be comeing along on this little exersion sounds like a hoot. If anyone is rideing up to the meet point from round ipswich way or want to gather somewhere along the waymhappy to meet up plus noy 100 per cent on the meet point its been alot of yrs since ive been up there. Get the bike back this week so have to scrub in the new tyres before run the old girl will be singing along nicely and i look forward to meeting some of you guys as well

07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Rather than going from Landsborough to Maleney,i suggest going from Landsborough to Beerwah/Peachester then up Stanley River Road to Maleney.Probly the best part of the ride,other than Kenilworth twisties.Still waiting on my leave pass...looks like i'll be on a Ducati Supersport 900...how depressing.Havnt riden roadies for 3 years,so lookin forward to this 1.

MONO
08-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Sounds good Davo ,this time when you turn up at the ride starting point you'll be going with us .

drewboy
08-08-2010, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Rather than going from Landsborough to Maleney,i suggest going from Landsborough to Beerwah/Peachester then up Stanley River Road to Maleney.
Sound good to me also, it's just down the road from Landsborough, and it is an awesome piece of road.

puppet
08-08-2010, 09:06 PM
So what time Landsborough/Beerwah leaving, how many are going, and am I allowed to go on a KTM?

drewboy
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Specific times are yet to be decided but i'm hoping around 9am-10am, cos us Hervey bay guys need to ride down early. It depends on what time the brissy/goldcoast guys want to leave.

Puppet, of course you can come on a KTM! all bikes welcome, you can ride a honda postie if you want, might have trouble keeping up though! see you there.

Mr Hyosung
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Davo on a Deadcat, Puppet on a KTM, what is the world coming to. I assume, Puppet, that there are no fairings on this KTM. As long as it does stoppies and monos as good as the Zook who cares what you ride. In a previous posting I mentioned meeting at Landsborough at 10.30. Drewboy, would you be able to call past there at this time to see if anyone is there before coming down to Beerwah to meet the rest. Me and a couple of the boys will be at Beerwah as it's a waste of time going to Landsborough then back down to Beerwah.. We will be there at 10.30. That should give the Gold Coast/Toowoomba/Ipswich boys plenty of time to get there.

Gix11
10-08-2010, 06:01 PM
OK, me and Huddo are booked as well.

drewboy
10-08-2010, 06:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr Hyosung

In a previous posting I mentioned meeting at Landsborough at 10.30. Drewboy, would you be able to call past there at this time to see if anyone is there before coming down to Beerwah to meet the rest. Me and a couple of the boys will be at Beerwah as it's a waste of time going to Landsborough then back down to Beerwah.. We will be there at 10.30. That should give the Gold Coast/Toowoomba/Ipswich boys plenty of time to get there.

Yeah mate that's not a problem, we'll run through Landsborough at 10.30 incase anywone is there, then we'll meet at Beerwah. Anywhere particular in Beerwah we meeting?? cheers.

Mr Hyosung
10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
At a cafe or servo somewhere in the main street. I'm sure we won't miss each other.

10-08-2010, 08:34 PM
The old road over the railway at Beerwah has been closed.Turn West at the set of lights on Steve Erwin Way and follow the signs into town.Theres a Servo at the only traffic lights in town/bakery over the road [just look for a Faggot/pedaphile lookin dude with a KTM].If you get lost,...well.. you really shouldn't be riding a motorcycle.See you there Fuckers.And dont forget to vote...is there a polling booth near the pub Drew? Coz Huddo loves the pole. And where can i get a good chicken and prawn kebab in town? Have you organised the fishing charter boat yet?

MONO
11-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Insert map here please-------->

Vote 1 Huddo Loves The Pole

Gix11
11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Trying to do a pre-vote during the week, but if you reckon we can do it up there then I might just wait. Then we can all vote 1: Huddo loves the pole.

Mr Hyosung
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey Mono there is a fair chance we'll be riding through Dayboro on the 20th as a few of us are staying at Bribie Island that night. Are you close to town?, if so we might call in and say g'day.

Mr Hyosung
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Do a pre-vote before you go if you can, it will save a lot of hassle when you get there. Pre-pole voting is open from the 14th.

drewboy
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Been a while since i've been through Beerwah, but i'm sure this is the servo Davo is talking about. Should be easy to find, it's right in the middle and Beerwah is not too big. I'm sure we'll all recognise each other!
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1281567956.jpg

should be in the green circle.
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1281554066.jpg

I'm going to pre-vote aswell, but if there's anyone who hasn't voted before they get up here, i can take you to a voting booth. Davo i know of a couple of kebab joints around town, but not sure about chicken and prawn, but it sounds damn tasty!! And sorry no news on the fishing charter;)

The crow
11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
so is there still a meet point at landsborough or is it beerwah now ??? just want to know so go to the right spot can easy make it up there 930 1000 but will go earlier if needed and comeing from ipswich,

Mr Hyosung
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
10.30 Beerwah

12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
thats the place Drew,...cant miss it. I'll do a sweep past Lanzbra Post at 10.30 on me way to Beerwah.
Any members coming down from North of Harvey Bay {gladstone etc}???.

and ,No Rexie...we are not stoping at Tin Can Bay so you and puppet can hand feed the dolphins.

MONO
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Hey Mono there is a fair chance we'll be riding through Dayboro on the 20th as a few of us are staying at Bribie Island that night. Are you close to town?, if so we might call in and say g'day.

That's all good Terry However I'll be more than likely be at work at Brendale ,which you are totally welcome to call in for coffee 'n' cake.
Then head out Winn rd to Mt Mee or hit the h/way

Mr Hyosung
12-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Can't see us getting to Brendale, we're staying clear of the city if we can help it

MONO
13-08-2010, 08:12 PM
For anyone just wanting to save time on voting next Saturday, just print 'n' post

Remember Kids....Voting above the line Saves Time ;)

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1281741827.gif

craig
16-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll come along for the ride but will ride back same day. Hey Si can i join you guys as you go past the Logan Beenleigh area?

MONO
17-08-2010, 12:20 AM
For those guys coming far afield or for someone that just wants to start the day on a full stomach, I am doing a breakfast run, leaving from the northside at Dayboro.

This involves heading up to our meeting point at Beerwah via some good twisties and having breakfast at a top spot with one of Queensland's 10 best views, which overlooks the Glass House Mountains. After breakfast, it is only a short 15 minute stroll to the meeting point.

So for all those interested meet at Dayboro Bakery (Main Street) at 7.30am for 7.45am leave. It is approx. 100kms whether you go straight up the highway or follow me to the meeting point via brekky.

So for all those who want an interesting & fun way to get to the meeting point instead of the old boring highway and for anyone that is coming from the north down to Beerwah and would like to meet up for breakfast, the address is Mary Cainscross Cafe at 41 Mountain View Roadd, Maleny QLD 4552. Planning to be there at approx. 9.00am

Here's the view

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282049881.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282025805.jpg http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282033878.jpg

And the food it tops too ! Click link for menu.

http://www.mary-cairncross.com.au/documents/Mary%20Cairncross%20Cafe%20Menu.pdf

Jinx
17-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi Mono, sounds like a plan. Can't make it to Hervey Bay but its a good chance to meet up.

crazymofo
17-08-2010, 07:02 AM
what day/time you guys leaving the gold coast? cant do the whole sha-bam but, im keen to ride up to beerwah with the coast guys, then just come home (pathetic i know, but... work/family..blah blah)

cheers.joe.

Gix11
17-08-2010, 04:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by craig

I'll come along for the ride but will ride back same day. Hey Si can i join you guys as you go past the Logan Beenleigh area?

Hey Craig, I'm going up to Bribie with Mr.Hyosung and Cupercharger on Friday and meeting at, well, where ever we're meeting on Saturday morning.

Huddo is riding up on Saturday as far as I know and it sounds like Mofo is as well. Maybe tee something up with those guys?

Mr Hyosung
17-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Is that cuppasoupcharger or supercupcharger?

drewboy
17-08-2010, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by MONO

So for all those who want an interesting & fun way to get to the meeting point instead of the old boring highway and for anyone that is coming from the north down to Beerwah and would like to meet up for breakfast, the address is Mary Cainscross Cafe at 41 Mountain View Roadd, Maleny QLD 4552. Planning to be there at approx. 9.00am
I've been there a few years ago MONO, it's a top spot alright! awesome view. Us H'Bay boys will be pushing for time, so we'll meet up with everyone at Beerwah.

craig
17-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey Craig, I'm going up to Bribie with Mr.Hyosung and Cupercharger on Friday and meeting at, well, where ever we're meeting on Saturday morning.

Huddo is riding up on Saturday as far as I know and it sounds like Mofo is as well. Maybe tee something up with those guys?
[/quote] No worries, i'll see what happens. If i don't see anyone on the way then i'll see yuz at beerwah.

Gix11
18-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Spoke to Huddo last night and he's going to try and get on here soon and let you know his plans, but as a pencil plan for you and Joe he suggested the Oxendford BP servo on the highway at 7:30am, he'll be along with any updates soon hopefully.

huddo
18-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Craig do you want to meet at yatala pies at about 730am , so you don't have to back track and do you want to meet us there to Jo or nerang at 7am.

MONO
19-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Message to all...there is also many different accommodation places within 50-100meters of the pub for anyone who didn't get in, or would like something more opulent....

Also remember to VOTE .......you can vote prior to Sat at your local electorate office

craig
19-08-2010, 04:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by huddo

Craig do you want to meet at yatala pies at about 730am , so you don't have to back track and do you want to meet us there to Jo or nerang at 7am.
Yatla Pies 7.30 it is. See you there.

Gix11
19-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Voted today, that's me set. And yes, I did vote Huddo loves Pole.

huddo
19-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know if any one else going from the goldie on saturday besides me and craig?
Good to see i have two votes. Better me than the monkey or the ranga...

20-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Is the pub booked out? and if so anyone got a spare bed? I cant afford to be opulent.

crazymofo
20-08-2010, 06:49 AM
sorry guys, ive just come into work this morning and we have just won a contract for a massive job, so im now working tomorrow and back on 60hr weeks till middle of sept [xx(]

have a good ride guys, remember pics.. or it didnt happen :P

cheers.joe.

MONO
20-08-2010, 12:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Is the pub booked out? and if so anyone got a spare bed? I cant afford to be opulent.

Give the Pub a call, here are the details....

Phone 07 4128 1233
Make sure you mention ASF Group

drewboy
20-08-2010, 02:17 PM
For anyone who's stuck for accommodation, you can always crash on my floor, got a few matresses floating around!

20-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Cheers Drew and Nige.

Been raining all day on the Sunny Coast so the roads will be a bit wet in patchs but predicted fine weather for the weekend.

MONO
20-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Been raining all day here too , but it can't rain tomorrow because my tyres ain't got groves any more ;)

Fish
20-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Rain has cleared and blue (well black and twinkly now) skies for tomorrow.

MONO
20-08-2010, 07:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fish

Rain has cleared and blue (well black and twinkly now) skies for tomorrow.

Yep all good, brekky run still on meet at 7:30 am Dayboro bakery leave 7:45 am off to Mary Cains cross cafe should be there by 9:00 am
Then a short stroll to Beerwah Shell to meet everyone at 10:30. All welcome

drewboy
20-08-2010, 09:28 PM
well, going by the last few texts i've recieved, sounds like i'll have around 6 bikes comming down to beerwah to meet everyone and ride back, so there should be a fair mob of us! it's only had a light sprinkle of rain here, and all the forecasts are saying mostly fine and sunny tomorrow, and fine for sunday. might just be a few wet roads in the morning.

No worries Davo, anyone is welcome to stay, and can fit a few bikes in the shed too.

Jinx
20-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi Mono. Should be at least 2 of us for the brekky run. See ya there.

Jinx
21-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks Mono. Great ride up to Maleney then down to Beerwah. Just a few of the degenerates we found loitering at the servo.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282539202.jpg

Great to meet you John and your brother Steve.

Just resized your photo here for you.

Catch you on the next ride :D

Thanks for that Mono :)

22-08-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282465912.jpg

Bike shit itself. Only took my boss [top bloke] 45 minutes to come and get me,and he bought the esky full of beer for the way home.
Had a great weekend,good to catch up with the old crew and to meet a few new faces.;)

MONO
22-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Quick Message.

Davo, you started a big chain of events. By the time we saw you weren't in our mirrors, we had actually gone a fair hike we were nearly in Gympie. However, Si, Huddo and myself turned around for a recon, thought for sure you must have <s>flipped it</s>got a puncture. Made it right back to the pine forest some distance back up the Maryborough Road and pulled over to hatch a plan then a couple of cruisers pulled and told us you were back about 3ks and you had organised the van and to go on. By this stage we were well out of fuel and had broken up with the others so based on your message we decided to head back.

Looks like you got home a lot quicker than we did.

Anyway, all home, all good, top ride, talk soon. Will post some pics.

Mr Hyosung
22-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Got home at 5 with a bloody sore arse, from the bike seat and nothing else before I get any smart comments. Had a top weekend. The ride, accommodation and company was excellent. Thanks to drewboy and co for their help. Good to see Davo make it most of the way, and thanks Mono for the monos.

drewboy
22-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for coming up this way fellas, had an absolute ball riding up with you all yesterday. Great to meet new people and put some faces to names. Glad we didn't have too many dramas apart from loosing our mate near kenilworth, sounds like you guys had a few more dramas on your way home, but as long as you all made it safe is the main thing. Thanks again to everyone who came up.
cheers.

Gix11
23-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey Drew, Huddo has still got a bit of your mate's exhaust shroud after he went for a trip down that hill. Let me know if you want Huddo's details to get it back. How did he shape up? I heard he was hurting a bit?

Davo, was that your number that the text message came from yesterday?

I'll have a look on my camera and see if I have any photos and I'll stick them up later.

Cheers to everyone who turned up in the end, was a fair sized crowd and bigger than any of the 1770 runs we've done (plus much better roads!)

Hey Tony and the Gladstone boys, what happened to you lot?!?!

Oh, and Supercharger Mark is a trouble maker.....

craig
23-08-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282570172.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282554854.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282597479.jpg

Thanks to everyone, had a great time. secure parking, not to sure about the paking atendants though.

Gix11
23-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I may have had a few drinks somewhere along the line as there's a lot of blurry shit and not much else. Here's all I could salvage:

Gympie servo:

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282588000.jpg

We thought that Davo doing a burnout from the rear of the drive-through with all our bikes in front of him, and him not being able to stand up by himself properly may not be a winning combination, so Huddo banned him (as seen in Craig's photos above). He walked off and fell alseep sitting on the end of his bed apparently.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282569578.jpg

...and that trouble maker I mentioned. He tried to talk Huddo into jumping off the balcony into a tree with his helmet on:

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282619930.jpg

Mr Hyosung
23-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I propose we nominate Davo's boss as ASF's official recovery vehicle driver. Only 45 minutes to turn up ,and with cold beer, what a legend. By the way Davo, what did you do to it?. For a small amount of money we won't tell your boss about the multiple burnouts on the revlimiter. Next time we go for a ride Craig is the ride leader. He sure knows how to get that Duke around the corners.

23-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Bike just shut down,electrical gremlin.Was just thinking about buying 1 til that happened...?

Supercharger_Mark
23-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Lies, lies, lies si.
davo. (Was just thinking about buying 1 til that happened...?)bullshit.
Great to catch up with everybody and meet some new faces, I had a great time and a good fang through the hills, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Mr Hyosung
23-08-2010, 11:25 PM
bernie's photos

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282638696.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282578473.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1282611055.jpg

crazymofo
23-08-2010, 11:30 PM
gutted i missed it :(

its been so long since ive been out for a ride with you lot.

oct/nov.. dorrigo weekend?

cheers.joe.

drewboy
24-08-2010, 05:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Hey Drew, Huddo has still got a bit of your mate's exhaust shroud after he went for a trip down that hill. Let me know if you want Huddo's details to get it back. How did he shape up? I heard he was hurting a bit?

Si, i don't think he'll need the bits Huddo has, thanks anyway.

Spoke to Glenn(green Speed Triple) today, he told me that Dan(MT-01, the guy who went for a trip down the hill) has a massive bruise that goes all the way around his leg at the thigh! he has had a quote done and even though the bike didn't look too bad, the bill came to $8000!! But that's to replace everything even if it only has a slight scratch, and the bike was spotless before the spill. Still a bit pricey though, not to worry he is insured.

Next time we go for a ride Craig is the ride leader. He sure knows how to get that Duke around the corners.

He sure does Terry, i followed him from the top of Peachester to the cafe at Kenilworth, he doesn't muk around!! and everytime i looked in the mirror i had supercharger mark up my arse! had a ball through the twisties!

Mr Hyosung
24-08-2010, 07:10 PM
That's Superchargers' favourite riding possie LOL

Gix11
25-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I noticed you edited that Terry, We all know what you really meant....

bluemk1
26-08-2010, 03:38 AM
fuck you qlders are a bunch of ugly cunts! :D

Jinx
26-08-2010, 05:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

fuck you qlders are a bunch of ugly cunts! :D

We get better looking with alcohol or the women seem to. Never went to bed with an ugly bitch but woke up next to a few pigs in my time. :D

Fish
27-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Nice one mono

drewboy
29-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok so i edited some of the footage i took on the bike, not sure if i should post it. I edited out any illegal maneuvers, but i couldn't cover the number plates, not that they are very clear. what do you guys recon??

MONO
29-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Can you send me a copy Andrew

drewboy
30-08-2010, 09:57 AM
yeah mate, i can email it to you, what's your email address?

MONO
30-08-2010, 02:05 PM
pm sent Andrew

drewboy
30-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Tried sending it in an email Nigel, but it's too big. 230MB even tried zipping it, but it wouldn't send.

Did a bit more editing and got rid of any footage where you can make out any plates. So i'm confident in posting it on youtube now.