PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Police Baiting other road users.

HOS
16-07-2010, 02:19 AM
We`ve had this discussion here lately about cops pushing poeple on to either exceed the speed limit or go even faster?

Ironically I was out in the car yesterday had a great day at my daughters graduation ceremony, on my way home in the car.
A main trunk road with a strict 50 limit because of a lot of accidents on this particular road.
I went ahead at one island where a full traffic X5 BMW came onto the island and then came right up close behind me. Too close.
The traffic cop was trying to push me on looking like he was going to overtake but couldnt because of the centre markings.
(No Blues and 2s at any stage by the way.)

I know this is a bad stretch of road and the police are always harping on about the number of accidents down it so I thought Fuck you mate, I`m sticking to 50mph.

The traffic cop carries on harrassing me from behind to no avail. So he decides to pull out and cross the markings which is illegal and then hangs it past me down the road well over the speed limit. As I said no Blues and 2s. ;)

I catch up with him at the next island where he is siting straddling two lanes and then sits in the nose to tail traffic up to the next island.

No emergency at all, I am pretty sure it was end of shift time and hes headed back towards the local pound ;)

Thats a full liveried traffic car behaving like that, what chance when the bait you with an unmarked ?

Jup
16-07-2010, 04:48 AM
You did the right thing. If everybody did that, then the baiting would be ineffective and likely stop.

Don't feed the trolls.

Redmohawk
16-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Video camer mounted front and rear of your car n post it to the local (worlds worst driver show makers!)

Large
16-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm a bit surprised that with all your ufo sightings and cop problems you don't have a video cam on you at all times HOS

Redmohawk
16-07-2010, 01:06 PM
hahahahahahahhaha anti anal probe cam

Cruisecontrol
16-07-2010, 01:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

I'm a bit surprised that with all your ufo sightings and cop problems you don't have a video cam on you at all times HOS

Evidence? Surely not!

rock hard
16-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Hos,they have been doing that shit forever,has the heatwave subsided yet?

HOS
16-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Why share them with stupid people ?

Large
16-07-2010, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

I don't consider myself stupid HOS, but I've heard a lot of bullshit stories. Many of them can't be proved either way and I wont lose sleep over that...however if you want to get serious and share your obviously out of the ordinary experiences with your brahs hereabouts-

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAR-REMOTE-KEY-Mini-SPY-HIDDEN-DVR-MICRO-CAMERA-DV-/120501723571?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Digital_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c0e7661b3

At that price you could buy 6 or 7 and put one each on the front and back of your bike, maybe a couple pointing up over your property, one each in your bin and letterbox to catch the spies and the last one up your arse to catch your next anal probing?

Elapid
16-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Will a tin foil hat interfere with the recordings/picture quality Large?

HOS
16-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Joking apart, you have to actually live in the UK to experience the totally obsessive traffic police when it comes to every minor technical infringement on your bike never mind speeding.

Some UK counties seem to operate a policy of "see a bike, pull it" its crap.

I`ve been lucky as well as careful on the road, only 2 x speeding tickets in my life and I do`nt hang around.

People who get caught speeding often need to change their attitude and approach to the issue. There is a tiem and a place "not to fucka round" most bikers don`t seem to know that. You wanna fuck around on the road, fine ! But be smart about where and when. Most importnantly KNOW THE LAW and how the police work. Its what bikers used to do ? Bikers used to be pretty savvy about the law and the bill, not so nowadays. I see a lot of crybabies when they get caught speeding or hiking the front wheel at the wrong time or in the wrong place.

Keeping your licenese is just part of your road skills. Know the enemy, where they hang out and know their weapons. :D

Fair comment ? :)

Large
16-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Very fair, so fair it sounds like you cut and pasted it from Womens Weekly.

What about the UFOs you were seeing a few months ago?

HOS
16-07-2010, 09:58 PM

I don't consider myself stupid HOS, but I've heard a lot of bullshit stories. Many of them can't be proved either way and I wont lose sleep over that...however if you want to get serious and share your obviously out of the ordinary experiences with your brahs hereabouts-

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAR-REMOTE-KEY-Mini-SPY-HIDDEN-DVR-MICRO-CAMERA-DV-/120501723571?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Digital_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c0e7661b3

At that price you could buy 6 or 7 and put one each on the front and back of your bike, maybe a couple pointing up over your property, one each in your bin and letterbox to catch the spies and the last one up your arse to catch your next anal probing?

Sorry Large that didnt come out quite right.
I meant taking photos and videos to post up on the net and youtube such like.

As for UFOs the ones we have seen recently would never have come out on camera. I was a proper 35mm amature camera guy years ago so I know what will show and what will not.

For example How can you photograph an approximate 2m diameter silver sphere in a blue sky, middle of the day that is trying very hard not to be seen ? Me and my lady stood and looked at this bloody sphere and it was almost impossible to lock your eyes on it. It was some kind of technology that was preventing us locking our eyes on it.
It was maybe vibrating or shimmering ? We just dont know.
We watched it for about 60 seconds then it just disappeared in the same spot. Just gone. Wierd shit ? [:p]

Cruisecontrol
16-07-2010, 09:59 PM
LOL

HOS
16-07-2010, 10:06 PM
The 11 craft flyby would never have come out on camera either.
It might have shown as an orange light but would have been very much out of focus.

Low light would have rendered the camera speeds rubbish to have captured anything.

I suppose the only one I might have got something was the final one of the 11 that took a differnet course and flew in very close over our patio right above our heads. It was just a massive ball of orange pulsating light. I mean most people would have papped their pants, but what do you do in that situation ? We didnt get sunburn either :D

I can`t expain this shit or why we see them.

My daughter saw a UFO last week which spooked her a bit.
But what do you do ?
Photos really don`t change anything. I aint scared so why bother to take photos ?

HOS
16-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Very fair, so fair it sounds like you cut and pasted it from Womens Weekly.

What about the UFOs you were seeing a few months ago?

You read what ? Is that next to SF magazine in the bog ? :D

Cruisecontrol
16-07-2010, 10:07 PM
LOL

Large
16-07-2010, 10:11 PM

It might have shown as an orange light but would have been very much out of focus.

Low light would have rendered the camera speeds rubbish to have captured anything.

I suppose the only one I might have got something was the final one of the 11 that took a differnet course and flew in very close over our patio right above our heads. It was just a massive ball of orange pulsating light. I mean most people would have papped their pants, but what do you do in that situation ? We didnt get sunburn either :D

But what do you do ?
Photos really don`t change anything. I aint scared so why bother to take photos ?

Mate, cameras are so cheap and the quality so good you and your family should be carrying them all the time (attach then to your keys) then if/when you see something interesting press the record button and go from there. Fuck the car remote ones I posted a link to could save your arse if you're questioned by a cop "this conversation may be recorded" should mean that you can record it too....

HOS
16-07-2010, 10:16 PM

But what do you do ?

Mate, cameras are so cheap and the quality so good you and your family should be carrying them all the time (attach then to your keys) then if/when you see something interesting press the record button and go from there. Fuck the car remote ones I posted a link to could save your arse if you're questioned by a cop "this conversation may be recorded" should mean that you can record it too....

Yeah your right I know I should get some photos and vids when we see this shit. I`ve been hammered by people for not photographing what I`ve seen !!!
But at the time we were a bit WoW`d, you know ? ;)

Jup
17-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I hear ya'. I've been in plenty of situations where you're too busy going "Holy shit what's that!?" and then after you think "Crap, I should have grabbed the camera"

Shadowzone
17-07-2010, 10:14 AM

But what do you do ?

Yeah your right I know I should get some photos and vids when we see this shit. I`ve been hammered by people for not photographing what I`ve seen !!!
But at the time we were a bit too fucked up on acid, Jimmy Beam and just thought we snorted to much nose candy, you know ? ;)

Fixed it for ya mate...

HOS
17-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Airport in China, Hunan Province had to be closed down for between 1 and 5 hours depending on which news source because of this babe flying around.
No one knows wtf it was, or what it was doing.

Some good photos of the UFO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWDDpLTikY

News media:
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/90872/7058628.html

HOS
17-07-2010, 10:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

Yeah, I hear ya'. I've been in plenty of situations where you're too busy going "Holy shit what's that!?" and then after you think "Crap, I should have grabbed the camera"

Absolutely ! ;):)

People are far too busy staring at their own naval to see whats going on around them ?

Jup
17-07-2010, 10:42 PM
mmmmm.... linty.....

HOS
18-07-2010, 12:11 AM
For those of naval study :D

Almost there with the truth....

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/07/100715-alien-planet-comet-like-tail-hot-space-science/

Cruisecontrol
18-07-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1279477639.jpghttp://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1279433573.jpg

Similar, yet vastly different.

livewire
18-07-2010, 02:51 PM
What's that saying?
Photo's or it didn't happen?
I've seen some things pretty wild things I can't explain, but that doesn't mean I believe in UFO's, just means I can't explain it.
Edit: As for baiting, don't let them bait you, try slowing down to piss them off. Or dab the brakes for 'the dog that run out'. See how he explains to his boss why he shunted some-one in the arse.
I've never been done for flashing headlights to warn other drivers/ riders of impending fiscal danger, but it would always be to tell other drivers/ riders 'to watch out for the wombat that was on the edge of the road'.
Very dangerous things, them wombats.

HOS
18-07-2010, 08:16 PM
UFO = Unidentified flying object.

I have no idea wtf some of the UFOs I`ve seen are [:p] but they defy conventional explanation.

I have a suspicion that the 11 craft flyby both me, my lady and her son witnessed over 25 minutes may have been covert military.
BUT !... wtf have they got that looks like and can do what these did I cannot imagine.

The night in question there were over 200 sightings from different parts of the UK for these large pulsating orange lights.
Same craft we saw ? Or maybe a much bigger event with many more craft ? Who knows ?

The one that we saw explode in what appeared to be slow motion and fell to the gorund, was recovered. I wasnt the only person to ring the police about a downed craft. There were police road blocks in the area it came down that sprung up overnight, because a mate of mine lives there. ;)

Pretty fuckin cool though :)

Wasnt my fault, I was just there ? :D

HOS
18-07-2010, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by livewire

What's that saying?
Photo's or it didn't happen?
I've seen some things pretty wild things I can't explain, but that doesn't mean I believe in UFO's, just means I can't explain it.
Edit: As for baiting, don't let them bait you, try slowing down to piss them off. Or dab the brakes for 'the dog that run out'. See how he explains to his boss why he shunted some-one in the arse.
I've never been done for flashing headlights to warn other drivers/ riders of impending fiscal danger, but it would always be to tell other drivers/ riders 'to watch out for the wombat that was on the edge of the road'.
Very dangerous things, them wombats.

I`ve been baited by traffic police in marked cars a few times from behind in 30 or 40 limits, usually when I`ve had a tasty motor.

They only got me once and that was because it was a plain black unmarked WRX Scoobie with dark tints on the windows.
I was leaving a 40 limit sat on the speed limit, when this black Scoobie came right up behind me at very high speed in a 40 limit.
I took the bait and we raced for 3 miles. [:I]

4.5 litre V8 32valve quad cam RWD BMW v turbo 2 litre 4 wheel drive. [:p]

I don`t respond now. ;)

336LJ
20-07-2010, 12:28 AM
regarding the original topic - I'm the type of person who would slam the brakes on cause I thought I saw something/someone running out on to the road. (unless my kid is in the car). fuck heads do it to me all the time. I even over took one cop doing 90 on a nice big long stretch of road trying to pin people when they were cracking down on that "over taking is no excuse to speed" fad - so I just casually drove beside the prick for about 2km on the wrong side of the road cause he started to speed back up again.
end of quota, or end of shift, either way the bullies have their badges and know how to make their organization some cash.

at least the one on the way up from port mac to coffs on saturday was kind enough to let me tail him at 120 all the way