PDA

View Full Version : i didnt know this

RevHead
14-07-2010, 09:19 PM
last monday the missius asked me to reverse her car up the drive n park it on the front verdge,which i did,u all know i have no licence,an off duty cop saw me do this ,now i never went near the road,,,ive been geTttn watched,phone calls and crap like that all week,,today i get a phone call from highway control command head officer,telling me that since i havent been any trouble to the police up here since i lost my licence,that there not going to pursue me driving my wifes car ???i said wot i never went near the road,,HE SAID because you drove past your front fence,or post box thats considered driving with out a licence///SO basically if you go past your post box or front fence and you havent got a licence your fucked,,he also told me police have lists of suspended and cancelled driver in there car and there job is to drive past these peoples houses every day to see were there cars are and if the cars are not home they issue a search to all local area cars until they catch said person,,,FUCKIN BULLSHIT POWERS,

fimpBIKES
14-07-2010, 09:37 PM
no, that is harrassment
how small is the town you live in?

RevHead
14-07-2010, 09:40 PM
3,000 people

EFE 1230
14-07-2010, 09:52 PM
No harassment just the coppers keeping the community safe from habitual offenders like yourself, harassment would have been if he phoned up and asked for a blowjob to stop it.

RevHead
14-07-2010, 09:56 PM
habitual,i think not 1st time i lost my licence in 30yrs of riding,

Cruisecontrol
14-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Why would they want to pick on you?

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1276978398.jpg

RevHead
14-07-2010, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Why would they want to pick on you?

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1276978398.jpg
;)hey im not hiding anything,i dont do burnouts on the road,or ride like a maniac,in built up areas,i had some piccis taken and i rode across the street at 20ks,yeah i know no licence or helmet,yep i know,should have pushed it ,but up until last monday the fuckers never knew were i was living,my addy is at my workshop
THATS my mailbox in the picci so u can see when i moved the wifes car i was no were near the road,new rulz who knew

JackTar
14-07-2010, 10:14 PM
So let me get this straight, you have lost your licence for doing something illegal, and the cops ring you to tell you that they are NOT going to ping you for doing something else illegal. Is that right? If so I don't see what you are complaining about.

RevHead
14-07-2010, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

So let me get this straight, you have lost your licence for doing something illegal, and the cops ring you to tell you that they are NOT going to ping you for doing something else illegal. Is that right? If so I don't see what you are complaining about.
:Dnot complaining ,i didnt know driving past your mail box was a crime with out a licence,im happy there not going to bust me fo it

JackTar
14-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I could be wrong about this but I am pretty sure 'nature strips' (where most people have their mail boxes) are owned by the council and not the property owner, therefore technicaly you are on public property not private.

RevHead
14-07-2010, 10:27 PM

I could be wrong about this but I am pretty sure 'nature strips' (where most people have their mail boxes) are owned by the council and not the property owner, therefore technicaly you are on public property not private.
;)im pretty sure your right ,,i never thought about that ,so thats y they have been watching me more then ever,only 10 weeks to go now so the cop told me

EXBEN
14-07-2010, 10:32 PM
you can also get booked for parking on the nature strip..

Snaffler
14-07-2010, 11:08 PM
RHP

change ya number so they cant ring you up lol..

be careful dude because having no license you should not be behind a wheel at all and if a cop see`s u put the keys in the ignition he can legally book you..
the bullshit laws they make up these days just arnt worth the argue and what they charge u with is a total joke..

RevHead
14-07-2010, 11:14 PM
yeah understand all that

kev@vcm
14-07-2010, 11:27 PM
pete im on my 3rd yr no licence and i live in south of sydney and i can assure you that that tried this shit with me in my 1st yr with no licence and there doing this to intimerdate you , if you can take alot of notes , what times they drive by if they call you or your house all details . in the end when they would drive by i would let them see me taking pics of them , it took awhile and i got a few stern warnings*COUGH*THREATS* but i kept doing it and i havent been harrased , 1 cunt cop even made a point of drinking at my local , needless to say i drink at home and run a business from home,

just becarefull what you do mate i dont want to see other members introuble

sharky
14-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Aside from the pete/driveway issue....once you are suspended that means you cannot fukin drive a car....so if they drive past and see your car gone tuff....
I had a letter here addressed to a previous tenant for unpaid fines....6 times 'driving whilst disqualified'
Why was he still out on the streets and not inside ?

Redmohawk
15-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Because there to busy filling the lockup with drugo's that dont have a clue lol and chasing mad fuckers on modded bikes!

JackTar
15-07-2010, 03:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

I've also heard of people getting booked for riding their bikes up the drive after washing them with no helmet on.

Tony OW31
15-07-2010, 04:49 PM

I've also heard of people getting booked for riding their bikes up the drive after washing them with no helmet on.

It's fucked trying to wash your bike with a helmet on though, you can't get close enough to get to all those little nooks and crannies:D

nick76
15-07-2010, 05:13 PM
"I've also heard of people getting booked for riding their bikes up the drive after washing them with no helmet on."
It would have to be one fkn cunt of a cop to book you for that.
The fuckers must be on a quota,and just need to get the numbers up.

RevHead
15-07-2010, 06:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Aside from the pete/driveway issue....once you are suspended that means you cannot fukin drive a car....so if they drive past and see your car gone tuff....
I had a letter here addressed to a previous tenant for unpaid fines....6 times 'driving whilst disqualified'
Why was he still out on the streets and not inside ?
hey besides riding over the street ,and moving the wifes car a couple of times thats it,ive been a passanger 4 almost a year now

Large
15-07-2010, 06:45 PM

I'm no lawyer but riding up your drive would indicate you are on private property and pretty much free to do what you want?

Kaosaki
15-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Really? They really drive past peoples houses that have suspended licences? What a crock!
How about using that time to drive past the houses of convicted pedo's, rapists and druggies!? Or trwaling the streets for the bloody youth gangs that are hanging out all over the place stealing peoples shit and setting fire to cars?
Don't worry, once they chip us and surveil by sattelite, street cops will be just about obsolete[:0]

Jinx
15-07-2010, 07:31 PM
The cops in Qld did a bloke on the southside for drink driving while working on a car in his garage. He was under the bonnet and not even in the driving seat but the keys were in the ignition and engine running.

Jup
15-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Your property ends at the fenceline.
On your property, you aren't bound by the road rules (helmet/license), but once you leave your property, you're on Crown land.
I have this dispute with people on a daily basis: "No dick head, you can't put a garden there to stop me riding over your nature strip, it's not your land!"

RevHead
15-07-2010, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

Your property ends at the fenceline.
On your property, you aren't bound by the road rules (helmet/license), but once you leave your property, you're on Crown land.
I have this dispute with people on a daily basis: "No dick head, you can't put a garden there to stop me riding over your nature strip, it's not your land!"
my posty doesnt even mark my lawn,even after a week of rain he never leaves marks

Gitzy
15-07-2010, 08:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

3,000 people

Yeah they all live in Petes fark off giant shed.. :D

renegade
16-07-2010, 09:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

3,000 people

Typical small town cop behavior.

Cops in Cobar and Dubbo were always the same.

JackTar
16-07-2010, 07:41 PM
What they booked people for doing the wrong thing too?

Gixxer_rat85
16-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I hear what you`re saying Pete. The point is not so much whether you`re technically breaking the law, but that police hours are spent on bullshit like this. Won`t be long before they all disappear up thier own asses.

HOOTZ
17-07-2010, 08:48 AM
If you can't drive past your letter box Pete....how bout fixing it to the front of the car !!! lol

Petrol Spice
17-07-2010, 05:15 PM
A few years ago when I was on a WRX forum there was a cop on the QLD section and he was getting everyones mods and seeing pictures and busting people for mods. Proper fuckhole that bloke.

Jinx
17-07-2010, 07:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Petrol Spice

A few years ago when I was on a WRX forum there was a cop on the QLD section and he was getting everyones mods and seeing pictures and busting people for mods. Proper fuckhole that bloke.

Sounds like a Highway Patrol motorcycle cop from the northside. A total turd.

Shadowzone
18-07-2010, 11:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jinx

quote:Originally posted by Petrol Spice

Sounds like a Highway Patrol motorcycle cop from the northside. A total turd.

You mean that fat piece of shit Stemmy?

Even the coppers hated that cunt...

RevHead
18-07-2010, 06:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by HOOTZ

If you can't drive past your letter box Pete....how bout fixing it to the front of the car !!! lol
:Dbahahahahahahha,,,cough ,,,bahahahahahhahahahahahha

livewire
19-07-2010, 03:04 PM
You don't have to be on a road to get done for drink driving.
Can be knicked for it on your own private property.
Keys in the ignition = driving.
I was lucky once ( = let off) pissed sitting in car listening to stereo.
Had no intention of driving but technicly.....
A bloke I now crashed driving around his farm pissed, went to hospital, blood test, pinged the next day.
Maybe because you're still covered by insurance?
Not if you're 05.

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 03:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by livewire

You don't have to be on a road to get done for drink driving.
Can be knicked for it on your own private property.
Keys in the ignition = driving.
I was lucky once ( = let off) pissed sitting in car listening to stereo.
Had no intention of driving but technicly.....
A bloke I now crashed driving around his farm pissed, went to hospital, blood test, pinged the next day.
Maybe because you're still covered by insurance?
Not if you're 05.

Do they no longer need a warrant to come on to your property?

Fight_fan
19-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I think its more the fact that u went to a hospital! I found that out when i crashed my zed. Because i went to hospital after hurting myself whilst operating a vehicle they had to do a blood test. & the cop told me that I also HAD to be charged even tho no one else was involved n they couldnt prove why i crashed, so i copped a neg driving charge for it! :(

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 03:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

I think its more the fact that u went to a hospital! I found that out when i crashed my zed. Because i went to hospital after hurting myself whilst operating a vehicle they had to do a blood test. & the cop told me that I also HAD to be charged even tho no one else was involved n they couldnt prove why i crashed, so i copped a neg driving charge for it! :(

Fuck me, we all may as well just roll over and give em everything now.
They can actually charge you when they have no proof that you where doing anything wrong?
What happened to the burden of proof being on the prosecution?
That is so fuckin wrong it is beyond comprehension.

Jup
19-07-2010, 06:20 PM
He confessed to crashing a motor vehicle (albeit on private property), and was tested as intoxicated. Not really much to prove there Tony.

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 06:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

He confessed to crashing a motor vehicle (albeit on private property), and was tested as intoxicated. Not really much to prove there Tony.

I didn't see where he said he was intoxicated?, just that he was tested for it. I would have thought he would have got a dui if he tested positive?

Cruisecontrol
19-07-2010, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

They can actually charge you when they have no proof that you where doing anything wrong?

The fact that he had a motor vehicle accident without any mitigating circumstances indicates that it was actually his own fault.
All they had to prove was that there was no reason for the accident other than negligence/stupidity and apparently the investigation did exactly that.

And the private property thing means nothing because the bloke I saw on telly the other week who parked his truck in some poor couples bedroom was on private property when he crashed...

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 08:01 PM

quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

The fact that he had a motor vehicle accident without any mitigating circumstances indicates that it was actually his own fault.
All they had to prove was that there was no reason for the accident other than negligence/stupidity and apparently the investigation did exactly that.

And the private property thing means nothing because the bloke I saw on telly the other week who parked his truck in some poor couples bedroom was on private property when he crashed...

Again, your comprehension must be better than mine, because I did not read the part where he said there where no mitigating circumstances, what I read was this "I also HAD to be charged even tho no one else was involved n they couldnt prove why i crashed"
Out of interest, do you think it is reasonable for them to prosecute you for an offence that they have no evidence of you committing?

Cruisecontrol
19-07-2010, 08:04 PM
As I said, yes.
There was obviously evidence, hence why he lobbed up to hospital.

It must be tough living without the ability to make simple deductions based on the info provided. Do you burn your hand on the stove just to make sure it is hot?

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 08:13 PM

As I said, yes.
There was obviously evidence, hence why he lobbed up to hospital.

It must be tough living without the ability to make simple deductions based on the info provided. Do you burn your hand on the stove just to make sure it is hot?

Where is the evidence of an offence? there is obviously evidence of an accident, but no evidence of an offence. See that word 'accident'? they do happen you know, not all crashes are due to breaking the law, and in the absence of any evidence of an offence surely the burden of proof must lay with the police.
I would hate for you to be on the jury if I was on trial for something, making your simple deductions and making 2+2 = 5.

Cruisecontrol
19-07-2010, 08:26 PM
The evidence is that Lance was charged!
Without the transcript of the conversation Lance had with both the medical staff at the hospital and the police he subsequently spoke to I can't give you a word for word account however I shall do my best.

Lance: Hey doc, I hurt myself (describes injuries)

Doc: How did you do that, Lance?

Lance: Well doc I was riding my registered motor vehicle and....

Doc: Hmm, unfortunately since it was a motor vehicle accident and you intend on claiming some type of insurance it must be reported to the police.

Lance: Bummer...

Copper: So what happened?

Lance: I was riding around on my property and fell off.

Copper: Was anyone else involved?

Lance: No, just me.

Copper: Unfortunately for you it was a single vehicle accident and resulted in a treatable injury and an insurance claim we will have to do an investigation which requires an outcome placing somebody/something at fault. Since you were on your own it was your fault you will be charged with the lamest thing we have got being neg driving, as there needs to be an outcome of our investigation.

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 08:43 PM

The evidence is that Lance was charged!

Copper: Unfortunately for you it was a single vehicle accident and resulted in a treatable injury and an insurance claim we will have to do an investigation which requires an outcome placing somebody/something at fault. Since you were on your own it was your fault you will be charged with the lamest thing we have got being neg driving, as there needs to be an outcome of our investigation.

People are charged for offences every day, the law still requires that the police provide evidence of wrongdoing to get a conviction. Just because he was charged does not mean he is guilty, otherwise there would be no need for any investigations.
Why was it his fault, just because he was on his own? Your simple deductions are just that, simplistic and full of assumptions.
A system of law that does not require the upholders of that law to provide proof of wrongdoing is not a system of law, it is fascism.

Cruisecontrol
19-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Do you know what Lance said to the Police?
I don't, but based on the outcome it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he said enough to get himself charged.

Beyond reasonable doubt.
Things only need to be proven this far and any reasonable person would find that you don't just crash for no reason...

hooligan
19-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I had a magistrate tell me once (paraphrased) that although he thought I must have done something stupid because people don't just crash for no reason he had to dismiss the neg driving charge as the police had no evidence.
The police have to have evidence dan, not assumptions. As someone once told me,it's always "I can't remember the accident". Sometimes (as in my case)that's even true.

Cruisecontrol
19-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I got done for neg driving when I had my last bike crash. It was a single vehicle accident and all I told them was that the rear got loose and spat me off. They subsequently inspected the road surface (even if it is wet it is still your fault) and said I was at fault.
The copper gave me the same advice about not remembering anything, although it was after I told them enough to give me a ticket. :)

There was no proof that I was doing anything negligent, but in the absence of any evidence in my defence, it was an obvious conclusion that I was at fault.

There was a show on telly not long ago about accident investigations and they used a lot of deductions and assumptions to book a lot of people for doing silly things...

Tony OW31
19-07-2010, 09:56 PM

I got done for neg driving when I had my last bike crash. It was a single vehicle accident and all I told them was that the rear got loose and spat me off. They subsequently inspected the road surface (even if it is wet it is still your fault) and said I was at fault.
The copper gave me the same advice about not remembering anything, although it was after I told them enough to give me a ticket. :)

There was no proof that I was doing anything negligent, but in the absence of any evidence in my defence, it was an obvious conclusion that I was at fault.

There was a show on telly not long ago about accident investigations and they used a lot of deductions and assumptions to book a lot of people for doing silly things...

That is the whole crux of the matter, the police say you are guilty and it is up to you to prove your innocence, totally contrary to how our justice system is supposed to work, same goes for speed cameras.
With regard to your "show on telly" you are not far wrong. In the uk the company I owned consulted for the police as forensic engineers in matters regarding serious rta's. The conclusions they draw are often decided upon on an agenda, not fact. The amount of accidents blamed on speed when there was no evidence to back it up was unbelievable.

JackTar
19-07-2010, 10:54 PM

Beyond reasonable doubt.

They don't even need this for minor hearings they only need 'In all probability' I know.

hooligan
20-07-2010, 01:06 PM

You were the someone who told me, Dan. In my statement, I said I remembered the road was smooth then bumpy, and then I came to on the side of the road.
The police statements said that they could not estimate my speed, and didn't mention skidmarks.
In court, I asked the officer if there were skidmarks, she said yes. I had her point them out in the police evidence photo, she marked 3 parrallel lines (from my 2 wheels) that were way off in the background of her photo - not the subject of the photo.

This was shown to the judge, who said that he could't see any skidmarks in the photo.

Maybe I was lucky, or maybe I had a reasonable magistrate.

And Blowie, he dismissed the charge because the police couldn't prove negligence beyond reasonable doubt.

b1kawa
20-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I had an accident once (sorry more than once but on this occasion once) i was in my ford xygt faker and ran up the arse of a car plus a car plua a car, I told the copper that I was ajusting the radio and she said if I would have told her I was sneezing she would not have booked me, act of god she said. So try that next time guys.....

cheers....

JackTar
20-07-2010, 11:40 PM
God makes you sneeze?