PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Scammers!

thejester650
14-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I have currently posted on carsales my mates VY Calais as he can't work the internet. But now all i get in my email for him is a constant flood of scamming fucks with the same lines everytime. any one else have this trouble?? it all starts with a short email like 'is this car still available?' or 'is that the final price?'

Heres an example,

The following Private Vehicle Enquiry was generated by carsales.com.au:

Enquiry ID: 4859684
Date: 09/07/2010 19:25

Name: jennifer
Town/Suburb:
Postcode: 4962
Email: jenlewtiy@yahoo.co.uk
Comments:
Hi there,

I just want to confirm the final price of your car.get back to me.

Jen

Vehicle details as displayed on carsales.com.au:

Vehicle ID: 8504941
Vehicle: 2002 HOLDEN CALAIS SEDAN
Colour: White
Price: 23500

thanks for your response,i am okay with the final price....I am actually out of sea right now.presently am in Asia Country(Malaysia)and that's why i am making use of shipping company to have this picked up from you.Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pick up once i have paid you.

Do you mind if i add my shippers fee to your payment and when you get my payment,you can help me transfer their charges to them via western union since i do not have access to Western Union here at the moment.

What's the PayPal email to send funds too or i can as well pay you via a bank deposit ?would you mind emailing me more picture for it as i will not be able to see this in face?

I understand PayPal has a 2.9% PayPal charges will be including as well. so let me have your paypal email address or your full bank account details such as:

name:
bank name:
account number:
address:
city:
state;
zip code:
phone number:

Thank You.

Here's the car if anyone is interested too......
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8574449&__Qpb=true&Cr=13&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32

Hillsy
14-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I've had a few bikes on Bikesales over the past 6 months or so and have had a SHITLOAD of these scamming fucker emails.

I've noticed that the postcode of the originating enquiry was always from WA (I'm in QLD).

Scum.

StuNVA
14-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Had my ute on countrycars and the same thing, in the end I was finding it hard to filter the real buyers from the scammers, I almost gave some guy a rev up at Orange but he was genuine.

BWIAN
14-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Got a buddie here in Adelaide who has sold a few modified cars and track bikes of late, the same sorta thing has been happening to him.

RevHead
14-07-2010, 05:40 PM
same fuckin loser all the time ,reply,,go the fuck away ,dickhead,

nick76
14-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I wonder how many people actually fall for this bullshit??
They must jag afew here and there,otherwise it would've stopped agaes ago.

ACTAngler
15-07-2010, 12:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

I wonder how many people actually fall for this bullshit??
They must jag afew here and there,otherwise it would've stopped agaes ago.

There's a sucker born every minute, the internet just makes finding them easier.

Redmohawk
15-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Anyone want to buy a bridge I've got ? Is in a real good spot over some water people use it every day and i charge em lol

Bob
15-07-2010, 08:26 AM
We've been threw this shit at work with the site ihub. There always at sea or buying for the father for a birthday the scaming cunts.

thejester650
15-07-2010, 09:07 AM
yeah has been quite hard to filter out the cockheads from the genuine article. but the dodgy ones are always 'at sea at the moment' and real nice people who are buying the car for they're 'dad' as a present. :D
It just gets frustrating every email like that gets a very polite fuck off and scam someone else.

336LJ
16-07-2010, 01:59 AM
my brother got an sms like that, and replied with "I'll fuck you with scissors cunt"

nick76
16-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I think anyone thats genuine,actually has money to buy,has money to actually ring.
Emailing is a time waster type of move.
If im keen on something,i call,if its on ebay,and no number,i ask for one.
Who buys vehicles without actually speaking to the owner/seller??

Large
16-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Every time you reply to these scammers they get your email addy to pass on to more spammers

Always use a useless address like "redheadedcommiebitch at thelodge dot com" for that type of thing