PDA

View Full Version : Nine MSN retards

JackTar
12-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Have a look at nine msn right now, there is a heading that says 'woman alive before beach death'

No fucking shit.

RevHead
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
hey i bet it that swedish tourist that went missing last week they found her shit on cronulla beach a week ago ,,there pretty dumb cunts

Gitzy
12-07-2010, 07:38 PM
lol that sounds so dumb..

-Dex-
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Look, I'm the first guy to jump on the "media are fucktards" bandwagon, but to be fair, the headline did use inverted commas appropriately and did make the point that after presumably being lost at sea, the woman washed up when she was apparently still breathing and later died at the scene.

Was it the smartest headline to print? Absolutely not, but it was a fucking long way off the dumbest IMO.

Not to get too soapboxy here, but for a fairly long time now, the Australian media, taking its cue from the American and British tabloids, has adhered to the adage: you'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator. Pretty much any headline or leading story, those that actually report news and not the latest on why your daughter needs to look and act like Paris Hilton, must be taken with a large grain of salt, otherwise you'll just be caught in the whirlwind of bullshit, misinformation, and innuendo that sells copy, but reports very little.

Sorry to rant, but its a sore spot with me. To paraphrase the Dead Kennedy's; give me media accountability or give me death.

NoZ
13-07-2010, 08:27 AM
IN the UK we call that kind of reporting the Daily Mail....

Neo Dutch
13-07-2010, 08:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

hey i bet it that swedish tourist that went missing last week they found her shit on cronulla beach a week ago

Not her, she turned up in a house on the north shore the next day.