PDA

View Full Version : options! maybe?

yoda
09-07-2010, 05:21 PM
so, you guys have great roads.. but, i need a better excuse.

Weighing up a few options at the moment, one of which is moving to Adelaide or the hills.
So, i have a few things to ask.
First and foremost will need some work i guess- i think i might have a thing down the track a bit, but do any of you lads have contacts/info on something to get me a start.
I gather living expenses arent too bad, but would rent rather than buy for a while.
Whats the racing scene like? I think i'll still come back to do vic title races, but whats the local scene like? Is Mallala the only track over there?
Anything else i need to consider?
Cheers.

Kaosaki
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Renting in the hills is expensive. Expect to pay around $300p/w.
The suburbs immediately surrounding Adelaide can be just as much if not more. My mate is renting a nothing special house in Klemzig for $300 a week and Klemzig isn't a posh suburb.
Though units/apartments/flats can be had a lot cheaper in most areas..

Not sure on racing as I've never been.

And if the roads aren't reason enough...our girls are cute & easy and there's no yearly vehicle inspections:D

revken
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Mallala is the only track operating near Adelaide. mac park at Mount Gambier has a race or two I think. What do you do for a job? I think you said when you were over, but I forgot . . . . .

yoda
09-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Mac park is good, been doing a few races there.

At the moment managing a farm Ken, have also done sales/office type stuff, but pretty open to ideas.

revken
09-07-2010, 11:45 PM
I partly work in an Anglicare institution, and we get regular bulletins about jobs so will keep an eye out. alternatively you can register at www.anglicare-sa.org.au for job alerts to be sent to you via email. they have admin type jobs occaisionally.

wackyrider
10-07-2010, 12:28 AM
How come you moving to Adelaide Jon?

yoda
10-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Something different Jules, was thinking Melbourne or Geelong but Adelaide is a bit quieter and warmer.
Have a few options to think about, so its not a done deal yet tho.

Cheers ken, also thinking about something in the line of counselling, was going to start a course here, but might hold off for a little while now.

revken
10-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Social work is also something you could work in.

andrewg0708
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Yoda
I teach a Psychotherapy course at UniSA, if you have an undergraduate degree you could probably get into the Grad Dip in Mental Health
Offered through UniSA - if you want to start a Counselling course this would be ideal

AndrewG

wackyrider
11-07-2010, 11:23 PM
If u come to Melbourne. I have a spare room for you mate at the end of the month. Plenty of space in the shed to build shit. Welding machine, 8 ft long steel workbench with bench grinder and a new 12ton pipe bender :D:D

revken
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Geez Wacky, got me thinking about taking it up LOL. Andrew, what are the details of the course, sounds like something that would be a natural progression for me.

racecomp
29-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Come to Adelaide mate we are all sick here and need some help :D