PDA

View Full Version : pod filters and vacum hoses

fizzer49
11-02-2007, 05:19 PM
hi guys i got a bit of a problem i bought some pod filter to go on top of my carbys on my fzr600 thought they be better than the orginal air box they fit on fine. what do i do with the vacuum hoses off the carbys that were connected to the air box. a mate said you need the vacum hoses connected to the pod filter otherwise it might not run very good. any help would be good

cutcat
11-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi Fizzer, the reason the float bowls are connected to the original airbox is to equalize differences in air pressure, ie if at speed you get some ram air affect and thus positive pressure in the airbox, then the float chamber also gets this pressure increase so you don't get a lean off. Now you have fitted pods you have no way of connecting these tubes but if you have removed the airbox you will not get any ram affect and not get any positive pressure so it will not matter. Just run new tubes up and loop them back down and leave them open to the atmosphere or if you're fussy combine them to a tiny air filter.

fizzer49
11-02-2007, 10:31 PM
that clears it up then so i just leave them open and should not have any worries i also do that for the gearbox breather

shift1313
12-02-2007, 12:15 AM
for your crank case vent id throw a small filter on there though. its a much larger hole and you dont want a small rock or something in your rotating assembly. cutcat, can you cap off the vac ports on the floats? ive got an fzr with standard air box and one with the pod filters and i never looked to see what was done. but i dont remember any extraneous vac hoses.

cutcat
12-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Yea you can cap them off. Any air movement from fuel level change will occur thru the emulsion tube. But its better with them open.