PDA

View Full Version : Ice

thewiz
08-07-2010, 12:42 AM
just found this never seen this before great idea.
https://www.slipstreamperformance.com.au/store/product_info.php?cPath=597&products_id=8841

Zooks
08-07-2010, 08:51 AM
What for?

Seifer
08-07-2010, 09:55 AM
ICE: In Case of Emergency
It must store the details of your loved ones who they can contact when u get into an accident and can't speak after.

Redmohawk
08-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Just an expensive memory stick mate, if you like the idea you can get a $8 1meg one (they come with a lanyard conection alot of the time) put all your shit you want em to know on it and and put a postal address sticker on it with a note for the ambo's/emergencey department personally i just have a business card in my wallet. with please ring etc etc

Fight_fan
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM
But Red, its a cool little gadget! We all love gadgets! This one runs a program when plugged in that automatically brings up all ur details including medical history n next of kin n shit, plus it looks cool! :D

thewiz
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
i have been wiped out a few time buy dick head in cars and the hospital didnt no shit about me till i woke up so these things are a great idea.

fimpBIKES
08-07-2010, 12:30 PM
be easier just to put a label on the inside of jacket or helmet
some of them even have one already and you just fill it out

when i was out of it in my big crash they managed to figure out who i was and contact necessary people from the contents of my wallet

Cruisecontrol
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Or just add it to your address book in your phone.
Then they just hit call and get in contact with your next of kin that will tell them everything they need to know with the added bonus of letting them know what happened to you.

Gitzy
08-07-2010, 03:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Then they just hit call and get in contact with your next of kin that will tell them everything they need to know with the added bonus of letting them know what happened to you.

I use to think that... then mate flipped his firestorm and shebang!! landed on phone.. [:0] luckily passer by knew him..

JackTar
08-07-2010, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

I could be wrong Dan but I don't think they are allowed to use your phone unless it is a last resort.

I knew a bloke in the Navy (out now) who was a piss wreck and used to have a card in his wallet incase he was found drowning in his own vomit somewhere LOL

Redmohawk
08-07-2010, 04:27 PM
first thing they check to find out who you are is wallet so best thing is card in the front with who you are , phone isn't really an option as jacktar said its a last resort they go flat and get smashed alot, inside of jacket is a good idea but knowing me I'd bleed all over it lol . I'm an organ donor and my details are written onto the back of the donor card then I laminated it and is in the front of my wallet so you see it when its opened first drivers licence behind it.

Redmohawk
08-07-2010, 04:28 PM
the ICE dova is a great idea but you need a pc to look at it , not always an option and takes time to load, sometimes paper is easyer.

Cruisecontrol
08-07-2010, 05:00 PM
But, but, but the whole ICE thing started on phones... :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

thewiz
08-07-2010, 05:38 PM
its good for me i don't carry a wallet and a phone can get smash and im allergic to different thing that if they gave it to me id be dead in no time so it may save me .

Iceman
08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
yes????

boris
08-07-2010, 06:27 PM
you may not carry a wallet but surely you carry your license, yeah? ji
ust get a dog tag and get ur info engraved into it> I always risde with people I know so it's not an issue for me

JackTar
08-07-2010, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by boris

I always risde with people I know so it's not an issue for me

And you all live in the same house?

RevHead
08-07-2010, 08:29 PM
so when they find a pile of gue that used to be u ,the plug this thing in an they know its u

boris
09-07-2010, 09:22 AM
yeah jacktar we all live in the same house, just saying they know my details where I live/ work and how to contact the wife smartass lol

thewiz
09-07-2010, 12:13 PM
quote:surely you carry your licenseno i dont carry any thing on me only smokes and cash.i dont carry id at all never have done.