PDA

View Full Version : Adapter SRAD Rear Shock - K7 Shock

Chase
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I've got my hands on a k7 750 shock and want to put it in my 600 SRAD. Anyone know who makes the adapter mount for these? Or done the job? I've seen em around but not sure if there's one done or I have to get it fabed?

latheboy
06-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't know if you can buy them but you could design what you want and take it to the local machine shop.
Or i could make it if you can draw up what you want.

Chase
06-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Ah too easy, cheers! PM Sent

Chase
29-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks to the top job by latheboy, here's how you fit a K9 rear shock into a 97 SRAD..

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1280421472.jpg

:D:D

RevHead
29-07-2010, 08:31 PM
nice job

Redmohawk
30-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Indeed it looks nice, don't mean to be a wowser guys but I'b be a bit worried the lateral loads on the current setup might be an issue long term. From the looks of it (Ivan?) it's one piece of ally with the thread cut into it, I'd feel safer with a larger diameter of the main shaft so theres more support around the area where the main shaft is reduced to the thread and/or bore a hole through it and use a high tensile bolt to mount it. Not knocking your work and I know you would prob be better informed as to if its will be fine , just hate the ass to drop from under chase while doing somthing "FUN"

latheboy
30-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't think its an issue as most if not all the load will be going striaght up to the frame mount. It is one piece of Al. (billet, fuck i hate that word) machined using the OME part for size. It's just a bit longer. I would happily make the assumption that this is stronger than the cast part it's replacing.

I have no problem with criticism and it's most welcome.

Chase
30-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the concern Red, I'd hate for my arse to drop out as well I'm quite attached to it - but have complete confidence in the part and workmanship, more so than the 13yo original.

At least if the worst did occur it would make for some funny as fk pics..
:D

Redmohawk
30-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Cool Cool with Ivan making your bits your in good hands , just don't let him get his hands on your other bits! I bet he has a good grip with all that rock climbing haha