PDA

View Full Version : heading east soon

hyofighter
05-07-2010, 08:40 PM
as the title suggests me and the missus are heading east to deniliquin for the ute muster in october http://www.deniutemuster.com.au/ , we are heading over with the crew from WA with about 10 utes but after the muster some are heading back to WA and some are heading to bathurst for the V8's , we are heading south in to VIC plan is deni to ballarat for 2 days to meet my family ive never meet and go to soverign hill to show the missus and have a look at were my grandpa use to work , then ballarat to geelong for 1 night via echuca for the holden museum and stupid ford museum in geelong for the missus , next day start to head home geelong to Mt gambier have know idea what is there , next day to murray bridge and know idea what is there either , next day to port augusta via freeling to have a beer at the gungellan pub so the missus can have her mc'clouds daughters fix , and then across the nulla home checking out the bite , most of the day driving is about 400k's except the nulla ill be smashing those k's

so what im after is some info , is it worth going the mount gambier way home ? is there much to see this way ? i only chose this way as i was following the coast , is there a better way to head back better stuff to see ? is anyone else heading to deni ?

Booster
05-07-2010, 10:51 PM
When your in SA checkout the national motor museum in Birdwood ,
And if you need anything while in the northern Vic , southern NSW just let me know

hyofighter
05-07-2010, 10:52 PM
just realised i put this topic in the wrong section , o well

hyofighter
05-07-2010, 10:56 PM
cheers booster , gonna look up the museum now

el sammo
06-07-2010, 12:39 AM
hmm i grew up near my gambier it has a blue lake to look at and theres some nice coastline not far off but thats about it

sickboy
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM
definately go the Great Ocean Road ,but you will have wished you had chucked your bike in ya ute.[:p]not much in Murry Bridge [xx(]

geesexar
06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
yeah mate Mt Gamier has a blue lake which would be grey at this time of year...fuck all at Murray Bridge as booster said the motor museum is cool as in Birdwood...the great ocean road a defo must...if you're in Adelaide give me a bell if its just you and the missus theres bed if ya need one

hyofighter
06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
great ocean road is is the plan but from the back to port augusta im open to suggestions if there is anything better to do or see , but cheers for the info so far peoples its appreciated and so are the invites , cheers ASF people are just to good

Mishdog20
06-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey mate, Sovereign Hill in Ballarat is pretty cool. When ya get in to Ballarat, ya should send us a msg and drop around for a beer. Oh there's a spare bed here too if ya need somewhere to crash.

BANDITROD
06-07-2010, 08:09 PM
if you plan it right i might come down for a piss up at your joint glen

Mishdog20
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Fuck yeah, sounds like a top idea Rod...

Watto
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
have they still got the giant prawn down at Kingston in south oz??

BANDITROD
06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
i believe so watto

wackyrider
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Glenn, this could be interesting... :)

But no mankini this time....

Mishdog20
06-07-2010, 10:31 PM
please no Frenchy..lol

rock hard
07-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey Scotty, make sure to buy Mishdog and Kevkatana a beer for me mate those boys are tops As far as i can tell these mexicans are piss heads like us in the west..have a good trip mate, im in Toowoomba visiting my dad,he's not doing to good,see ya when i get home

hyofighter
07-07-2010, 08:40 PM
not good to here moz , hope all turns out good

mishdog20 ill be in ballarat on 2 of the following days 4/5/6 which is mid week but for sure when gets closer will get in contact with ya for a beer and a beer from moz , i take it you live in ballarat do you know any of the belshaw's there ??

Mishdog20
07-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Nah mate, the name doesnt ring a bell. But ive only lived here for the last couple of years. Those days sound good mate, have to see what i can organise. A barbie might be the go.