PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen these before - Alloy Projector Lights

jonesy5000
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Twin alloy housed projectors, plug straight in to H4 halogen style block connector

MSRP is £149.99, a group buy of 10 we would offer a better price.

By the way all the wiring is already done just plug em in to the standard loom, the only thing extra you will need is a small side light bulb as projectors dont have them as standard.

Just PM or reply to this thread if you are interested in a group buy.

These are very high quality unlike the cheap and nasty dominator headlights that people still sell after 20 years

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1278139393.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1278110190.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1278187144.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1278172937.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1278176045.jpg

jonesy5000
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Cant seem to add the photos, oh well!

Swordsy
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562

Gitzy
03-07-2010, 06:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by jonesy5000

Cant seem to add the photos, oh well!

Not oh well, add pics ya bastard ;), I wanna see what they looks like..

sharky
03-07-2010, 06:45 AM
So Jonesy...you the store owner or a customer ???

jonesy5000
03-07-2010, 07:43 AM
No Sharky... im an importer of the lights from a manufacturer, i dont sell direct to the public unless you get minimum 10 per order, im showing you the lights because dealers are crap at advertising parts. If you have an issue with us showing new parts thats fine, water of a ducks back to be honest.

Im showing you the parts so you can see the parts available that dealers dont seem to want to bother you with.

If you still think the dominators are current and worth the money after 20 years on sale go for them, or you can pick an upto date product like these. Dominators cost $25usd if you buy a few hundred, not really a great deal are they?

MTBEERWAH
03-07-2010, 08:04 AM
So they look the goods,how well do they perform as in direction and spread of light on an unlite road in the middle of no where? There are some good and bad projector lights out there?

nick76
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I like the look of them.
Pity you cant mount them stacked ontop of each other,with the top one set back abit.
It may be possible tho with one of the other mount set ups that are shown there.
I've been looking for ages for something similar to this,but have now started to make my own out of CanAm Roadster/Spyder lights.

jonesy5000
03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
You could mount them one on top of the other if you make a bracket that holds them like that, they both have a lug on the base to "base mount" them funnily enough. Have a look at the photo you will see it.

fimpBIKES
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
hi jonesy, a fair bit of it comes down to what sort of bulbs are in them if you ask me

so what are they? h3? h4? downlights?

Kaosaki
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi, I'd like to see some pics of light pattern/spread. It's easy for anyone to say they sell quality products when it comes to projectors, but it's not easy to find someone that actually does sell a decent projector.
I've bought 2 different sets this past year that the sellers claimed were 'quality units'. Not falling for that again.
145pounds is like $260. Not much more $$ and I could be set up with a Morimoto Mini Bi-Xenon HID kit, which is a proven projector setup.

So yeah, I'd like to see pics, and more specs, such as what bulbs does it run, whether both use a cut-off, do they carry the E-Mark???
Lighting is one thing people should never skimp on with a motorcycle.... Say what you will about Dominators but they've lasted so long in the market for a reason. They put out decent light and they're approved for road use.....

jonesy5000
05-07-2010, 12:41 AM
These are e-marked, H1 bulbs 55w.

Dominators throwing out decent light, what a joke!! These will be like its daylight if you think Dominators are good. You want decent lights buy a set of genuine headlights from an original Triumph tiger 900 trailie.

I will get beam patterns if you need to see them. Dominators have been around so long because they are cheap and cheerful.

Jup
05-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Umm... Welcome to the forum!

These units look pretty enough, but I too would like to see examples of them in action.

scotty
05-07-2010, 08:52 AM
those of u that have seen brad @ bc's blade(built 3 or 4 years ago) will no how good they are. BUT i dont think he payed that much, i'll see him tommoza and get some details............

Kaosaki
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM

These are e-marked, H1 bulbs 55w.

Dominators throwing out decent light, what a joke!! These will be like its daylight if you think Dominators are good. You want decent lights buy a set of genuine headlights from an original Triumph tiger 900 trailie.

I will get beam patterns if you need to see them. Dominators have been around so long because they are cheap and cheerful.

LOl, I will admit that the only Dominators I've seen in person had 100/90w bulbs in them.
The projectors probably do have a better pattern, but I doubt that they would put as much light out as a twin h4 setup.
Yes, I would definetly like to see beam patterns particularly the cutoff. And as I asked before, do both projectors contain a cutoff, or only one?
Also, are the mounting brackets included in that price? If they are, that would be a bit better of a deal....
Cheers.

thewiz
05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
id like to hear more about these light thanks.

jonesy5000
08-07-2010, 01:01 AM
The mounting brackets pictured are sh*te thats why we arent bringing them in. But too be honest most "streetfighters" still use the chinese chrome steel clamps and steel chromed arm brackets that rot after a few monbths so it would seem that streetfighter people are happy with sh*te products.

Most of the stuff sold in big magazines and on fleabay is far eastern and not worth the metal its made from. These are quality items at a fair price. If you knew what stuff cost you wouldnt buy it either.

latheboy
08-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I love shit products, they give me a boner.....

I wouldn't make that assumption if i was you.

crazymofo
08-07-2010, 08:29 AM

so it would seem that streetfighter people are happy with sh*te products.

and so it would seem that your a fucktard.....that knows shit

cheers.joe.

Jup
08-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Ka-chingo!

Fight_fan
08-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Tit would seem that streetfighter people are happy with sh*te products.

WOW! Did u really write that? Good luck with ur lights buddy, I hope they keep you warm at nite... [xx(]

fimpBIKES
08-07-2010, 12:24 PM
wtf?
are you honestly trying to tell us that those light units are NOT made in some asian country

Gitzy
08-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Thats a massive statement in my opinion, my doninators throw out awesome light and the quality of both sets i've owned although prob made in some chinese sweat shop has not deteriorated over time at all, I see your from UK and i'm hazarding a guess but i think stuff goes to shit sooner over there from salt etc on the roads.. (so i've read) maybe climate or just general lack of care has determined the state of the ones you have seen.. I bought a brand new Triumph Street Triple R last year and the light output was almost identical between the pair of them. I admit I really like your lights I think they look great, but damning others to make yours sound better is a little silly. Surely if you resell this product you should be able to get hold of some pics of there output against a wall and night time pics etc.. you may have some buyers..

Cruisecontrol
08-07-2010, 01:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

WOW! Did u really write that? Good luck with ur lights buddy, I hope they keep you warm at nite... [xx(]

Hehe,
hopefully his lights are brighter than he is.

Kaosaki
08-07-2010, 03:31 PM

The mounting brackets pictured are sh*te thats why we arent bringing them in. But too be honest most "streetfighters" still use the chinese chrome steel clamps and steel chromed arm brackets that rot after a few monbths so it would seem that streetfighter people are happy with sh*te products.

Most of the stuff sold in big magazines and on fleabay is far eastern and not worth the metal its made from. These are quality items at a fair price. If you knew what stuff cost you wouldnt buy it either.

WTF!?!? You do know you're posting on a forum filled with "streetfighter people" right? You Sir, are a Class A Idiot with a PhD in FUCKTARD 101....

And by the way, I found the manufacturers of those lights on Alibaba. They're made in Taiwan. That's an "eastern country" isn't it?
http://www.alibaba.com/product/enrcompany-110781710-10880618/Auxiliary_Lamps_for_motorcycle_auto_ATV_Jeep_buggy _UTV_.html

http://www.e-r.com.tw/

I've emailed them to see what their price is. I gaurantee it's a damn sight less than $260. But you're right they're probably "not worth the metal its made from".....

Still waiting for light shots and answers to questions too....

latheboy
08-07-2010, 05:05 PM
HAHA good work Trev.

Although i gotta say if its coming out of Taiwan they will be good.

nick76
08-07-2010, 05:22 PM
The only problem with alibaba,is that most of those manufacturers give you a price per container.
I remember trawlling that site afew years ago,and you could get those ridiculous looking 50cc dirtbikes for something like $25 a piece,for a container load!!!

Kaosaki
08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah for sure man. I've been a member of Alibaba for about 2 years and am yet to buy anything from there because of that fact. I was in contact with this digital dash supplier.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/224416226/Digital_speedometer.html
Gauges like the ones that ebay seller "Dan-Moto" sells are only $15-$20 and you have to buy a minimum of 100. From memory, the shipping doubled that cost, but that is still piss cheap. Only problem was that I didn't know any one that wanted gauges and couldn't afford to do it on my own. The last time I messaged them I enquired about the "Minimum 100 Piece", specifically whether I could have 20 of each gauge to make the 100 piece minimum. I changed internet provider before I got the reply so don't know if they'll do that. May be worth me contacting them again....
Anyway, enough thread jacking from me...

08-07-2010, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kaosaki

..well, he's being a bit 'naughty' to those that might use his...stuff.....or...might not..alot

WTF!?!? You do know you're posting on a forum filled with "streetfighter people" right? You Sir, are a Class A Idiot with a PhD in FUCKTARD 101....

And by the way, I found the manufacturers of those lights on Alibaba. They're made in Taiwan. That's an "eastern country" isn't it?
http://www.alibaba.com/product/enrcompany-110781710-10880618/Auxiliary_Lamps_for_motorcycle_auto_ATV_Jeep_buggy _UTV_.html

http://www.e-r.com.tw/

I've emailed them to see what their price is. I gaurantee it's a damn sight less than $260. But you're right they're probably "not worth the metal its made from".....

Still waiting for light shots and answers to questions too....

slender
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
nice lights

jonesy5000
10-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Yep Taiwan through an through - obviously, it doesnt take a genius to work that out! We are not interested in selling to the public only dealers, just wanted to know what you think and you lot like them so thats all we need to know. We sell in hundreds not one's and two's (ten's i would do if i can be bothered but not really what we are about, especially not shipping to Aus from Germany) these will filter into the mainstream and every tom, dick and harry will have them soon, then they will be as common as the dominators just not as sh*te!

jonesy5000
10-07-2010, 07:07 AM
On a side note, we have been dealing with Taiwan companies and buying containers of stuff for over a decade. We go to most of the trade shows worldwide and so do actually know exactly what a quality product is and what is a sh*te product, we also have a good idea what is worth buying and the quantities that will be shifted. We see the companies where all the big glitzy magazines buy there stuff from and know that 99% of the time the general public are getting royally shafted on the price of products. Most alloy mirrors cost less than $7 a pair, LED indicators $6 to $8 dollars a pair, iridium double bubble screens $5 each (all parts sold by large companies for massive mark ups, iridium screens for example are normally around $80) if thats not taking the p*ss then what is?

When you go to these shows the parts available are unbelievable and the quantities not huge that you need to buy. The only way to guarantee that a product is good quality and value for money is to buy it from a manufacturer in your home market or from a known source.

crazymofo
10-07-2010, 07:45 AM
so go on then, how much do you buy these light for then?

$148.00? so your only marking up $1.99? jeez your so good to us.

cheers.joe

Kaosaki
10-07-2010, 12:07 PM

Yep Taiwan through an through - obviously, it doesnt take a genius to work that out! We are not interested in selling to the public only dealers, just wanted to know what you think and you lot like them so thats all we need to know. We sell in hundreds not one's and two's (ten's i would do if i can be bothered but not really what we are about, especially not shipping to Aus from Germany) these will filter into the mainstream and every tom, dick and harry will have them soon, then they will be as common as the dominators just not as sh*te!

So basically you signed up here to gather opinions on your u-beaut lights. You're not even interested in selling them to us...Oh wait, if you can be 'bothered' you might do ten? Ooooh, we bow down to you and beg of you to do so!
And yeah, we like the look of them...BUT WHERE'S THE DAMN LIGHTING SHOTS WE'VE ASKED FOR??? Just 'cause something looks good, doesn't mean it performs the same way....

On a side note, we have been dealing with Taiwan companies and buying containers of stuff for over a decade. We go to most of the trade shows worldwide and so do actually know exactly what a quality product is and what is a sh*te product, we also have a good idea what is worth buying and the quantities that will be shifted. We see the companies where all the big glitzy magazines buy there stuff from and know that 99% of the time the general public are getting royally shafted on the price of products. Most alloy mirrors cost less than $7 a pair, LED indicators $6 to $8 dollars a pair, iridium double bubble screens $5 each (all parts sold by large companies for massive mark ups, iridium screens for example are normally around $80) if thats not taking the p*ss then what is?
When you go to these shows the parts available are unbelievable and the quantities not huge that you need to buy. The only way to guarantee that a product is good quality and value for money is to buy it from a manufacturer in your home market or from a known source.

Well Sir, you fit neither of those categories for me.
The only way you're going to prove to me that this is a quality product, is if you post up those damned lighting shots and answer the questions asked of you!
But I guess it doesn't matter if you're not interested in selling to the public anyway...

And we're all aware of the markups retailers slap on their products. I've been cruising Alibaba and other trade sites for years. Nearly every product you can think of can be found on those sites.
I can almost garauntee that your lights are in the extreme range of markups. Indicators costing $3 a pair and being re-sold for $20 isn't that great of a markup.
Lights costing $30 a pair and being resold for $260 is a pretty good bankday for you!

Sorry guys, don't mean to rant & crap, but this fellas posts just ark me up[?]

Gitzy
10-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Ooooh, we bow down to you and beg of you to do so!

Lol.. your fiesty for newbie Trev [}:)], good stuff..

holyman_999
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I for one am not a fan, these style lights only look good when mounted in a trick alloy bracket, IMO.
Dominators are THE standard, and for very good reason. To call them shite when they dominate (see what I did there?;)) the market is just a pathetic attempt to brag about the "quality" of your product without providing any evidence.
Do your market research elsewhere.
Oh, and eat a dick.

That is all.

edited for spelling

jonesy5000
10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

so go on then, how much do you buy these light for then?

$148.00? so your only marking up $1.99? jeez your so good to us.

cheers.joe

See new thread with photos. Yep we are good to you arent we :D:D

jonesy5000
10-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Lighting shots on new thread :D Your right why bother with 10, waste of time especially having to send them half way round the world.[:D

jonesy5000
10-07-2010, 05:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by holyman_999

I for one am not a fan, these style lights only look good when mounted in a trick alloy bracket, IMO.
Dominators are THE standard, and for very good reason. To call them shite when they dominate (see what I did there?;)) the market is just a pathetic attempt to brag about the "quality" of your product without providing any evidence.
Do your market research elsewhere.
Oh, and eat a dick.

That is all.

edited for spelling

http://forum.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/archive/index.php?t-40077.html - yeah really great product!

fimpBIKES
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM

wait a minute, so are you in the UK as stated in your details or germany
you just might be the dodgiest sounding fucker i have ever come across!!

ps- kaosaki for newbie of the month!!!!

jonesy5000
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
In UK working for a German wholesaler, doesnt take sherlock holmes to work that one out for fucks sake!

fimpBIKES
12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
fuck off

boris
12-07-2010, 06:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES
ps- kaosaki for newbie of the month!!!!

no way fimp my vote goes to jonesy and with comments like "In UK working for a German wholesaler, doesnt take sherlock holmes to work that one out for fucks sake!" trying to win us all over come on who can argue with me :D lol go kaosaki ur like a fucken pitbull going straight for the jugular
and for mr jonesy the rest of us have followed protocol and introduced ourselves and then bought or sold gear (as I'm sure you have read in nearly every start to every segment here) if you don't do this then you get hammered with comments as you have since found out play by the rules and the big kids won't pick on you mate;)

jonesy5000
13-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Ha Ha, big kids! Sounds about right.

Yamie
14-07-2010, 06:57 PM

Lighting shots on new thread :D Your right why bother with 10, waste of time especially having to send them half way round the world.[:D

jonesy5000 your a fucking cock, for a salesman your fucking awesome Not. If you worked for me you would be sacked. Sorry my 2 cents worth

nick76
14-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Jonesy seems to have revved up afew people here.
He,as a salesman,has obviously fucked this up royally.
The light he was originally showing,are probably quite good.
They are multifunctional,can be mounted in many ways(alittle like jonesys mum)and used on cars,bikes,whatever.
Im sure it wont be long before a buyer for Supercheap/Autobarn spots them,and puts them on the shelf for $49.95,plus $9.95 for various mouting options??

mitch.lax
14-07-2010, 08:27 PM

I've emailed them to see what their price is. .

Let us know how you go mate

Kaosaki
20-07-2010, 01:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by mitch500

They got back to me today. Prices quoted are for min order of 100 pieces, not 100 pairs. Price is also FOB (Free on Board) Taiwan, effectively meaning freight,insurance etc are the responsibility of the buyer.

*For the lights in Jonesy's first post in the 5th picture no.1 the cost is US$31.88 per/light (not pair) for either a H1 hi or low.

*For the same light but in HID the cost goes up to US$54.88 per light.

*For the same light but in Bi-Xenon HID the cost goes up to US$70 per light.

In the documents they sent me there are also two pictures showing light pattern of both hi and low. In my opinion they are very poor.
If anyone wants a copy of the documents let send me your email address.

nick76
20-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Post up the pics Kaosaki.
The lights might be crap,and not suitable for me,living in a rural area,but for the guys that don't leave metro areas very often,probably don't need great lighting,as the streets are fairly well lit anyway.

Yamie
20-07-2010, 10:29 AM

quote:Originally posted by mitch500

They got back to me today. Prices quoted are for min order of 100 pieces, not 100 pairs. Price is also FOB (Free on Board) Taiwan, effectively meaning freight,insurance etc are the responsibility of the buyer.

*For the lights in Jonesy's first post in the 5th picture no.1 the cost is US$31.88 per/light (not pair) for either a H1 hi or low.

*For the same light but in HID the cost goes up to US$54.88 per light.

*For the same light but in Bi-Xenon HID the cost goes up to US$70 per light.

In the documents they sent me there are also two pictures showing light pattern of both hi and low. In my opinion they are very poor.
If anyone wants a copy of the documents let send me your email address.

Nice work :)

Chase
20-07-2010, 10:56 AM
ROLF.. I fkn love this Jonesy guy, hang in there mate. It's just like a fart in an elevator that everyone takes turns complaining about the smell but no fkr wants to open the door and get rid of it..

Ha.. fkn gold.

Kaosaki
20-07-2010, 11:10 AM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/hot-ef/Untitled-1.jpg
Yeah in my opinion that light pattern is horrendous. There are so many bright/dark patches throughout the pattern. Those pictures look the same as the output from my $55 projectors I got off ebay.
The cut off is somewhat acceptable, BUT the 'step' is on the wrong side and is almost non existent.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/hot-ef/20100719-Mr.jpg

sharky
20-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Wonder if the salesman of the decade will comment now we have all the evidence..

MTBEERWAH
21-07-2010, 06:36 PM
if someone doesn`t like these lights then don`t respond, it`s like if your watching shit on tv ,if you don`t like it, you turn it off, personally, i`ve got my bandit projectors which i`ve pulled apart and modified the blinds through alot of experimentation to get the beam i want, and without pissing off other drivers