PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Lost key and crippled by HISS

Mister.X
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey guys,
Am hoping some one here may have some info for me.
Ive lost the one and only key to my Honda cbr f4i. My problem is the HISS immobilisation system. Does anyone know someone capable of either bi-passing the immobiliser or reprogramming my ecu?
I have only been able to track down one person able to reprogramme the ecu,and he wants $950!!
Even if anyone has a wiring diagram for my ecu so i can try to figure out a soloution.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BANDITROD
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
cheapest option is a loom and computer from a us model cos they dont have hiss look on ebay

Mister.X
01-07-2010, 07:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

cheapest option is a loom and computer from a us model cos they dont have hiss look on ebay

Thanks mate,
Yeah tried that first but no luck,none on there atm.
And need my bike back on the road asap! Driving to work in peak hour traffic is doing my head in :(

Booster
01-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Ebay UK , was a guy advertising to recode keys and ecu as a set

Booster
01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CBR-600-1000-rr-1100-st1300-coded-ECU-CDI-keys-/160443666186?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item255b300f0a

Mister.X
02-07-2010, 11:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Ebay UK , was a guy advertising to recode keys and ecu as a set

Thanx Booster..
I contacted him last week,and still waiting for him to get back to me as to wether he has one to sell.
Ive have also been in contact with the mob that he works with MotoMatrix. They reprograme ecu's for 220p. Problem there is ive searched the net and cant find out much about them. And in the process actually stumbled across a guy slamming them in a forum for bad service. So im hesitant to send it off incase i never seee it again.

Mister.X
02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CBR-600-1000-rr-1100-st1300-coded-ECU-CDI-keys-/160443666186?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item255b300f0a

Nice work mate :)
Last time i looked he was only selling specific ecu's which had already been reprogrammed. I didnt realise he had now listed just the service alone. If nothing else comes up in the next few days ill use him. Thanks again..

80s freak
02-07-2010, 10:18 PM
I have dealt with a bloke in Melbourne who re-zapped a Hornet ecu for me about 2 years ago, for a couple of hundred dollars.I'll have a hunt on monday and see if I can find some details for you

Mister.X
03-07-2010, 03:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

I have dealt with a bloke in Melbourne who re-zapped a Hornet ecu for me about 2 years ago, for a couple of hundred dollars.I'll have a hunt on monday and see if I can find some details for you

Your a good man :)..now thats a price im happy to pay.
I still cant believe my local guy wants $950! surely there couldnt be enough labour/time involved to warrant that price.

nick76
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I remember reading on another forum bout a bloke with the same problem.
I think he ended up finding a locksmith in Leichhardt/Syd that could do it,and i remember it be the far cheapest option.
I'll have a look later,and see if i get more details.

nick76
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Here is a cut and paste jobbie from another forum.Maybe he can help.

Hey Guys,
I am Ben, Inner West Locksmiths in Annandale. I used to own Dragon Tyre Warmers so some of you know me.

Here is a basic run down with out the crap.

Suzuki - We can copy, program and supply keys. If you have an existing one then about $145. Black or red key makes no difference to us.

Kawasaki - Same as above.

Yamaha - Same as above.

Ducati - Same as above but I can reprogram the dash as well if needed.

Honda - These are more complicated. There are ways but at this stage better to go thru the dealer if it is around the same sort of money. Unless you lose all your keys then I would be of benefit.

Now if you lose all your keys for the above I can help in most cases but it will be expensive, I have to reprogram your ecu and lots of time and mucking around but thats better than $2-$4k at the local dealer. Even if you lose your red master key I can help.

Now to the ebay thing. I would not program using someone elses key. Two reasons. 1. if it is wrong it can cause major problems. 2. I have invested in very expensive equipement and thousands of hours of working these things out.
Happy to cut any key you have though.

Cheers
Ben

Mister.X
03-07-2010, 08:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

Here is a cut and paste jobbie from another forum.Maybe he can help.

Hey Guys,
I am Ben, Inner West Locksmiths in Annandale. I used to own Dragon Tyre Warmers so some of you know me.

Here is a basic run down with out the crap.

Suzuki - We can copy, program and supply keys. If you have an existing one then about $145. Black or red key makes no difference to us.

Kawasaki - Same as above.

Yamaha - Same as above.

Ducati - Same as above but I can reprogram the dash as well if needed.

Honda - These are more complicated. There are ways but at this stage better to go thru the dealer if it is around the same sort of money. Unless you lose all your keys then I would be of benefit.

Now if you lose all your keys for the above I can help in most cases but it will be expensive, I have to reprogram your ecu and lots of time and mucking around but thats better than $2-$4k at the local dealer. Even if you lose your red master key I can help.

Now to the ebay thing. I would not program using someone elses key. Two reasons. 1. if it is wrong it can cause major problems. 2. I have invested in very expensive equipement and thousands of hours of working these things out.
Happy to cut any key you have though.

Cheers
Ben

Hey Nick,
The guy Ben you are refering to is the guy i mentioned earlier wanting to slug me $950!!
Its a dead end unfortunately. I even offered to remove the lock barrel and ecu in a bid to get the price down but he wont budge.
But appreciate your help mate,Cheers.

nick76
03-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Fuck.
I think the biggest problem is that you have no key.
Do you have the key code written somewhere in your books?
If not,you go to a honda dealer with your engine and chassis numbers,and im sure they can try and get the key number,get it cut off that,and then programmed?

nick76
11-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I now have an ignition and key to an 07 Blade that came with a front end i just bought.
Not sure if its any help to you,or what its worth?
Not even sure if its any good for anything without the ECU??
Can any one enlighten me?
Is it worth anything to anyone?Is it useful without the ECU???
Or do i just throw it in the bin??

nick76
11-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Also,does anyone know whether the transponder in the key is matched to the ignition,ecu,or both??
Could i plug this ignition into another ecu,and start it with my key,or does the ecu have to be reprogrammed to this key/ignition??

Booster
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
ECU i think...

Mister.X
15-07-2010, 08:42 AM
There is a chip in the key that has to match up with the ecu. It is possible to use the ignition from the new front end you have,all you will have to do is switch chips with your old key. But then of course you will end up with 1 key for ignition and another key for petrol cap and rear seat.
Chances are the chip may have already been removed. Because a ecu with matching chips is worth good money! Something i have learnt the hard way :/
Let me know how it goes.

mattymagoo22
30-07-2010, 09:09 PM
When I worked with cars it was coding the key to the ecu (electrical)and the key was ordered to fit the ignition barrel.
I'll see if I can track down a guy that recodes keys for cars, as I know he is saving guys a ton of money instead of replacing ECU's etc. He may not be able to do anything with bikes but i figure its worth a try aye

RC36
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

Also,does anyone know whether the transponder in the key is matched to the ignition,ecu,or both??
Could i plug this ignition into another ecu,and start it with my key,or does the ecu have to be reprogrammed to this key/ignition??

There all are matched. Thats why HISS are a pain in the ass to copy or replace. Thats why you just cant change over a ecu or key set without taking it to honda for recoding. Thats why they say "NEVER LOSS YOUR RED KEY OR WE MAKE YOU PAY FOR IT".... [B)][B)]

If you realy want to bypass it, piss off the ecu and drop in a aftermaket one is the only real why i have see. But again still looking at about 1k for a good setup.......

Endlock
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
hey guys the hiss is a complex thing to get the key programmed unlike cars, most bikes dont have a OBD port to plug into and use a scan tool the only way is to remove the immo box and physically desolder the chips and either extract the info or reprogramme each chip. one little stuff up can destroy the chips and then your stuffed this is why it costs so much but its a whole lot cheaper than the dealer and thats why the dealers just replace the whole lot. i in Hallam VIC but we cover all areas and can do most bikes duplicating keys and making keys from scratch let me know if i can help out at all cheers

mattymagoo22
12-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Here's the number of the guy I was talking about, John-Automaster 97442055 he may not be able to do anything, give him a try though as he is meant to be the expert on all things electrical!

pt
13-08-2010, 09:29 PM
It costs $950 for a reason.... much better than the price the dealer will charge to replace the lot.

If it was cheap and easy it wouldnt be a very good security system would it? The gear to be able to do what these guys do is quite exxy, only trying to recover some of their costs