PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new - zzr1100 swingarm extension help

Badruss
01-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi, I haven't quite fightered my 1990 zzr1100, has a zx6r rear sub-frame, custom seat made by me, cosmetic changes to front guard, 4-1 exhaust etc, and paint (which I discovered I can't)the works a bit dodge in places but learnt lots and will give some of it another crack next holidays,as its my daily rider, ie carbon exhaust,2006 zx6r fairing blinkers, modern headlights and undertail, but really want to extend the swingarm by 4".
Can't afford to buy one from roaringtoyz etc so whats the best way to extend the original. Or extend and widen to a 240 would be even better. Can a bike wheel be widened? Any help greatly appreciated.Ta

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1278019944.jpg

Large
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi and welcome Russell,

The simplest way to extend a swingarm is fitting bolt on extensions that you can buy for about 300$...but you've got a bike with an eccentric adjuster so that wont work.

Can you find another swingarm off a later bike (ZX12?) to fit then add extensions?

As for widening, If you can't do it yourself you will pay a lot.

Badruss
01-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the reply, will have to investigate whether zx12 swingarm fits. I have seen a place in the states that will extend the original zx11/zzr1100 arm and add bracing quite cheap $350 ish untill postage etc wondering if I can get someone to cut and weld in a section locally. Unfortunately serving or country overseas till october and will have to wait till then. Just investigating options for now

Thanks again

RevHead
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
welcome aboard bro,