PDA

View Full Version : Time to make a noise and be counted.

Weaselman
28-06-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001201849208&v=info#!/profile.php?id=100001201849208

Some of you guys know and some of you dont.

This link will take you to my facebook page. Its a tool to protest against the scumbag insurence companys and the shithouse state government.
Join it. Have your say. And when the time is right join the rallys and lets stand up against all the shit we've had piled upon us in NSW

2ndclasscitizen
28-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Joined.

Weaselman
28-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks mate

RevHead
28-06-2010, 10:05 PM
on my way to join

hyofighter
29-06-2010, 12:01 AM
boris
29-06-2010, 07:43 AM
joined mate good job

LKC73
29-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Joined, also seen your video on Youtube mate! The insurance companies just want to make money back from the GFC, typical they hit the little guys in a long string of price gouging.
RTA should return it back to the old days as an all in one RTA payment.
But thats just my thoughts.

rock hard
29-06-2010, 06:06 PM
in mate

StuNVA
29-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Well you got me pumped up. This is a copy of the email I sent to Barry O'farrell.

Attn Barry O’Farrell.

The massive increases planned for 250cc motorcycle CTPs is likely to up the road toll, how you ask, well like all things in life we are all pawns of cause and effect.

It may sound feasible to increase the 250cc CTP insurance but what are the possible ramifications.

Ramifications.... a word NSW politics of recent years is basically unable to spell or define.

Well a 250cc rider is traditionally a younger person with lower income, maybe someone working hard on an apprenticeship trying to get ahead by saving a few bucks and owning a bike is helping him do that.
Every bike rider was a 250cc owner once, some even feel the need to stay riding a smaller cc engine bike because they are both economical and powered well for their skills and needs.

What if this young fellow starts thinking “if it is so expensive to own a small cc motorcycle why don’t I just step straight off a 250cc when the time comes and get a 750cc or a 1000cc bike, I only need to pay fractionally more”.

Now anyone with any bike or common sense will soon tell you that to step from a 250cc to a 1000cc is one very large step and often ends in misfortune.

So what then, do we see the price of the 1000cc bikes increase by 85% because all of a sudden there are more accidents in that cc range.

Let’s get real here, this is theft, the NSW gov is giving the nod to the insurance companies to get in my pocket for more than it has an equitable right to be when it comes to the new CTP levels on bikes.
The NSW gov is nothing more than the head of the pick pocket ring, the older thug that stands on the corner and whistles out instructions to the thieves lurking among us.

My insurance company already charges me the same to insure my $10k bike as my $40k car, I think that is a rip off but I can simply say no thanks and not insure my bike, it’s my choice.
The only choice I have with a CTP is who to buy it off and that is only going to vary by 10% or so.

I thought the whole idea of opening up CTP insurance to major insurers was to reduce the price of the CTP to the consumer but as per usual if the gov decides to sell or privatise something you can only assume that a consumer shafting is not far.

Whatever happened to bringing costs down by pooling, are the insurance companies looking at bikes as a single cost unit to their business, a small group of consumers that they are only working with because they are obligated too, are they singling out the motorcycle as a test case for other “general” insurance strategies.

I would hate not to be able to insure something I wanted to because it wasn’t a certain brand or type of good that would be like market manipulation. Don’t laugh I had to switch my house insurance because the type of alarm I installed wasn’t on the list that the NRMA had on their tick box application form, the fact the alarm was many times better than anything they listed was irrelevant.

Will this be the case with the motorcycles? Will the next step be CTP by brand and model, will a certain brand get charged more than another, who would be pulling the strings then Barry, not the gov that’s for sure, the door has already been left too far open for them to stop the strategists negotiating with the manufacturers.

I’m happy to see some averaging or pooling here to help the smaller bike riders and young fellows doing it tough get ahead in the only ways they can. I don’t want to see them struggle more, no one needs more debt than they have already.
The insurance companies need to work with the people and the gov need to work for the people, all the people, we don’t need the divide and conquer attitude that is so prevalent these days, what has happened to Australia.

I’m sending this to you Barry as I don’t think talking with the ruling party is worth the time and effort I have put into this letter and to be honest I would like to think that in a few months as Premier you can help right a few of their wrongs, don’t let us think you guys are just more of the same only in another coloured tee shirt.

Barry you need to make the media and the biking fraternity aware that you will not stand for these price hikes and as soon as you are Premier these ridiculous charges are returned to the already exuberant levels they are now, or less would be nice.

There may only be 200,000 bikes registered in NSW but we all have 10 friends and a family. Does it really need to come down to a good old fashion demonstration of frustration to open the eyes of the Keneally puppet show.

rod185651
29-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice one Stu, hopefully a few others are writing also. I'm still waiting for a single reply, I'm thinking of hand writing my letters also. See if that gets a better response.

rod185651
29-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Dear Mr Stoner,
I am writing to you to ask what is your policy on the increase to the amount motorcyclist pay for CTP. I am a motorcyclist for the following reasons: I am concerned of the carbon footprint we are leaving and the damage we are doing to the environment, by riding a motorcycle I only use 16 liters of fuel a week. Compared to a car the fuel consumption is less then half. I feel Sydney roads can not handle too much more traffic so I feel by riding a motorbike I am helping by lessening the congestion that cars cause especially during peak hours of driving to and from work. Also while I am on that subject, the damage motorcycles and scooters cause to roads is minimal compared to Trucks and Cars so why are motorcycles charged the same amount for Tolls?
I am afraid that decisions such as increasing the CTP for motorcycles is going to deter people from riding motorcycles and scooters which will lead to more people using cars as a primary means of transport leading to more congestion on our roads, and more damage to the environment .
I am sure you are aware that these are issues that have many motorcyclist concerned and we will be voting according to the support we receive on these issues.
Yours Sincerely
Rod

fimpBIKES
30-06-2010, 12:19 PM
will add a as a friend when i get home weasel

does anyone know how to sign up with the MCCofNSW? i looked on their website but cant find a link
im too far away to attend meetings and rallies etc, but would like to contribute somehow

renegade
30-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Added as a friend this morning and watch the youtube clip. I have to say I'm very impressed with what you are doing Weasel and my hat goes off to you.

If anyone here still reads Rapid the winning letter in this months "Inbox" was sent in by myself.
It has been edited quite a bit (which I expected because it was quite a long email) and unfortunately while I was still fuming about it so it comes across as a load of self-centred whining, but the point I was trying to get across is how unfeasibly expensive its starting to become to ride on two wheels. As far as as the CTP and rego goes I think Weasel has laid everything out perfectly, but on top of that we pay tax, tolls, fuel tax etc to ride on substandard roads and be fined for being in the one spot for too long.
Just the other day my older brother was fined $197 for parking his bike in a 50cm gap between one of those concrete garden beds that stick out into the road and make no sense, and a no standing sign. Obviously a no standing sign is a no standing sign, but apart from stopping people from parking on the garden bed, there is no real need for it to be there, and meanwhile my old supervisor was busted speeding in his Pontiac Firebird, and got away with an $85 fine. Tell me how those numbers make any sense.
</rant>

rod185651
30-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Just got a reply for Barry O'Farrel (Leader of the opposition)

Dear Rodney,
Thank you for your email regarding the increase in cost of CTP green slips in NSW.
From 1 July, nearly 500,000 riders in NSW will have to deal with new green slip charges.
Green slips and other extra taxes and charges that accompany insurance premiums have been a great source of revenue for cash-strapped NSW Labor Government.
When Labor increased the green slip levy as a result of the addition of the Medical Care and Injury Services [MCIS] Levy in 2006, Morris Iemma said it would cost members of the community only $20. It is now running as high as 50% of CTP premiums.
In 2010-11, the NSW Government’s Motor Accident Authority has a projected deficit of $18.2 million. This deficit is why you will pay more for your green slip levy from 1 July.
From our understanding, the increases in CTP green slips for motorcycles will be more than 85 % in some cases. This will cost you up to $470 a year.
Kristina Keneally’s Labor Government’s vision for our roads network involves more fines, more taxes and higher premiums but no new roads.
Motorists and riders are already being hit with higher tolls, rising power and water costs and other cost of living pressures. These increases in CTP green slip charges will certainly not help.
The NSW Liberals & Nationals understand your frustration and are investigating alternatives to this unreasonable price hike in close consultation with the Motorcycle Council of NSW. I will continue to keep you updated.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to me.
Barry

Barry O'Farrell MP
NSW Leader of the Opposition
(P) 02 9230 2270
(F) 02 9221 8208

StuNVA
30-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Gee I missed the bit where he says "if elected I will withdraw this new increase".........

Large
30-06-2010, 05:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

Gee I missed the bit where he says "if elected I will withdraw this new increase".........

exactly.

The libs (if elected) will need every cent to dig them selves out of the budget black hole left by kk and crew so don't expect any savings.