PDA

View Full Version : Question to the painters

zx12argh
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Trying to work out colour schemes for the 12r and wondering something.

If I take a gunmetal grey like this

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/321827875962.JPG

and drop a blue pearl satin finish over it - in your opinion will it work or just look like shit.

I'm going for a subtle shading effect like on those blue z750s and I understand they have a gold pearl to achieve this effect.

shift1313
09-02-2007, 10:58 AM
im not sure how the satin will work out. What about laying the grey down, then using a tinted clear for a couple coats?

chopaweeza
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
There was a CB1100 running around Liverpool about 5 years ago with a similar paintjob . It was strange to say the least and very destinctive. The bloke did it himself and did each panel on a different day so none of the panels had the same tint. With the same all over tint it would have been a very nice looking paintjob. From memory he was using a House of Color Pearl Blue over a Dulux Auto Paint Gunmetal grey with the lettering in gunmetal.

zx12argh
09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for your input folks but I'm not allowed to paint the bike in gunmetal anymore - my mates missus just bought a bike to fighter and we told each other at the same time that we were going to paint our bikes gunmetal.

Needless to say after a best of three rocks paper scissor stone - I cant paint the bike gunmetal.

I think I'm going to go back to black gloss with blue pearl over and gunmetal lettering/decals.