PDA

View Full Version : Bike Transport

ozpete01
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Has any one had anything to do with a transport company called "bikesonly" am moving to melbourne soon and was put onto them by the guys doing the freight for the rest of my gear, just want to know what they like before i trust my baby to them?

ozkat
08-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Ive dealt with "bikes only" a couple of times, bringing bikes up from Melbourne. Ive had no problems at all with them and most important never any damage. In fact i have a bike coming up to QLD from Melb next week with them.

ozpete01
08-02-2007, 02:54 PM
ta ozkat, always nice to hear good feedback before doing stuff, what are their prices like?

suxukifreak
08-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey Shaynne, by any chance is that bike coming up in a crate?
This guy in Perth thats buying my Kat want to know if i can crate it.

ozkat
08-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry des no crate, but if you want 1 i can get 1 for you.

jakam04
08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately I havent been so lucky with them. Ive had two bikes transported with them and wont be doing any more business with them as Id rather buy a trailor and move my bikes with me when I move.

I had my ZZR1100 moved from brisbane to Darwin and when it got there, there were a few things damamged. Screen edge broken off, mirrors scratched to crap and a few rub and abrasion marks...

Defence only uses them as they are cheaper than everyone else by about $300, so if i want someone else to transport my bikes, I have to foot the $300 myself.

Jarrod

Fiend
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
ozpete01 I've had a bike freighted from Brisbane to my door in Warrnambool (country victoria) with Bikesonly and I was really impressed by them and their service. Bikes are run in, 3 wide in their own tracks, then tied down using the bars and also across the seat.

But another company is:-

www.motorcyclelogistics.com

which I have never used but have heard they are good.

I hope this helps....

TurboKat
08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I've used Fergusson Racing & M/C Logistics before to send bikes interstate, I can only tell you that from my end they both took lots of care with strapping the bikes down & making sure they wouldn't move or get damaged.
Forgusson's had the bikes on an open trailer & M/C.L had it inside a BIG Transit style van.
I'd use M/C.L myself 'coz when Krusty from Fergussons picked my bike up, he bored me stupid telling me how fucking good he was - the lad has serious tickets on himself. [V]

nelpd96
09-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I used Motorcycle logistics to get the Daytona from Sydney to Townsville. They were a couple of hundred cheaper than bikes only. The silly thing is when the truck rocked up it was a Bikes only Truck. It turns out the Rob from Motorcycle logistics only does the Melbourne area and Bikes only look after all his other stuff. I was happy with the service though.

Cheers
Paul

ozpete01
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
thanks for the info guys , i will check em out and let all know the outcome, if the pig gets scratched some bastard gonna get hurt

cutcat
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself.