PDA

View Full Version : GP at the Island This year ! 15/10/10

Redmohawk
21-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok I know it early but the way Ticket sales go for camping at the gp I usally look at buying my ticket/s around this time each year. So I thought I might put up a posting to see who's planning on going/camping.

This time I think I'm bringing a lady friend or two with me and Being that the sphincter police at the GP wont let us ride around like at the supers and I have a pair of madens to look after I might bring burtha and put her up on Highside, But if the usual crowd are going to do the ASF campsite deal again I'll put a tent up there for drunken orgys etc (more like cant be fucked going back to Burtha as I'm to pissed) Burtha has a spare fridge and battery/solar system thats modular so i can pull some of it out and set it up at the trackside camp with a "little" stereo for our amusment. So we would have a limited 240 volt supply (phone chargers light etc maybe darth vaders breathing aparatus for when he's sleeping etc) a fridge and tunes to drown out the other peeps crap etc.

And I might even knock up a pair of electric powered pushbikes to get around on (because I'm a fat lazy fucker) that the sphincter police will prob leave alone, one might be a tandam and the other i was thinking quad BMX with enough power for a monster burnout sat night.

Please feel free to post your plans for the second best party at the Island every year here! (First being the Superbikes due to the more relaxed attitude of said sphincter police)

Gsxar
21-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Highside campling ummmm how can I put this niceley sucks ;) tried it for comfort reasons last year but have decided trackside is the only place to be[:p]
Beware of the push bikes, they tried to take our tandom cause push bikes are dangerous dont u know!!

Mishdog20
21-06-2010, 04:28 PM
quote:maybe darth vaders breathing aparatus for when he's sleeping etc

Bahahahaha Fucking Lol, Sorry Jup but that thing scared the shit out of me when i was half cut, it looked like it was tryin to eat ya face, lol.:D

Redmohawk
21-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah I've been in both campgrounds before JoJo was thinking of puting Burtha up there on one ladys camp ticket (seeing as I'm paying for all 3 lol) and the other two I'll pay for trackside so I have the best of both worlds (one good thing about highside is it's quietish lol) Just made a tandam bike thinking a 4 wheeler version of a Bmx with a 2 horsepower electric motor hiding in it (Honnast its legal on the road lol) should do a great burnout sat night hmmmmm, best part is it will be almost silent so the sphincter police cant hear the burnout lol Better bring some spare tyres haha

Bob
22-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Me and the wife are rideing down this year and will be out there on the sunday I think we leave queensland on the 8th of october.

Redmohawk
22-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Top shit Bob thats commitment !

USH
22-06-2010, 06:45 PM
If I wasn't on my honeymoon i'd be there this year, was trackside last year with my old man, took him for his 50th and a 20year pilgramidge (he went to the first Phillip Island in 89) spittin chips that it turns out I won't beable to make it this year, i'm already chompin for 2011.

Ush

Redmohawk
22-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Just tell her your taking her to an Island paridise for your honey moon lol

timbo
22-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I will be there as usual

latheboy
22-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Yep

Jup
23-06-2010, 04:56 AM
I want to get one that looks like this to really freak people out:

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1277248367.jpg

As for the race: Not this one sorry, so you're all "Darth Vader" free :D (But thanks heaps for the offer)

Redmohawk
23-06-2010, 09:31 AM
HaHaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr Jup thats all fucked up lol I love the idea might be a little more distracting that the standard unit to sleep with though.

Crutchie
23-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I hear a little rumour it may or may not be someones birthday come GP time!! Will there be cake and party hats in Timtopia??? :D

Redmohawk
23-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Hmmmmm interesting, just another reason to get pissed that weekend lol

timbo
23-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Maybe, maybe not but there will deferentially be beer involved

wackyrider
23-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I'll do my best to be there this year

USH
23-06-2010, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Just tell her your taking her to an Island paridise for your honey moon lol

Yeh i tried that, didn't work too well... lol

Ush

scotty
24-06-2010, 03:12 PM
forget any idea of pushy/transport. It will remain stuck in your camp site. Thou the tandem time trials were fun, dunno why there was only 1 heat?

latheboy
24-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Your ignoring me scotty :(.... why for?

Redmohawk
24-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Sux eh

Well i have a toy coming that I think you will all approve of even if it never leaves camp it will do a great burnout lol

scotty
26-06-2010, 10:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Your ignoring me scotty :(.... why for?
who in the what now

latheboy
26-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I've tried to call you and sent you a text about a motor...
Do you still want it, i need it gone.....

Bob
20-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Tickets are booked so we will definatly be there.

watkins
26-08-2010, 05:58 AM
I should get around to buying tickets hmmmm. I won't get smashed and throw you over the fence again gsxar or fail miserably at a burnout...

The Mad One
27-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I`ll be there in town with a house & some selected loons [^] wont be riding as i been a bad boy :( gett`n there on fridy with 'Loz' :D see ya in russia or there abouts & this time I`m not holding back [:0]

Redmohawk
31-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Well its seems due to unforseen cercumstances I wont be taking burtha the the gp this year and no planned other people. So have decided to finish off the traler for betty so I can take a pillion if needed and dont have to lug a backpack etc. Will be fitting a solar pannel off burtha to the traler and pop a sealed lead acid battery in there to power some tunes and a little light for camp.

BossMan
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
just booked my tickets today will be camping at trackside as usaual all i have to do now all i gotta do is figure out where you mad bastards are camped and crash the party

BossMan
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
just booked my ticket today will be driving down so if any of you need a lift let me know. im going to make an effort this year to find you lot. camping with family as usual but will track yous down.

Redmohawk
07-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Think the plan is for the same spot as usual if we can ? Top of the go cart track not far from the gate to the concrete pad/band area gate.

MONO
07-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Caryn and myself are riding down, leaving the monday before see you all there.....

BossMan
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
thanks red if i cant find you all or if camp has moved i will look for ASF patches at the bar

toastie
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I like trackside, giggle a min when the boys fire up, I went last year but didn't stay for sunday. Some asshole in Nowa Nowa tried to rob me after drugging me, then must of got the shock of his life when i got the shits on (not that I can remember much of what happened) So I ended up with a Glass in my Face! Still trying to remember what happened but I was the last man standing at the Bar and the returaunt was a mess (apparently)maybe I smacked him, maybe I didn't but it really Fucked up a 2 week trip.

The owners didn't call an ambo or the cops, The cops at the Island recon I should have persued it but I really can't be bothered (just makes me prettier n all..LOL)

Anyhows, I suggest all Island travelers avoid the place

Redmohawk
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Not sure what the go is , and who has it (Might be Gsxar) but there will be a ASF banner up at camp I'm sure And the bikes will all be parked in camp so shouldnt be to hard to spot. If I get my ass into gear there will be a tent with a 80 watt solar pannel and a mini windmill up to power some of the fun at night. The wind mill should make it easy to find the camp it will be matt black and about 12 feet above camp with a knuckel duster made of clear plastic that lights up red when the wind is blowing (if its finished in time lol)

I have a few little projects on the go for the camp to make things a little more fun at night, there will be a limited supply of Margaretas mixed in a very different blender if its finished in time.

TurboKat
09-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I must be getting old or something... Is it just me or is ASF turning into a fucking circus?
The original ASF vibe was a bunch of half a dozen or so easy going, laid back STREETFIGHTER owners/builders camped together, getting hammered, talking shit about bikes, racing, general motorcycle related stuff & having a good time in each others company.
The odd Stones bomb was let off, a nude skid was pulled here & there, tyres were regularly smoked, officials furniture was more favourably relocated, we fell over once or twice when our shit got all fucked up & the campsite generally turned into a STREETFIGHTER show & shine.
I guess we've been doing it right in the eyes of the general population because lately we have attracted quite a few hangers-on who have no interest in custom bikes but seem hell bent on being a part of the ASF cool.
Over the years the hardcore GP/WSBK ASF membership group has increased favourably as more STREETFIGHTER builders & operators have been welcomed to the tribe - note the use of the word welcomed - the core ASF group (and you all know who you are) have had an unspoken rule of discouraging dickheads and it seems like the time has come to turn that rule into ASF law.
I'm sure I speak for the core group when I say that just because you've camped with us once, it doesn't mean you're welcome back - please think about whether this applies to you.
ASF has earned a good reputation in the campground because we're not fuckwits, I, for one, would like to see it stay that way.
So, if you have no interest in STREETFIGHTERS other than wanting to be seen hanging around with the people that do or if you're a dickhead who can't hold your piss or your tongue or if you want to get off your face & run around acting like a 16 year old harrassing everybody who walks past, maybe you should get yourself a Hawaiian shirt or buy a Laverda & go & weasel your way into someone elses campsite & try to be their mate.

Redmohawk
09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
You calling me a wanna be Turbo ? If so You'd be right lol

I also have a ok rep at the campsite (I think ) As Have not been told otherwise in the years past. As far as being a fuckwit Highly likely, But am open to critisisum as long as your open to it to!

TurboKat
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Not directed at anyone in paricular Red, however windmills, glow in the dark knuckledusters & margherita machines are not what the ASF P.I. camp is about.

Redmohawk
09-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I get your drift mate but wait and see , dont pass judgement till to see the result. Isnt ment to be a big statement just a little fun and unabtrusive. Once you've seen it if you dont like it by all means please come to the front of the line marked people that think reds a nutjob and tell me your concerns, and i will remedy the situation to your satifaction if so possable.

Gsxar
09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Okay properly shouldn’t but I’m gonna jump in on the topic to.

I understand everything Turbo is saying, and agree, unless you have actually camped with the regular Vic crew I guess it may seem harsh.
For the last 4 or so years it’s basically been the same crew to camp every year – this has come about by a common interest…… Streetfighters and heavily modified bikes or people with plans to do the former with their rides. I don’t feel it’s just the island, but the focus of SF seems to be changing from what it was.

I love going to both the GP & Supers and consider myself a long term ASF camper, but I still check every year that its cool I come and camp. It’s a trip for ME to enjoy myself, and it’s meant to be about BIKES!!!Not be annoyed by knob's, very selfish I know, but this year I haven’t felt that unity for the GP and have been struggling with the idea of staying with other friends to avoid the whole camping issue.

To have more people in ASF T-shirts ask who’s girlfriend I am is a bloody insult – REAL riders don’t assume a female is on the back of someone!!, Then to look at the line of ASF bikes covered in plastic that have been just taken out of the shed the special occasion. Maybe we should change the name to Asfnetriders

The same members (Not me) go to a HUGE amount of trouble year after year so many of us can camp and enjoy ourselves every year, the camp site has no official ASF sanction I know of, we camp together cause we enjoy it, it just seems respectful that people who would like to arrange to camp with a group would check, not just assume their welcome, ask… What can I bring, how I can help……. Or is there is even a camp site arranged, who’s getting there early to save it etc etc ???? Good questions me thinks
Maybe I am just really old school!

latheboy
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

windmills, glow in the dark knuckledusters & margherita machines

Sounds a bit ghey to me red, but I don't get a say this year.
I wont be camping and will hopefully make it for race day.

No wheels and no cash[V]

Redmohawk
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
What going on there ivan? Bugger! I thought the margaritas might be right up you alley mate. Yeah I hear you jojo Was why i started the thread in the first place, Didn't mean to step on toes lol maybe I should be in the corner sulking ?

TurboKat
09-09-2010, 02:47 PM

I get your drift mate but wait and see , dont pass judgement till to see the result. Isnt ment to be a big statement just a little fun and unabtrusive. Once you've seen it if you dont like it by all means please come to the front of the line marked people that think reds a nutjob and tell me your concerns, and i will remedy the situation to your satifaction if so possable.

You're missing the point mate, you don't just slide into other people's shit & start doing as you please, that's a sure fire way to get told to fuck right off.
You seem like a decent sort of bloke to me but Vic ASF is the same as anything in life, you have to earn your stripes before you become accepted & respected, trying to turn [u]our</u> campsite into a fairground attraction on your first visit will not get you a tick, take things slowly & have a bit of respect for the established order & you'll be right as rain.

Redmohawk
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Point taken Thanks for the input .

Gsxar
09-09-2010, 06:00 PM

You calling me a wanna be Turbo ? If so You'd be right lol

I also have a ok rep at the campsite (I think ) As Have not been told otherwise in the years past. As far as being a fuckwit Highly likely, But am open to critisisum as long as your open to it to!

I remember meeting you for the 1st time this year at the supers have you camped with ASF before? Or I have I just forgotten? If so I have very bad manners :D

Large
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Can I come?

I'm planning to bring 16 ASF smoking jackets in all of Bill Collins' favourite colours and a mariachi band made up of small coloured fellows.

Shouldn't be tooo obtrusive[:p]

TurboKat
09-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I love the way your mind works Rich. :D

Redmohawk
10-09-2010, 09:42 AM
JoJo I've been at both the supers and GP for years but last year was my introduction to the ASF crew supers this year will be My first birthday. (when I said camp site I was refering to the area in general not the ASF regulars spot sorry for the confusion, should have been more specific)

I was more tupperware on the bike sort, although I have always had a naked of some description in the shed last on was an XS1100. I usally camp down the far end of trackside with ferrals. Your manners are fine, mine on the other hand.

The Mad One
13-09-2010, 05:22 PM
TK i`m hoping that just because i haven`t been a serial member on this site that some of the tirade is aimed at me ;)[}:)] most of you pplz on this site over the years have in some way understood what my point has been & it is certainly what you are eluding to TK.I dont camp kooz my body just wont take it [xx(] i drink margaritas kooz they get me pissed & i ride a wog bike kooz its a challenge [^] i`m not building anymore kooz i`m buzy racing [^] if any of what you have said before is aimed at me [8] tuff titty [:X] i`ll se you there anyway ;) I dont have to camp to be kool[:o)] in fact I enjoy the mexicants company :D

KATO ZX7
13-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Eat shit.
I wont be there.

watkins
13-09-2010, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Eat shit.
I wont be there.

no you.

tickets this week for me when i get paid, sorry but no klr mud slides this year planning on bringing the triumph if it's welcome! can't fucking wait but i need a wider swag this time!

promise not to break your leg Jo

scotty
14-09-2010, 08:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Can I come?

I'm planning to bring 16 ASF smoking jackets in all of Bill Collins' favourite colours and a mariachi band made up of small coloured fellows.

Shouldn't be tooo obtrusive[:p]
I can play the harmanica and walk on my knees, but i draw the line @ body paint. I may ride the gold wing down this year so's i dont haffta carry the esky again

Loads
14-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Jodie myself and the invisi swag won't be camping at the GP, but will do the same thing that we always do, visit and buy a slab and drink with the guys that we ride with. Not that I have done that at all this year (been overseas)

traviss
14-09-2010, 09:03 PM

I must be getting old or something... Is it just me or is ASF turning into a fucking circus?
The original ASF vibe was a bunch of half a dozen or so easy going, laid back STREETFIGHTER owners/builders camped together, getting hammered, talking shit about bikes, racing, general motorcycle related stuff & having a good time in each others company.
The odd Stones bomb was let off, a nude skid was pulled here & there, tyres were regularly smoked, officials furniture was more favourably relocated, we fell over once or twice when our shit got all fucked up & the campsite generally turned into a STREETFIGHTER show & shine.
I guess we've been doing it right in the eyes of the general population because lately we have attracted quite a few hangers-on who have no interest in custom bikes but seem hell bent on being a part of the ASF cool.
Over the years the hardcore GP/WSBK ASF membership group has increased favourably as more STREETFIGHTER builders & operators have been welcomed to the tribe - note the use of the word welcomed - the core ASF group (and you all know who you are) have had an unspoken rule of discouraging dickheads and it seems like the time has come to turn that rule into ASF law.
I'm sure I speak for the core group when I say that just because you've camped with us once, it doesn't mean you're welcome back - please think about whether this applies to you.
ASF has earned a good reputation in the campground because we're not fuckwits, I, for one, would like to see it stay that way.
So, if you have no interest in STREETFIGHTERS other than wanting to be seen hanging around with the people that do or if you're a dickhead who can't hold your piss or your tongue or if you want to get off your face & run around acting like a 16 year old harrassing everybody who walks past, maybe you should get yourself a Hawaiian shirt or buy a Laverda & go & weasel your way into someone elses campsite & try to be their mate.

Dont send them to us (hawiian T shirt)DEAL WITH THEM YOUR F#*ken selfs,we all get tossers from time to time INCLUDING you guys ,I remember a few of your blow'ins stealing our wood and getting caught..And I dont think the Laverda guys want ur tosser's either..
Either do the guys with the truck brake drums "The Butane boy's" ,Yep your tossers stole wood off them too ,and they were stupid enough to put the pic's on here for all to see the bits of stair wood that only they bring..Yes Turbokat we do all know each other and have camped PI for every motogp held there..
Blow'in come and go learn to deal with it ..It was only 8 years ago that you had no flag, a couple of rat gsxr's and most of you lived in Moe or Morrwell..You grew and got blowins ,it happens deal with them at the island sunday with a dont bother camping with us again your a dick head...works for us..
See ya there ..
PS there cracking down on everything this year ,Cops and Dogs esky searches and twice as many security ,so dont smuggle VB in or you will get a fine(500) and maybe kicked out (warning to regulars that know the rules) and if you use drugs good fuken luck with that sniff sniff BARK BARK ,bustarded

TurboKat
17-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Travis, I can guarantee that no ASF member has ever stolen wood from anybody, we bring a trailer full every year & cunts steal it from us !
I hear the Extra Coppers/Security/Sniffer dogs/Random camp searches stories every year, it's never eventuated because to their credit, the organisers seem to have an 'If it's not broken, don't fix it' attitude.

Mundy - not directed at you at all but you are definately a poof for riding a wogmobile.

Also in late braking news; The possibility of a Large surprise & maybe even a CR 250 for those urgent trips to the shitter or bar ;)

Large
17-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe youse should drill out a few "special" logs and fill with explosive.

Mishdog20
17-09-2010, 03:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Maybe youse should drill out a few "special" logs and fill with explosive.

You really do have to much fucking time on your hands Large..:D[:p]

traviss
18-09-2010, 07:26 PM

Travis,
I hear the Extra Coppers/Security/Sniffer dogs/Random camp searches stories every year, it's never eventuated because to their credit, the organisers seem to have an 'If it's not broken, don't fix it' attitude.

Also in late braking news; The possibility of a Large surprise & maybe even a CR 250 for those urgent trips to the shitter or bar ;)

I have too ..but they tested the new security measures at the super bikes and if thats anything to go on ,we will be up to our eyeballs in them..I hope not ..
Still they are cracking down this year on smuggled booze and unregistered machines and a big crack down on fire works,mac bombs ,butanes etc..A few too many VB cans around the campsite last year and Boags want stricter rules..
Our entertainment will be very low key this year..

watkins
19-09-2010, 09:14 PM
fuckin politics,
is my girlfriend welcome?

BossMan
20-09-2010, 04:17 PM
i wouldnt worry to much about the extra security measures. most of the forign guards are way to scared of us biker types and i personally know a large number of the guys who will be working the camp area. their big plan is to sit near a fire and take it easy.

Gsxar
20-09-2010, 05:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by watkins

fuckin politics,
is my girlfriend welcome?

Leigh you know what I said yesterday was in no way political. In previous years people have asked to bring under 18 years olds and been told no kids. As I also said far as I know you can buy your ticket camp & do what you like where you like, just like we all can;)

scotty
21-09-2010, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by watkins

fuckin my girlfriend.
politics is welcome?

watkins
21-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Hahaha

scotty
21-09-2010, 08:43 AM
:D

MONO
09-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Caryn an I are leaving from Brisbane Monday, hope to catch up with you all see you down there

scotty
12-10-2010, 06:19 AM
not camping. Staying @ the ''siberia'' beach house and only @ the track sunday, i'm driving the BC trailer down on wensdy if any one need stuff tacken get it to me today!!!!

Booster
12-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Looks like the wet weather gear is going to get used again :(

Gsxar
12-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Travel Safe everybody :D;) Heading off tomorrow to do the Barry Sheene ride & dinner first ;)

KATO ZX7
12-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Same here people, take your mate to spoon, its gonna get cold :D

Booster
12-10-2010, 09:32 PM
All packed, leaving in the morn over Hotham to Gippy , hope the snow holds off till after we pass.
Not going to be a boring ride ;)

Large
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry, I'm out.

Heading inland to ride the CR and hopefully blow a coupla things up

pt
12-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Well i'll be there, probably as some frozen arse ice cube. Couldnt afford to go but going for "free" as a marshall worked out OK.

scotty
13-10-2010, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

All packed, leaving in the morn over Hotham to Gippy , hope the snow holds off till after we pass.
Not going to be a boring ride ;)
make sure you stop @ the Myrtleford Butterfactroy for a cuppa and say hi to my mum..............

Redmohawk
13-10-2010, 08:19 AM
FUCK , Now has to work sunday 6am start ! Might be finished in time to ride down for the race just.

chopiesel
13-10-2010, 05:56 PM
where abouts you all gona be hanging out during the day?

ill most likely be parking my ass on the concrete pad at turn 1

sharky
13-10-2010, 07:08 PM
quote:Heading inland to ride the CR and hopefully blow a coupla things up
Going with Exben ?

chopiesel
13-10-2010, 07:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:Heading inland to ride the CR and hopefully blow a coupla things up
Going with Exben ?

ZIINNGGGG

timbo
13-10-2010, 07:18 PM
[quote]Originally posted by chopiesel

where abouts you all gona be hanging out during the day?

Siberia is the normal hang out

Booster
18-10-2010, 03:21 PM
And Siberia it was :)

latheboy
18-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Your back with no pictures?

Poor form Greg;)

Booster
18-10-2010, 06:25 PM
No hard evidence ....... my body made it back but i think my head is still catching up ,tried doing some work but it wasn't realy happening so its beer o clock.....

BossMan
18-10-2010, 07:34 PM
hope everyone made it home safe. specially the boys from brisbane that camped behind me.

Gsxar
19-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Tops few days from the parts I remember :D Security banned photo's this year so there is no proof, nothing happened promise officer ;)[:p]

Booster
19-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Lucky to have good security :)