PDA

View Full Version : power comander3 ???

ALBI
17-06-2010, 09:59 PM
hey guys i just got a qoute of $850 fitted and dyno tuned for a pc3 for my tl1000s .
this is the first efi bike ive owned and ive always had dyna s ignition,ive run him down on the probs with mine ie;high fuel consumption try 107 klms to a tank being 13 lt!!
ive done the majour service, pulling injectors tomorrow to get cleaned"and yes i know dirty inj dont cause this prob , but it is preventative mantenance,shim adjustment aswell. now mine is an 97 model and dont have an o2 sensor so all that controls the efi enrichment is 1/ TPS throdle positoin sensor
2/ AAT ambiant air temp
3/ ects engine coolant temp sensor
and thanks to GITZY who gave me the TL manuel i can only wait on my mutimeter to come back from OTC so i can test the sensors and then re-cal the TPS,and then and only then will he fit the PC3 once i get it running correctly,
who has fitted a PC 3 to their bike and what was the difference???

Booster
17-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Many tuners will have a suzuki or yosh box that recalibrates the std suzuki ecu's,, not many mapping points compared to a powercommander but can get them running pretty good without the same expense .

going through your cam clearances is good , new plugs, and flow test the fuel system, (old pumps and filters can give all sorts of probs on older efi bikes),externally power the pump and check flow after the regulator , if the tl is anything like the gixxer of the era just put the return line into a bucket and measure how much fuel you can pump in 1 min , aim for better than 5cc/hp

also when you pull the injectors, and they still have some fuel in the top turn them, upside down and tap them on a piece of white paper, the amount of crap you see will be a good indicator of the general condition of the fuel system

rod185651
17-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I paid $120 for mine second hand of ebay. The reason I got it was my gsxr 600 felt a little sluggish and had a few flat spots on acceleration and the idle was a little rough due to (I Think) the K&N filter and yoshi pipe. After I loaded the recommended map of their website and installed the PC 3 the bike is now running heaps better with smooth acceleration and no flat spots.

bluemk1
17-06-2010, 11:35 PM
$850?!

sounds like a sydney dyno price [:0]

buy one from doin bikes and fit it yourself, if you can turn a spanner and use a screwdriver you will have it running in less than 2 hours so you will save yourself cash on installation then take it back to trev and he will charge you considerably less to put a map on it and having running sweet [8D]

even if trev fits it up for you im sure it wouldnt cost you 8 fucking 50

Gitzy
18-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Woo Hoo I contributed.. ;) good luck with the tune dude..

lurch
18-06-2010, 08:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

buy one from doin bikes and fit it yourself

^^Do this, they are a piece of piss to fit. Come with instructions that include pics. I got one a few months ago from http://www.superbikesupply.com.au/eng/showpage.php3?id=2193, they had the cheapest price in Oz at the time and I think they still do ($430 incl postage)

Beaza
18-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Albi. i'm running the pc2 on my TLS, and they do make shitloads of difference. Great mixture adjustability right thru the rev range, with capacity to upload custom maps from dynotune website to suit mods on your bike - exh system, filter, airbox mod, etc. Plus you can manually adjust the fuel/air mixtures yourself. Will vertually eliminate the good old TL 'stumbles' around the 3k rpm mark too.
Try a 'wanted to buy' over at TLZone.net - they quite often pop up for sale cheap.

Large
18-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I had a pcII on ther spondon, but couldn't get it tuned at motorcycle weaponry because they couldn't get it to talk to the pc

They quoted I think 400 for a pcIII plus 360 to fit and tune it. I got the pcIII fitted it myself- it really is easy- and they tuned it for $240.

They can tune each cylinder If they can fit the exhaust sensor up each pipe for another $120 extra.

*Disclaimer -all these prices were about 10 months ago*

fimpBIKES
18-06-2010, 12:24 PM
hey, jump onto tlzone and check if the tuning box for the tlr works on the tls
there was a guy making them and calling them "makbox"'s (yosh-box copies)

i have one, and from what i hear you were offering beer a while back :)
would be happy to lend you mine for a few weeks

i have some free time tomorrow, could swing buy
was looking for an excuse for a ride anyways

fimpBIKES
18-06-2010, 12:30 PM
hey, this is where i got it from

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1787
there are base settings on there too, SWEET!

im keen to come try it out on your bike if it only takes half an hour or so
let me know, i'll email you my phone number

ALBI
18-06-2010, 08:39 PM
cool fimpy ! cant do tomoz just put my hand up for ot at work on sat!!
yeh mate beer was on offer aswell ! do you drink jim beam,conyack or chivas?
have plenty of that ,i love them all hmmmm time for some jimmy actualy!!
would love to fit it and see wat she does.
oh you can ignore my email i just sent to , now that ive this post "makbok" makes sence ill call you tomoz mate.

Booster
18-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I had a macbox for a while, same as the suzuki factory retuner or yosh box, great for simple setup ,
How i found this site actually, linked to veetwo tls post
Few mods you can do to these boxes to make the tune points infinitely variable instead of x given points , just need a variable resistor instead of the multiple resistors & switch to select which one (rpm range) your adjusting

ALBI
19-06-2010, 05:29 AM
yeh bluemk i can turn a spanner been a mech for 20 yrs,then again i know 50 yr old mech that arnt worth shit

bluemk1
20-06-2010, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by ALBI

yeh bluemk i can turn a spanner been a mech for 20 yrs,then again i know 50 yr old mech that arnt worth shit

so is it done yet? :D

ALBI
20-06-2010, 05:59 PM
not yet bluey ! im a mech mate not a magican!
had to work sat and sunday.
but that $850 price was from the dyno dude at raymond terreace !! he has a dynojet dyno actually he just fitted a aprilla pc3 to a buell !!