PDA

View Full Version : Bar Ends

Beaza
17-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Guys, my TLS fighter had solid end/screw in bar end weights on the stock clip ons - ideal for mounting bar end mirrors on, like rizomas which slide over the bar end weight and tighten.
On my TLR though (which isnt fightered....yet!) the clip ons are open ended, so you have to use bar end weights which tighten the internal rubber bung! Mount ya rizomas on these bar ends and the pieces of shit have a regular tendancy to adjust themselves all over the fukin place, constantly - ya just cant tighten the bar ends enough to stop the mirrors rotating! Anyone know where i can get some quality end weights with like a metalic internal doovy which wont 'let go' once tightened? Fuk, this seems like a long bloody way around a small problem.

robmac
17-06-2010, 03:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Beaza

Guys, my TLS fighter had solid end/screw in bar end weights on the stock clip ons - ideal for mounting bar end mirrors on, like rizomas which slide over the bar end weight and tighten.
On my TLR though (which isnt fightered....yet!) the clip ons are open ended, so you have to use bar end weights which tighten the internal rubber bung! Mount ya rizomas on these bar ends and the pieces of shit have a regular tendancy to adjust themselves all over the fukin place, constantly - ya just cant tighten the bar ends enough to stop the mirrors rotating! Anyone know where i can get some quality end weights with like a metalic internal doovy which wont 'let go' once tightened? Fuk, this seems like a long bloody way around a small problem.

Pretty sure the Oberon one's have a decent locking device.

Snaffler
17-06-2010, 03:07 PM
you can do 1 or 2 other things if you wanted to.

1- make some alloy tapered bungs with a threaded hole to press in.

2- chop up your broom stick and press in the ends of your bars..

both work well, but go option one if u can.

Beaza
17-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Didnt even think of that Snaffler.
Will give it a crack.

lurch
17-06-2010, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by robmac

Pretty sure the Oberon one's have a decent locking device.

Yup, mine don't budge

Snaffler
17-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Didnt even think of that Snaffler.
Will give it a crack.

your welcome dude..

robmac
17-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Or some harder rubber does the trick too. (Which is what I did but forgot to mention)

wackyrider
17-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Don't bother with the oberon ones. I got a pair of e-bay from the states. Cost me less than $80 delivered for a pair. They don't move at all and are easily adjustable. If you're interested i can post a pic and try to find the link

Beaza
18-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks Wacky, but i aint after mirrors, i'm after good bar ends. I have rizoma bar end mirrors and want to use them but just need good ends that wont move/rotate!

nick76
18-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Im interested in the mirrors Wacky,so post up pics and linky!!
What are these Oberon ones that you guys are talking about??

Beaza
18-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Do a search on ebay Nick - they will come up there

Zooks
19-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I use Halcyon bar end mirrors on my bikes. http://www.motociclo.com.au/webpictures/bikeaccess/halcyon_full/barend_rnd.jpg

They are expensive but they are 100% high quality stainless and they go into the ends of the bars like end weights. They [u]never</u> move. Instead of end weights I always use a small handful of lead shot inside a condom (or finger off a rubber glove). Just tie up the end, smother it with silastic and poke it in the end of the bar. Eliminates 100% of 'buzz'. I bought a big bag of lead shot for a fraction of the cost of 1 pair of end weights and I have enough to do about 10 bikes.

wackyrider
20-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Thanks Wacky, but i aint after mirrors, i'm after good bar ends. I have rizoma bar end mirrors and want to use them but just need good ends that wont move/rotate!

Hey mate, sorry was away for the weekend. These are the ones I have and they are the best I have had as yet. I have tried another couple of sets before and the finish was poor and they were a bitch to set-up. These have a sort of teflon bush which means u can move the mirror without having to loosen anything off. And I get no vibration at all through them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bar-End-Mirrors-Suzuki-SV-Exclusive-Folding-Design-6061-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483924ea81QQitemZ31019 6365953QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

wackyrider
20-06-2010, 05:02 PM
A short video of them from their site

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/rspeedjoe/?action=view&current=CIMG1097.flv

Beaza
21-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys.