PDA

View Full Version : Confessions...

madmaxman1986
08-02-2007, 03:44 AM
I have to tell you guys something, but I bet I'm not the only one that's done it.

Last night I put all my bike gear on.

The jacket, webb belt, surplus pants, gloves, bandit and even the hi-points.
I almost tricked myself into thinking I was ready to go for ride!
Pretty pathetic, huh?

The current temperature in the last week here in Minnesota hasn't been above 0. Actually it has been well below it. Right now it is sunny...and it is also -10 outside, WITHOUT windchill. Yesterday was -12 and the day before it was -15 and my car would not start.

The 6 inches of snow made for a fun morning commute as well.
So, how's it down there in the nice, warm Australian sun?:)

HOS
08-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Do`nt people stare at you when your driving the car with your kit on ?

Withdrawal man..... :(

evad
08-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Its hot and humid in Queeensland yesterday, somewhere around 30Deg C. Great weather for bike riding, but then it is all year round, lol

Benz
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
This morning it is 30 degrees C, and 90% humidity, and the sun hasn't really arced up yet!!If I was to put on all my riding gear, that is full leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, I wouldn't make it downstairs to the bike before passing out from heat exhaustion.
Hmm, sunny Darwin, hot one day.......hot and wet the next!

Gix11
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
That reminds me of a story. About 16 years ago (fuck! Where has that time gone?) a mate of ours just passed his test and he was so naive it was scary. He bought a new helmet and left it on his kitchen table. After a massive night out on the town we went back to his place and convinced him that he had to wear it around the house to mould the insides of it into the shape of his head. Of course, needless to say, within 10 minutes he had it on his head and had passed out on the sofa. We all pissed off and left him to it only to hear that in the morning his parents made a surprise visit and let themselves in to his house to find a full size english "MEN AT WORK" road sign (about 4 feet tall) in his front room and him passed out on the sofa wearing a helmet with clothes from his washing basket thrown all over him. I'd love to have heard how he explained that one. Talk about village people.

jubuntu
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Do`nt people stare at you when your driving the car with your kit on ?

Withdrawal man..... :(

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D

Jockney Rebel
08-02-2007, 09:18 PM
kin classic man

03gixxerpilot
09-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Up here in sunny north Queensland it about 35 deg celcis and about 2 feet under water! andif you do find a road to ride on watch out for the crocs ;)