PDA

View Full Version : CTP gouging to increase!

bluemk1
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
from another site [V]

quote:Your CTP is going up.
NSW CTP Greenslips change from 1 July and no one bothered to tell us because they thought we wouldn’t notice.
The Motorcycle Council of NSW and Bikers Australia are unaware of the extent of the changes based on my calls to them today.
The new categories are as follows;
100 to 226
226 to 726
726 to 1125
1125 to 1325
1325 and over

Bike Capacity Pre 1 July New Price 1 July Percent increase
250 $252 $465 84%
600 $663 $465 -30%
750 $663 $682 3%
1000 $663 $682 3%
1150 $663 $880 32%
1350 $663 $780 18%

Prices are an average of the top 3 prices gleaned from the MAA Greenslip calculator.
Information based on;
2004 model bike
Metro area rego.
Driver 48 Y/O
No Demerit points
No other insurance
No roadside assist.
No at fault
Private Registration

URL Legislative Assembly members
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/members.nsf/V3ListCurrentLAMembers?open&vwCurr=CurrLAByElectorate

Minister for Roads David Borger
minister@borger.minister.nsw.gov.au

Shadow Minister for Roads Andrew Stoner
oxley@parliament.nsw.gov.au

Basically email/write/drop into your local member and the transport minister and advise the following;
You vote and will vote for the person that supports you.
Ask why is this happening
Ask what are they doing about it.
Ask why the split of capacities is so obviously designed to gouge the maximum amount out of Motorcyclists

and our motorcycle council is concerned with what happens to the outlaw bikes :(

Cruisecontrol
11-06-2010, 03:20 PM
So it is only based on engine capacity not type of bike?

robmac
11-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Nice way to scare off even more people thinking they can buy an economical way of transport.

Gitzy
11-06-2010, 03:34 PM
well thats fucked i liked my cheap rego little 250 motard.. now it'll be over 600 squid to rego it, grrrr

sen
11-06-2010, 03:52 PM
How the fuck can they honestly justify it costing as much as a car to ride a bike?

Weaselman
11-06-2010, 04:03 PM
greaaaaaaaaaaaaat fucking thevies

Dick
11-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Some smart prick in the NSW govt. realised they could make a fortune from all the 250's being bought as cheap runabouts. Now they'll scrap LAMS to force everyone back onto a 250, sit back, and watch the cash roll in.

nick76
11-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Cunts.

RevHead
11-06-2010, 05:50 PM
its just fucked ,we gotta find a member of parliment and as a group and winge big time..last year cost me $302 .now $682 ,funkin cunts

fimpBIKES
11-06-2010, 06:51 PM
+$200 for my tlr (which i cant afford to rego already...)

definitely some smart arse cashing in on 250 run-abouts!
cunts, i thought the high ctp prices were supposedly due to high pillion causalities
but who the fuck is pillioning people at high speeds on a 250!!!!!!!!!!!

Swordsy
11-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Well its time to fuck off the cheap 250 dirt squirter, may as well get a 450 now. The cunts

fimpBIKES
11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

How the fuck can they honestly justify it costing as much as a car to ride a bike?

not as much, much much more!!!

Jockney Rebel
11-06-2010, 08:19 PM
250 after sale values will plummet

bluemk1
12-06-2010, 03:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

still trying to find more information on this, seems its a bit top secret though [V]

fimpBIKES
13-06-2010, 09:06 AM
it always has been hasnt it cruisecontrol?

its bullshit either way

cjburns esq
17-06-2010, 12:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

still trying to find more information on this, seems its a bit top secret though [V]

Give me a call about it.
0418 486 660
I have been chasing the MCC of NSW etc for a week and they new nothing about it.
Apparently it came down in the NSW Budget of 8 June.
The MCIS Levy is 49% of the insurance and it goes to the Government as funding and they are broke.
Ring Barry O'Farrel's office now! 9230 2270
Call Eric Roozendaal and complain
He is the minister in Charge of the Maotr Accident Authority and arranged the gouging.
MAA Minister responsible fro CTP rises.
Special Minister For State
Eric Roozendaal
Phone 9228 3535
Fax 9228 4469
enquiries@treasurer.nsw.gov.au

Minister for Transport
John Robertson
office@robertson.minister.nsw.gov.au
Phones 9230 2152 and 9228 5661
Faxes 9230 2352 and 92285168

Phones 9637 1656 and 9228 3555
Faxes 9897 1434 and 9228 3585

Opposition

Barry O’Farrell
Opposition Leader
9487 8588
barry.ofarrell@nsw.liberal.org.au

LOP@parliament.nsw.gov.au

and call Barry o'Farrell as well

RevHead
23-06-2010, 05:59 PM
hey i got mine in the mail today,ctp its from QBE and its not $682,its $465 not to bad ,

rod185651
26-06-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/costs-driving-motorbikes-riders-off-the-road/story-e6frezz0-1225884438014

Costs driving motorbikes riders off the road

* By Duncan Horscroft
* June 25, 2010 6:08PM

TWO wheels are the best way to get around Sydney. So why make it more difficult?

An 85.5 per cent increase in third party insurance for 250cc machines, scooters and learner-approved machines is going to stall bike sales.

Worse, there seems to be no research data available for the insurance companies to justify this rise.

Meanwhile, NSW councils are continually trying to cut car numbers and encourage bike use to keep congestion down. Councils even provide riders with dedicated parking areas as a reward.

But with the CTP now being on a par with small cars, what is the point?

According to Motorcycle Council of NSW chairman Rob Colligan: "It's a complete joke".

He said the main factor behind the jump in CTP costs was based on figures received from motorcycle crashes where, in most cases, no one was injured but the bike had to be towed away. By law the police have to be informed and, in turn, the rider is charged with negligence.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

* Fortune to insure your bike Daily Telegraph, 5 days ago
* CTP cut puts brakes on car dealers Courier Mail, 8 Jun 2010
* Insurers fear CTP squeeze Courier Mail, 3 Jun 2010
* Bikes get safer Courier Mail, 23 Feb 2010
* Cyclists wear helmet fines Courier Mail, 7 Feb 2010

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"If a rider comes unstuck through no fault of their own - such as oil on the road or a car swerving in front of them -most of the time the motorcycle cannot be ridden away due to broken clutch or brake levers," Colligan says.

"So when a tow truck is called the police have to be informed and even though there are no injuries the rider is charged with negligent driving and usually wears the cost of the fine without taking it further.

"Third party insurance is supposedly there for injuries to a third party, so if no one is hurt how come the premiums go through the roof?"

Another concern for MCC volunteers is that motorcyclists are not recognised as a road user group and therefore receive no funding to challenge these issues.

By comparison, pedestrians and bicycle riders are represented - and funded - by the State Government.

If you are hit by a bicycle illegally riding on a footpath or by a pedestrian bolting down the street, who pays the premiums to cover your medical costs?

If we are to get serious about lowering carbon emissions, traffic congestion, unreliable public transport and fighting rising fuel costs, the Government should be encouraging people to use alternate transport by having an independent motorcycle body in place to provide relevant data to insurance companies.

A lot of young people in the workforce opt for two wheels because it's an economic and reliable way to travel.

But when the premiums are hiked to such an unrealistic level, which they struggle to afford, they will probably opt for the comfort of a cheap car and join the rest of the masses on the motorways, guzzling petrol and belching smoke

rod185651
26-06-2010, 01:00 PM
If you ride in NSW this will affect you. We are over taxed and over governed. It is Bullshit it's time to cut the crap!!!!

rod185651
27-06-2010, 08:56 AM
OK here's a plan. Get a generic letter going. One where you've only gotta change a few bits and pieces Get it posted on all the other bike websites people are on and get every one to email (at least twice) . And send hard copies as well. At least some one may stand up to get our vote! Something like this. The following is an example my mate wrote.

Dear (insert name)
I am writing to you to bring your attention to the outrageous rise in CTP green slips for Motor Cycles. I am a (insert political affiliation) voter, but my vote will be going to who ever will stand up and fight for the right of motor cyclists in NSW.
We are charged the same tolls as cars, yet we take up less than ¼ space of a normal car, we produce fewer emissions, cause less damage to roads and do not add to road congestion.
The argument for the rise in CTP’s will of course be that younger riders contribute to a larger proportion of accidents. Well if the government were concerned about trying to fix this problem they would be looking at subsidised training courses. Not gauging young rider’s pockets by over 50% more. Of course the government will say it’s not up to them and they don’t get any money out of it. GST! The NSW Government gets it’s cut of the GST every year so it is in there best interests to carry on letting the insurance companies ripping of NSW riders.
The rise in new riders and scooter riders due to rising fuel costs and inner city congestion and people wanting to lower there carbon footprint will of course now be offset by a 50% increase in the CTP. NSW has to change the way CTP is run. I can enter my details into any of the seven companies that offer CTP’s with my details and the price difference can be up to $400. How is that possible? And quite often the cheap company this year will be the most expensive one next year.
Other states such as TAS, SA, ACT, WA and VIC have rates set by the state and they are across the board, not some number that the insurance companies come up with this year. In fact the average price for a CTP from TAS, SA and ACT is around $400 for a bike over 250 and VIC and WA average around $100. I think after years of being ripped of for CTP this is the last straw.

Yours Sincerely
(Insert your Name)

RevHead
27-06-2010, 09:02 AM
yeah good call

Redmohawk
27-06-2010, 10:28 AM
JUst my two cents worth but if you hand write out that an sign it , the relivant people will take far more notice (hand written notes posted to pollies have a weight bias of 100 to 1 compared to emails/printed letters) it part of there stastistical analisis of the public so if you want more bang for your buck write it in your handwritting what it said in the note doesnt matter as much as the fact that it hand written. So 1000 indentical hand written notes is worth 100,000 emails!

RevHead
27-06-2010, 10:54 AM
well lets work out whom we write to and everyone on the forum put pen to paper and bombart said minister all in the same week ,then ,,hmmm

rod185651
27-06-2010, 10:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

well lets work out whom we write to and everyone on the forum put pen to paper and bombart said minister all in the same week ,then ,,hmmm

MAA Minister responsible fro CTP rises.
Special Minister For State
Eric Roozendaal
Phone 9228 3535
Fax 9228 4469

Minister for Transport
John Robertson
Phones 9230 2152 and 9228 5661
Faxes 9230 2352 and 92285168

Phones 9637 1656 and 9228 3555
Faxes 9897 1434 and 9228 3585

Opposition

Barry O’Farrell
Opposition Leader
9487 8588
barry.ofarrell@nsw.liberal.org.au

LOP@parliament.nsw.gov.au

rod185651
27-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Use this link if you need to find out who your local member is

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/members.nsf/V3ListCurrentMembers

cjburns esq
27-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Just had a good natter with Weasel on the blower and it is good to hear people are getting fired up about this.
Currently the MCC of NSW are running with the communications on this to media etc.
Next MCCofNSW meeting is 5th July at;
Monday 7:30pm, July 5th, 2010
Normally, first Monday of the month, but not on a Public Holiday Monday, so it moves forward to the second Monday

Meeting Venue

Meetings are conducted at Ryde Ex-Services Club (Bowling clubrooms)

724 Victoria Rd, Ryde, NSW 2112
(02) 9807 3599
http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/index.html

As Parliament has stopped sitting as of last Friday and donot reconvene till August we ahve a bit of time to plan things.
Mind you if every one rode into the city early on the morning of the 1 July and took up a single parking spot to emphasise the congestion side of things we might piss a few people off :)

rod185651
27-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Cheers Chris, are the meetings open to all? If so I'd be keen to attend, also I know of a few mates not on this forum who'd be keen to attend.

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Ok lads heres the go.

Myself Chris and others are going to this meeting to help push the case.
We want a major rally held to bring this to the fore. Ive been on the blower to other clubs/groups and forums and magazines and they are all on board.

Im taking this very seriously as we are not a fucking minority nor are we rich fair weather bikers. Thats how the government and the insurence companys view us and now its time to get off the fucking fence.

Those of you who would nay say any of this and im not pointing fingers at anyone would be wise to keep their comments to themselves. BUT if you live in nsw and ride and wont get behind this push you need you head examined or better yet sell your bike and buy a car.
If nothing gets done the police the government and the insurence groups ALSO the pedestrian council will make being a motorcycle rider in NSW a non event.

This isnt just about insurence. Its about how we are viewed by the public and the government.
WE ARE NOT some group of cashed up fair weather bikers.

But if thats the way you want it to stay then do nothing.

But i for one have had enough of being treated like a fucking second class citizen because my choice of living has 2 wheels.

I hope you will all take this as the spark to start a fire for the rights of EVERY rider in NSW because if they can push the insurence up then the rego will follow and the legislation against anything else bike related will follow too. And we CANNOT and MUST NOT let that happen.

rod185651
27-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I'll be attending

Meeting Venue
Ryde Ex-Services Club (Bowling clubrooms)

kev@vcm
27-06-2010, 01:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

I'll be attending

Meeting Venue
Ryde Ex-Services Club (Bowling clubrooms)

im there as a delegate guys i hope to catch up and say hi , will be good to see peopel come and express there opinions

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 01:55 PM
well we hope to have a draft proposal for the rally
So we'll see you there

kev@vcm
27-06-2010, 02:04 PM
look foward to it

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Rod and myself will also canvas the local riding groups that buzz the city over the week.

kev@vcm
27-06-2010, 02:12 PM
well i posted rods letter onto the MCC email for all delegates to read , yesterday and when i get a responce i will let rod an your self know .

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 02:16 PM
ta muchly

rod185651
27-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Cheers Kev, Let us know if there is anything else we can do to before the meeting. I think if we unite on this and a few other issues that Weasel has hinted at, we may get a positive outcome.

kev@vcm
27-06-2010, 02:22 PM
we need to be 100% united in this we cant waver and we cant quit we need to look at this as a long term plan as its not going to be a quick fix , we also need to be calm and cool and delebrate about what we do as if we all go off half cocked the media will be onto us as we are all crazy so cool calm and delebrate is the best way to attack this problem

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree but it needs to be relentless either way. To many campains loose their steam because people are to impatient.
August this comes to a head and that will be the big push

kev@vcm
27-06-2010, 02:27 PM
yeah your correct there , but i dont think its going to be a quick fix but i agree as to where yout going and your thourts mate. if you want to talk or you need any extra info please feel free to call me

0416 451 822

ACTAngler
27-06-2010, 02:47 PM

hey i got mine in the mail today,ctp its from QBE and its not $682,its $465 not to bad ,

It ain't 1 July yet either...

Jockney Rebel
27-06-2010, 06:12 PM
true ......

kev@vcm
27-06-2010, 06:19 PM
well guys im calling for Weaselman to be the ASF delegate after taliking to him on the fone for over n hour he has the pulse of the forum and has the drive to want more for his fellow riders , im a delegate for the busa club and i think considering the size of the forum that it needs a voice in the MCC ,

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 06:30 PM
See i told you i had a pulse :)

rod185651
27-06-2010, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

See i told you i had a pulse :)

Now you need a street fighter ;)

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 07:20 PM
lend me yours and fucking ring me you turd

Redmohawk
27-06-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm sure something could be organised from the Vic side in melb to show some support for you pore buggers in NSW as I'll bet my left nut something simmilar will follow here (in vic) and in other "lucky" states if they manage to push it through and reem you all, we will be next. As a matter of fact a few bikes in every state taking up most of the car parks in the CBD's for a day would raise some eyebrows and generate a BIG media outcome (as long as it handeled corectly so the PR is on our side, get the local green group on side etc.

Redmohawk
27-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm sure something could be organised from the Vic side in melb to show some support for you pore buggers in NSW as I'll bet my left nut something simmilar will follow here (in vic) and in other "lucky" states if they manage to push it through and reem you all, we will be next. As a matter of fact a few bikes in every state taking up most of the car parks in the CBD's for a day would raise some eyebrows and generate a BIG media outcome (as long as it handeled corectly so the PR is on our side, get the local green group on side etc.

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Im against outside political representation. This is about us proving that we arnt some recriational group on weekends.
Political groups will only back you as far as their own ends.

Were gonna front the MCC on the 5th and press our case. If we as riders cant make a noise on our own we aint worth shit.
The fucking pedestrian council has a bigger voice than us AND funding from the government. We need to stand on our own 2 feet this time and do shit for ourselves without relying an false political clout.

Its those cunts who want to wreck it for you so why let them get a leg up untill our demands are met.

Thanks for your support Adam but remember if it does come to vic or qld the government wont help you. The RTA and there equivilent offices will squeeze you for all you got mate.
Then the police will push to legislate us out of existance.

Thats how its going to work here. Insurence goes up, rego goes up then tighter restrictions on what you can and cant do and wham NSW the friggin goverment squeezed police state. (Not that we arnt already)

Cruisecontrol
27-06-2010, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

Im against outside political representation.

Yes and no.

Brendan Nelson may be one to consider. He is a fellow rider and has been involved in motorcycle representation in the past.

Being currently in opposition, he also has nothing to lose.

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 08:26 PM
yeah he has been but he still slinks off if it doesnt get him anywhere. hes still a polly

rod185651
27-06-2010, 08:38 PM
This is a letter one of the guys on another forum got in reply

Dear *&^%

I am responding on behalf of Andrew Stoner, Shadow Minister for Roads, to your email about the increase in cost of CTP green slips in NSW.

From 1 July, nearly 500,000 riders in NSW will have to deal with new green slip charges.... See more

Green slips and other extra taxes and charges that accompany insurance premiums have been a great source of revenue for cash-strapped NSW Labor Government.

When Labor increased the green slip levy as a result of the addition of the Medical Care and Injury Services [MCIS] Levy in 2006, Morris Iemma said it would cost members of the community only $20. It is now running as high as 50% of CTP premiums.

In 2010-11, the NSW Government’s Motor Accident Authority has a projected deficit of $18.2 million. This deficit is why you will pay more for your green slip levy from 1 July.

From our understanding, the increases in CTP green slips for motorcycles will be more than 85 % in some cases. This will cost you up to $470 a year.

Kristina Keneally’s Labor Government’s vision for our roads network involves more fines, more taxes and higher premiums but no new roads.

Motorists and riders are already being hit with higher tolls, rising power and water costs and other cost of living pressures. These increases in CTP green slip charges will certainly not help.

The NSW Liberals & Nationals understand your frustration and are investigating alternatives to this unreasonable price hike in close consultation with the Motorcycle Council of NSW.

We will continue to keep you updated.

Kind regards

Ilse van de Meent
Policy Adviser
Andrew Stoner MP
NSW Leader of the Nationals
Shadow Minister for Roads and Ports
Shadow Minister for State and Regional Development

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Its spin

But its a start

Redmohawk
27-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Dude when I said local green groups I wasn't talking political (the only honast politician of ANY persuasion is a dead one!) But there are other people you can get involved that have a similar agenda/ideals. Being self reliant with a core support of Riders is great and to be encoraged at all costs but dont overlook the assistance of others as a great assistance to our needs.

I agree with your senterments as to the states putting the squeeze on us no matter who is in power, pollies have shown over and over they have no real idea on what they are doing and will be swayed by fringe groups with out right nasty do gooder agendas (pedestrian groups for a start).

Please realise that an extreem hard line expression of our ideas on this matter will alienate us with the general public as we are tarnished from the start (due to our chosen transport being scary to the sheep of this world) We need to present a fair honast balanced voice to the media with them on side (otherwise we will be painted as loudmouthed rednecks and troublemakers/lawbreakers, Just look at the pushbike riders like the hell riders in melb there PR started out positive in the media and now there considered dangerous by joe public now)

Please don't take this as critisisum I fully support you 100% an have a great interest in this, rider of all kinds have been copping the shitty end of the stick for some time now and i see it only getting far worse unless we make a stand NOW.

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Never took it as critisium mate I just hate pollys and a hard line stance can work if its used within the confines of the MCC to get things moving.

Im worried that to much outside assistance will turn us into another election campain float for all and sundry to climb on.
We will always be tarred with the same brush but united against this pressure were better than devided into factions.

Your right it hasnt worked with other groups but the average work a day rider isnt some yob on a pushy or a dopey pedestrian.
It has to start with a solid hard line
THEN we can entertain other intrests lending their support or as i said we'll just become another campain float for whatever fuck else government body wants to use us to their own ends.

ACTAngler
27-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Perhaps environmental groups could be an ally with this. Tell them they are making cheap, economical 250cc bikes more exensive to register and ask them what they think of that. You might find an unlikely friend (don't mention that bigger bikes are getting more expensive too!)...

Weaselman
27-06-2010, 09:34 PM
all im concerned with atm is getting the MCC to take decisive action. The political posturing comes later.
need to get all the grass roots riders on the wagon first then bother with the political parties.

me and the lads front the MCC on the 5th but in the meantime if your on other forums or know other groups tell them that this is building. Tell them to male a noise over this.

Otherwise we will just get friggin steamrollered again.

rod185651
27-06-2010, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by ACTAngler

Perhaps environmental groups could be an ally with this. Tell them they are making cheap, economical 250cc bikes more expensive to register and ask them what they think of that. You might find an unlikely friend (don't mention that bigger bikes are getting more expensive too!)...

Doing things like this can only help, but we need everyone to act on this. So if you come up with a good idea eg. writing to the environment groups DO IT. Then post up their contact address so others can contact them also. It's all about numbers, everyone needs to stand up on this and take action. Otherwise in two years time they'll do it to us again.

Jockney Rebel
27-06-2010, 10:40 PM
'As Parliament has stopped sitting as of last Friday and donot reconvene till August we ahve a bit of time to plan things.
Mind you if every one rode into the city early on the morning of the 1 July and took up a single parking spot to emphasise the congestion side of things we might piss a few people off :)'
[/quote]
just like the MAG did in london..it works

bluemk1
28-06-2010, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by cjburns esq

Mind you if every one rode into the city early on the morning of the 1 July and took up a single parking spot to emphasise the congestion side of things we might piss a few people off :)

cant make the meeting as ill be working but im keen for the parking ambush on the 1st of july :D
is there anything more official happening regarding this or just internet talks?

rod185651
28-06-2010, 07:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

cant make the meeting as ill be working but im keen for the parking ambush on the 1st of july :D
is there anything more official happening regarding this or just internet talks?

As far as I am aware, nothing will be happening until after the meeting on the 5th of July mate.

Weaselman
28-06-2010, 05:14 PM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001201849208&v=wall

Go there and make a noise!!!

Send it to everyone!!!

Vids and more to come!

kev@vcm
28-06-2010, 05:37 PM
im in there wesalman and im in for the long haul bro

Weaselman
28-06-2010, 06:04 PM
vid added go and laugh at me

rod185651
28-06-2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9v193n8Q8

rod185651
28-06-2010, 09:21 PM
As sent to the MCC NSW

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/web/submissions.nsf/Submission?OpenForm&ParentUNID=AF7A8A47C938F55DCA2577270022B2EC&House=LA

This inquiry is taking submissions.

You can write one (or more) submissions. Clear, polite ones count.

A submission can be a simple letter, which you can lodge online at the above address. Also, you don't need to write about every reference below, a letter about what you think should be done to improve your safety on the road would be enough. Do try to align your comments to one of the terms of reference - they need that to help them do their counting!!!

The number of submissions is an indication to the committee about the level of importance of this issue, so the more the better.

The closing date for submissions is Friday, 6 August 2010.

Make your submission as a private person, not an organisation (otherwise they'll make any conflicting views count against us).

TERMS OF REFERENCE:
That the Committee inquire into and report on vulnerable road users, specifically motorcycle and bicycle safety, with particular reference to:

a) patterns of motorcycle and bicycle usage in New South Wales;
b) short and long term trends in motorcycle and bicycle injuries and fatalities across a range of settings, including on-road and off-road uses;
c) underlying factors in motorcycle and bicycle injuries and fatalities;
d) current measures and future strategies to address motorcycle and bicycle safety, including education, training and assessment programs;
e) the integration of motorcyclists and bicyclists in the planning and management of the road system in NSW;
f) motorcycle and bicycle safety issues and strategies in other jurisdictions; and
g) any other related matters.

Also see

http://www.treasury.act.gov.au/compulsorytpi/NRMAInsuranceCTPPremiumsApril2010.pdf
http://www.transport.tas.gov.au/fees/calculation_of_fees_-_motorcycles#2
http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/paymentoptions/1431.asp
http://www.sa.gov.au/upload/franchise/Transport,%20travel%20and%20motoring/Motoring/documents/CTP_Premium_%20mr85.PDF
http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/upload/TAC_WebRates2009.pdf

cjburns esq
30-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Rod, you have been a busy boy indeed.
I missed catching you on Tuesday night due to work commitments.
Weasel keep it up man, I've been copping an absolute pasteing on the Twowheels site.
It's nice to hear some positive peopel for a cahnge and not self agrandising arseholes.
My shout for a beer when we finally meet.
CJ

fimpBIKES
30-06-2010, 11:22 PM
well done weasel, cant wait to see how the 5th goes

Weaselman
01-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Weasel keep it up man, I've been copping an absolute pasteing on the Twowheels site.
It's nice to hear some positive peopel for a cahnge and not self agrandising arseholes.
CJ

Never got that beer you bugger!

Buckets
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM

CJ
CJ, that was not a pasting... that was friendly banter.

Forum Members, my name is Rob Colligan and I am the Chairman of the Motorycle Council of NSW. I am also known as Buckets, for reasons that will be explained around a rally fire with several drinks gone south. I and the MCC of NSW, are very aware of this issue and have been very busy meeting and continuing to meet with all the people I can, to resolve this issue in a positive way for all concerned. It is not easy... we are dealing with politicians. But deal with them we must. In the meantime, we are planning for a possible Protest Rally on the first sitting day of Parliament on August 31st at 12 noon. I am sure both CJ and Weasel will keep you up to date on these matters as they are in conversations with myself and I thank them for that time they gave me. Remember, in any war while the soldiers are fighting on the frontline, the diplomats are meeting behind closed doors...

I welcome every motorcyclist to our Meetings, but they are not "open" Public Meetings. They are meetings of the Delegates of the Clubs that form the Council. If I open the floor to everyone who comes, we will still be there for breakfast and have achieved nothing. So you will pardon me if I do not do so. But you will all be able to see what we have done and what we will be doing about this issue and maybe, this forum will apply to become a member and then your two delegates can represent you fully.

In the meantime, if any of you feel you need to speak to me about this you can contact me at anytime.

Rob Colligan

ps: I have been riding for 41 of my 44 years and currently own a heavily modified ZX9R.

Cruisecontrol
02-07-2010, 02:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Buckets

I welcome every motorcyclist to our Meetings, but they are not "open" Public Meetings. They are meetings of the Delegates of the Clubs that form the Council. If I open the floor to everyone who comes, we will still be there for breakfast and have achieved nothing. So you will pardon me if I do not do so. But you will all be able to see what we have done and what we will be doing about this issue and maybe, this forum will apply to become a member and then your two delegates can represent you fully.

Perhaps you should change your name to the Motorcycle Club Council.
It is already obvious that this issue is bigger than your council as it involves all motorcyclists not just a select group of clubs intent on pushing their own agendas...

JackTar
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
It is hard to feel sorry for a state that keeps on voting in the same fuckwits, what's it been now about 20 years?

rod185651
02-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Buckets,I think it is good that everyone is taking different angles of attack and good luck with your diplomatic talks with the Government. We will be keenly listening to what you have to say on Monday night.
I personally don't want any sympathy Blowie, but I definitely appreciate the people who've contributed positively so far to this issue.

fimpBIKES
05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
good luck tonight blokes! dont forget to let us know word-for-word what goes down
i'll be rootin' for ya :D

rod185651
05-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Just got back from the meeting and it looks like the MCC are taking some positive action. The MAA have agreed that they have no supporting data to justify the CTP increase or in that matter any CTP pricing at all regarding motorcycles and they are going to investigate this issue. The MCC are pushing to have all LAMS motorcycles be under the one category. There was also a lot of talk about the protest ride and it was agreed it will be on the 31st of August when Parliament re-sits. There was also mention that the ministers have commented that they have never received so many letters about a single issue before, so on that note the MCC will be emailing Weasel with some points to put in letters to the Politicians and the MAA. United We Ride, Divided we walk

kev@vcm
05-07-2010, 10:54 PM
spot on rod was a good meeting

Jockney Rebel
06-07-2010, 03:36 AM
first off sorry i couldnt attend i really wanted to be there but im skint and trying to dig myself out of a hole at the mo .
... rest assured i will be at the demo ....and this is a good start .well done blokes ....im keen to keep the momentum going after this is dealt with..
heres some issues i feel need addressing
1. better driver education for ALL drivers,include serious off road training [ala stay upright,superbike school style]
2. drivers ed to be included in the school cirrculum
3. wheres our govt funding ?
4. a bike tag that works properly
5. more encouragement for 2 wheelers to use the city centres and thus cut down congestion further
6. better PR [we really need to stamp out this outdated imagery that the general public have of us as a community]

i use the roads proffesionally and recreationally in a number of capacities ,i have 20yrs experience of dealing in europe with the self same issues you are dealing with now .Whilst im not saying that the solutions over there are any better or are even applicable to here.
But they do warrent investigation as possible solutions to traffic and transport problems here,
politicians, in my experience, respond better when you have positive answers to the problems which we are raising with them ..
my issue with the NSW MOT is accountability

cjburns esq
06-07-2010, 02:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

spot on rod was a good meeting

Agreed, it was a good meeting indeed and the MCC appear to be moving things along. They will still require everyone's support as Keven said earlier this will be for the long haul.
Pleasure to meet you Rod.
Weasel, my apologies as I didnot spring for that beer I promised.
Keven, I missed meeting you there sir, maybe next time although Hayabusa Glenn and Dorzun will no doubt pass on my best wishes.
CJ

kev@vcm
06-07-2010, 02:37 PM
yeah CJ will def catch up and yeah i saw glenn and your self but missed out see you all before you shot off into the night

next meeting will def catch up

JackTar
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
As a side note, expensive rego wouldn't bother me as much if we could have one rego for multiple bikes. I think the Canadians do this as someone was smart enough to realise that you can only ride one bike at a time.

bluemk1
07-07-2010, 02:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

As a side note, expensive rego wouldn't bother me as much if we could have one rego for multiple bikes. I think the Canadians do this as someone was smart enough to realise that you can only ride one bike at a time.

maybe that can be part of the solution?

kev@vcm
07-07-2010, 02:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

do you know how that system works as i would be interested to know , i gather a simple set up but was there alot more costs involved?

Kaosaki
07-07-2010, 03:08 AM
Holy fuck you guys have got it harsh! I tell you what, the Government of Australia gets closer and closer to signing it's death warrant each frickin year. When is enough enough? When do we as citizens of a tyranical government stand up and actually fight back? We all voice our views on these matters, but they seem to ignore us anyway...
Better shut me trap before our oppressors acuse me of sedition...

You know what i found really funny? Over here in SA they pushed through the new Red Light/Speed Camera/SafeT Cam thing where they can pick up unregistered vehicles. This was one of their spins:

"Motor Accident Commission Chief Executive, Andrew Daniels said the targeting of illegal vehicles should deliver benefits in the form of lower registration and motor injury insurance costs, which are higher than necessary due to the amount of rego cheats in the state."

Yet what happened? Rego and CTP went up...:(
Nothing's ever gonna change in this bloody country until we colour our flag with their blood.
Metaphorically speaking of course for any Gestapo tuning in.
Bah! Off to bed with me, the tinfoil hat's causing a rash.
Hope you get somewhere with this fellas, but I won't hold my breath for ya's....

ACTAngler
07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
1. better driver education for ALL drivers,include serious off road training [ala stay upright,superbike school style]
2. drivers ed to be included in the school cirrculum, inluding pre-license courses.
3. wheres the govt funding for an effective, independent representative body?
4. a bike tag that works properly
5. more encouragement for 2 wheelers to use the city centres and thus cut down congestion further
6. better PR [we really need to stamp out this outdated imagery that the general public have of us as a community]
7. single bike insurance policy (and rego?) that covers the person and is transferrable between vehicles [because you can only ride one bike at a time!]

Jockney Rebel
07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
^ like i said ..and i like the single insurance policy [we had this inthe UK called a rider policy]

Gix11
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

^ like i said ..and i like the single insurance policy [we had this inthe UK called a rider policy]

Yep, and it was fuckin' great as you were covered for any bike. You could ride mate's bikes and be fully covered.

StuNVA
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Yep, and it was fuckin' great as you were covered for any bike. You could ride mate's bikes and be fully covered.

Maybe they could tag it to your licence not your rego and bypass the insurance companies (from our perspective) all together.

cjburns esq
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
and Rob was on the radio recently.
Move the thingy-a-ma-doodle (IT is awesome) on the bottom to 20 minutes on the dot and he starts.
Explains it really well.
http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/outback-outlook---tues-6th-jul.mp3
Linky might work, if not cut and paste into a browser.

JackTar
07-07-2010, 07:06 PM

Maybe this is what I was thinking of Jim not single rego.

rod185651
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
I got sent this from one of the delegates of the MCC of NSW.
This is a dot point guide of points that need to be raised in your letters regarding the CTP increase.

All,

Please find below the bullet points that we would like you to use in
your words in letters to the following:

- Your State Local Member.
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/members.nsf/V3ListCurrentMembers
- Your Local Council/Mayor.
- Your Federal Local Member.
- Your local Paper.
- Premier of NSW: Kristina Keneally, premier@www.nsw.gov.au
- The Minister for Roads: David Borger,
- The Minister for Transport: John Robertson,
- The Minister for the MAA: Eric Roozendaal,
- The Minister for Finance: Michael Daley,
office@daley.minister.nsw.gov.au
- Leader of the Opposition: Barry O’Farrell, LOP@parliament.nsw.gov.au
- Shadow Minister of Transport: Gladys Berejiklian,
willoughby@parliament.nsw.gov.au
- Shadow Minister for Roads: Andrew Stoner oxley@parliament.nsw.gov.au

Ask these questions and use these points:

· Why are some CTP insurers making no effort to offer competitive
pricing for a compulsory, statutory product?

o Clearly, the CTP system is fat and lazy with few incentives to offer
fair pricing

· Whose turn is to be cheapest next year? GIO seem to be the cheapest
this year.

· Cheap does not mean sub-standard.

o It indicates one company is pricing based on actual risk and others
are seeking profit from how they market their product.

o It is unreasonable for a statutory, compulsory product, to force up
pricing by confusing or misleading through so-called “marketing”

o Marketing distortions do not reflect actual risk.

· Why should existence of another insurance product or roadside
service change pricing for CTP risk?

o Please explain how these are related to actual CTP claims risk.

· Why do some insurers have different risk ratings?

o If actual risks were known, then all insurers would vary on the same
criteria.

· How do demerit points relate to actual risk of a CTP claim arising?

o Demerit points and actual risk of a crash are quite separate and no
longer indicate crash risk.

o Minor crashes with no injury are about property damage, not CTP
claims

o Speeding fines are simply used as a “malus stick” for revenue
generation by insurers.

· While the MAA is clear on the amount of money leaving the scheme,
how much money is collected by insurance companies?

o The question of fair profit follows, but transparency must be
achieved.

Points to remember in your letters:

The NSW CTP scheme has flaws and this recent change in motorcycle
classifications has exposed these flaws to view.

o These flaws can only be repaired by our elected government.

o Let them know it needs fixing.

o Don’t just whinge to your mate, then roll over. That’s lazy. Stand
up, speak out.

o We’re being gouged by insurers exploiting the flaws.

o Speak to Parliament or they assume you’re OK with it.

Please forward any responses via email back to us.

In the meantime, we are continuing to plan for the Protest Rally on August
31st. Please spread the word.

The next Meeting of the MCC of NSW is on Monday, August 2nd. We would
welcome all attendees and involvement.

Warmest Regards,

Rob Colligan

Chair

Motorcycle Council of NSW

Rob Colligan

Australian Motorcycle Tours

58 Market Street

Merimbula

NSW 2548

Ph: 02-64941888

Mob: 0401227731

Fax: 02-64954539

RevHead
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
hey i been telling a bloke whos got 4 bikes,i ride with him when i gotta licence,about this ctp rise,for months now,,today he turns up and says when did ctps go through the roof???? i said wot dont you listen ,fuck me some guys are dence

eddahenry
13-07-2010, 10:23 PM
unfortunally the NSW govenment has there head so far up there own arss that talkig to them is like talking to stone
1 thing that will work
Fuck the city
As many bikes in sydney
Peak hour
All lanes blocked on Anzac bridge
all lanes blocked Harbour Bridge
All lanes blocked M5 tunnel
30 min do it 5 days in a row and see if they want to talk.
Sure it will do no good for the way car dirvers see us but hell there all out to splat us anyway
Do it right Advertise the protest so people can plan
trafic in the city is bad enough hell do it for 15 min and the repercussions on the rd will last the day
I know im a sales rep and drive in it everyday
As i said unfortunally this lot is only out to cash grab ,,,,,,, you have to be bold to be herd buy them

JackTar
13-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm confused is it 1 thing or 2 thing that will work?

eddahenry
13-07-2010, 11:04 PM
lol im confused to i dont know where the 2 did come from my keyboard fail i guess im good at that lol

Cruisecontrol
14-07-2010, 05:18 AM

fuck me some guys are dence

lol

RevHead
14-07-2010, 10:00 PM
simple one protest,9am on the harbour bridge from side to side block it completely for 1 hour ,call prime ,channel 10,channel 9, current affair, and the abc n sbs,watch those polly cunts take note then

Jockney Rebel
15-07-2010, 03:09 AM
http://ukfrancebikers.com/ some support from the cold part of the world