PDA

View Full Version : The Petrol Station "Game" ?

HOS
09-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Fill up with way overpriced fuel after queueing for 10 minutes with four other cars to get to the right pump. Hopefully avoiding the cones blocking the unused pumps. Praying that when you get to the pump you`ve queued for its not got one of those green sleeves over the fuel you need saying sorry its run out. Because its a long way back round to rejoin the queue !

Hoping the person infront of you isnt going to disappear inside the cavernous petrol station and use the toilet, have a shower, buy a paper and use the coffee shop for a full English breakfast?

After fuelling up, walk across into the petrol station building to pay and stand in a queue of ten people waiting to be served by one member of staff on the only man`d till out of 4. The other 3 are closed.
A service station the size of a small football stadium with masses of shelving and hot/cold food, hot and cold drinks, an off licence, a car accessory display, a camping display, toilets, seating, cash point, 5 members fo staff stood around stacking the massive isles of shelves and usually gassing and gossiping to each other and only one person serving... :(

Stand in the queue and actually feel the old blood pressure rising, thinking why does`nt one of these 5 staff open a till so we get served faster, looking at the prices of chocky bars at 80p each and bags of crisps for a pound and thinking what a f****** rip off !

You can feel the air of tension in the queue and when you eventually get to the front with your basket (can of pop, SF magazine, bag of crisps, packet of sarnies, and chocky bar) the till person takes one minute to scan each item. As you watch them you know they are not going to put them all in a carrier bag , you just know, but you wait for the right moment to ask ;)
When they provide mini supermarkets and shopping baskets, what do they expect you to do ? Carry all the loose items in your arms and throw them all over the forecourt as you struggle to get your car keys out of your pocket ?

So the one till staff has now scanned all your items having picked them up slowly and put them down slowly one by one. ...
" That`ll be £27-99p please " looking bored from behind the till...
"Can I have a carrier bag please?" Do`nt offer any money at this stage, make them wait.....

This will lead one of two ways, the normal response is to tear off a carrier bag behind the till, throw it ontop of your shopping and ask for the money again. Orrrr...... they might put them in a bag for you although this is rare.

Time and motion study says if they scanned them individually and then put them straight in a carrier bag for you, it saves time and effort. Not too challenging ? :D

If they just throw the bag and ask for payment again, hold your ground !!! Put your shopping carefully in the bag and then, but only then !... reach for your wallet for the money. [^]

The bored and dysfunctional staff member then plays the 15 questions game.... :(
Do you have a reward card?.... answer no.
Can I have a reciept though please? (your request is ignored while they carry on with their pre-programmed routine)
Would you like to apply for one?..... answer no.
We are doing a deal if you have a new reward card?.. answer no.
Do you want a special offer/promotional offer ? ..... answer no.
Those are on offer "3 for £10" do you want the other 2?... answer no.
Do you want school vouchers .... answer no.
(Do I look like I have school age children?)
Do you want to take part in...? .... answer no.
Do you want store vouchers?.... answer no.

Getting bored of the game now... so I say... "Look ! Can I have my reciept and change NOW ! ! !"

Game over :D

Play again ? [:p]

Large
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
How many people in the queue of 10 in front of you are already playing this game?

HOS
09-06-2010, 09:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

How many people in the queue of 10 in front of you are already playing this game?

Everyone has to play this stupid game everytime they go into a petrol station.

I`m fortunate to remember when petrol stations sold petrol !
When you sat in your car or on your bike at the pump and someone came out and asked how much 4 star you wanted? They took cash from you and then brought back the change with a "good day sir" to boot ! ;)

Wasnt it fucking great ???

Hagarr
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
The classic is they force you to go in to the "Store" so you are tempted by all the trinkets on the way through.

Remember they started to put swipe card eftpos out where you pumped the gas, well surprise surprise they are no longer there, Why? you ask, as I am not crowding the shop with buying chips and drinks and newspapers etc etc, because I am not buying the chips drinks newspapers etc so they were losing money, so now because people are performing drive offs I have to now pre pay for my fuel (in the line up waiting!)or leave my card at the counter (Yeah Right!)before I even get to put the fucking petrol in to my vehicle.

GGGGGRRRRRR!!!! Fucken Arsewipes shit me.

JackTar
09-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Aren't arsewipes supposed to de-shit you?

Zooks
10-06-2010, 08:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Aren't arsewipes supposed to de-shit you?

Top post Jack. I almost blew coffee through my nostrils. :D

Redmohawk
10-06-2010, 11:26 PM
depends on the asswipe some will wipe it all the way up your back if your not careful, usally found in locked toilet in said servo , but only 2 sheets when your busting and had the curry from hell the night before lol

Jup
11-06-2010, 04:55 AM
WTF are you doing rubbing asswipe all the way up your back?..... you sick fuck!

HOS
11-06-2010, 07:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

WTF are you doing rubbing asswipe all the way up your back?..... you sick fuck!

LMAO....[:p][:p][:p]

Hillsy
11-06-2010, 09:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Or you could just swipe your credit card at the bowser and not have to go into the shop.....

bluemk1
11-06-2010, 02:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Or you could just swipe your credit card at the bowser and not have to go into the shop.....

thats fine if they offer that service, some dont offer anything it all, others only offer one where you can use their cards and not one of your regular bank cards [V]

wackyrider
11-06-2010, 03:00 PM

I`m fortunate to remember when petrol stations sold petrol !
When you sat in your car or on your bike at the pump and someone came out and asked how much 4 star you wanted? They took cash from you and then brought back the change with a "good day sir" to boot ! ;)

Wasnt it fucking great ???

I believe its still like that at home at most petrol stations. It's great when you're with the car, but I never let them fill up the bike for me. They either spill over the tsnk, or even worse, they bump the nozzle into your tank

HOS
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

I believe its still like that at home at most petrol stations. It's great when you're with the car, but I never let them fill up the bike for me. They either spill over the tsnk, or even worse, they bump the nozzle into your tank

Yeah I remember those two problems :) Like I never used the petrol station 2 stroke oil in the pump dispenser for the mix-in-the-tank bikes (one shot or two?) ;)