PDA

View Full Version : Swann insurance prior to June 2006

BillyWhizz888
07-02-2007, 11:22 AM
yesterday I contacted Swann about some shite
only to be told my policy didnt exist....

apparently.....
prior to June 2006 the system they used was a manual system
i.e. agent fills out forms and either faxes them in or posts them 9/10 faxed due to bike being ridden out of the shop!!!!!

you then leave with document stating policy number ect
(thinking all is well)
ALAS IF.. you did not recieve any more documentation or info from Swann i.e. additional policy document
YOU POSSIBLY DONT HAVE INSURANCE

New system is all electronic and information is passed and recieved within minutes as I discovered yesterday

So.. to sumerise...

I have been damn lucky for 9 months

without the need to use my insuarnce policy without going through a long and tedious court case
I could have come out on top.. because I had a policy and credit card details of payment sent

However Swann didnt recieve or said they didnt recieve the fax sent by the agent... makes you wonder

Signed

Lucky Old Me

God
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey Billy,

If Swan didn't formalise or make the contract active, then surely its only fair and reasonable that they credit you the months you paid but were not covered for...

BOHEMION
07-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I am thinking of goin Swann myself how ever I am paying a Swann Agent (motorbike shop) to look after the paperwork for me as this adds some assurance to the formalities.

Did you go through an agent, as Swann rarely deals with End User (public) and you need to go through and agent.

Large
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I would think you were covered.

You had paid and kept your receipt. It was their agent who fucked up.

BillyWhizz888
07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
It gets better....

even though my details were provided to Swaan by the agent, they Swann never debited my account?

I did recieve a policy and booklet

there is no moeny to refund.. as they never took any

it boils down to the old manual system being fked.. thats why they changed it

so.. 9 months later.. problem solved
insurance quote as of yesterday $302 fully comp for the year
policy recieved... YES
Telephone conformation done... YES
is it on Swanns system... NO
has the dosh been taken from my account NO

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sharky
07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
So you're trusting these people to insure you....What happens when you try to claim ????
Sorry but if they have fucked up this far....

BOHEMION
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Not too sure its Swanns Fault sharks... Chances are the Dealer/Agent was dodge and took the money and now playing dumb or just lazy and Swan didnt actually receive anything from the agent. If anything were to happen ( and because you kept your payment details ) you can basically destroy the Agent in the court room.

I just spoke to the courier at work and he says that Swann were good to deal with with his acco's. Plus there Excess is 50% cheaper than my current and there policy is 80% than my current and I'm a rating 2 after my off last year.

BillyWhizz888
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Not too sure its Swanns Fault sharks... Chances are the Dealer/Agent was dodge and took the money and now playing dumb or just lazy and Swan didnt actually receive anything from the agent. If anything were to happen ( and because you kept your payment details ) you can basically destroy the Agent in the court room.

I just spoke to the courier at work and he says that Swann were good to deal with with his acco's. Plus there Excess is 50% cheaper than my current and there policy is 80% than my current and I'm a rating 2 after my off last year.

Bo.. correct
Swann have been nothing but fkin brilliant, as soon as they knew what was going on they sent a representive to the agent to go through (audit) the last 3 years worth of business they are gob smacked... so I do not blame them, they were on the ball from the word go
have called me 4 times today to make me feel all warm n fuzzy and i aint even pissed myself but I do haha

I think the probem is with the agent (dealer)

Swann $320
Shannons $837

you pick???????

dazz
08-02-2007, 08:02 AM
was at a Swann seminar yesterday and they PAY!

Sounds like you copped a dealer like 1 I used to work at.

He would take premium,give you the docs and never submit the payment.

When there was a claim, mysteriously the docs would appear and he would submit them with some excuse that it got lost on his desk.

Yes, He IS a FUCKWIT.

Don't blame swann