PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Crashes !

HOS
06-06-2010, 02:38 AM
News from only a few hours ago... I heared it on the radio in the garage 1st... :(

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05062010/58/rossi-breaks-shin-faces-months.html

NoZ
06-06-2010, 09:04 AM
sucks...

stu
06-06-2010, 10:45 AM
And then there was one.

Hagarr
06-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Sometimes your luck just runs out.

You've gotta admit regardless how good he is he has been blessed with no serious injuries.

ACTAngler
06-06-2010, 03:56 PM
When your number's up.....

Something like 230 consecutive starts, is that right? Looks like Stoner might get 3rd in championship this year!

uncle pervy
06-06-2010, 06:33 PM
dont right stoner off just yet. still got a chance to win the championship

BillyWhizz888
06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by uncle pervy

dont right stoner off just yet. still got a chance to win the championship

Lost his bottle I reckon, once the dummy falls out of the pram as well its all over..... [^]

nick76
06-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Stoner is still in there with a chance.
He's just got his years worth of crashes out of the way early!!!
Im sure WhoreGay and Pedrosa will take themselves out in atleast one race this year!!!

Redmohawk
06-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Rossi seemed like an ok sort of a bloke rides well and likeable sort of a little fucker, sorry to hear he has banged himself up a bit but i'm sure his bank ballance will make him feel ok lol Stoner well after the last few times I've been close enough to see/talk to him starting to think he's a little to arogant for me, But he is a good rider when he stays on the bike lol Personally I'd like to see Pedrosa get a few more wins under his belt.

ACTAngler
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I'd love to see Colin Edwards win his first race before retiring. I've always admired him as a rider and a person.

yoda
06-06-2010, 08:44 PM
hmm.. he has been very lucky with injuries, i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

NoZ
06-06-2010, 09:11 PM
he still came second with that shoulder injury... and only cos George got past him eventually... he'll be back before 3 months.

Bear
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I think that Stoner comes across as arrogant because he suffers fools lightly and doesn't like playing the press game.
Rossi, to me, seems to know how to play the press and does it well.

I see Stoner as a typical bushy - just wants to get on with the job and win races with no time for wankers. If you're not helping him then piss-off and don't waste his time.

I see Rossi as a charismatic socialite - Works best when he's having fun with what he's doing and knows that his image is a valuable commodity and works it correspondingly.

Just two different horses with the same goals.

Having worked with journos, I reckon it'd be only money that stops some of those riders from punching some of them in the face. They can ask some blatantly stupid and insulting questions at times just to get a rise out of the riders so the journos then have something to write about, then they tart it up to add insult.

Redmohawk
07-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Bear i get where your coming from and aggree to an extent, The times i've been at the track with the fans after a race etc i get a different feel. Last time was a eye opener for me, stoner sat in the pit box for ages with a few kids out the front begging him to just come out and sign a few hats etc they waited for 2 hours in the sun! He sat there cooled down after the race and persentations and then just ignored em for an hour and 10 min then just walked out the back. would have taken him 10 min to make 20 kids day but nope couldnt be fucked.

Rossi didnt want to come out eather but he sent a machanic out with some sit and handed it out into the crowd made there day (he had signed it before hand (smart bloke lol)

Pedrosa came out for 5 min talked signed etc and walked back in , the fans all talked about how he was the only one to come out for an hour after! I know this is racing etc etc but the point is it takes 5 min to give a few people a big lift and there being payed to represent bike companys millions of dollars living the good life jet setting beautiful girls with there Blue waffles lol Why not spend 5 min making a few people happy every race? is that to much to ask ???

And i got my wish last night go Pedrosa !

Bear
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeh I see your point. Hopefully Stoner will see it too...heheh. That would suck for the kids.

Large
07-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Stoner is no worse that Doohan was

Redmohawk
07-06-2010, 01:58 PM
your right Large , And i don't mind the whole race face thing before there on the track, what ever floats there boat (or stops the fucker crashing and going fast the whole way through a race lol) but after they have wound down got the pats on the back from the big wiggs a trophy and kissy kissy from the pit girls Y not put a smile on a kid or even a big kids (me) face and say hello for a few minutes ? I bet when they were young up and comers they were pushing through the crowd to get a glimps of there fav riders ! Maybe stoner has learnt from example?

Snaffler
09-06-2010, 05:35 PM
rossi was due for new leathers anyways.
coz he dont fall off enough, he was wearing holes in sted of shredding.

fimpBIKES
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
question about his leathers, do they come down over his boot or something?
been wondering about that for a few years now...

DiscoDan
10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes they do, some sort of fashion statement he started a while ago that's caught on a little but (I think Dianese make a suite with over boot legs)

lurch
10-06-2010, 01:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by ACTAngler

I'd love to see Colin Edwards win his first race before retiring. I've always admired him as a rider and a person.

+1. As much as I'd love to see an Aussie at the top I've always liked Edwards' attitude. If memory serves me correctly he was born here anyway.