PDA

View Full Version : ZZR250 For Sale

RUSS M8
05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi guys, I have this ZZR250 taking up space. I got it about 6 months ago cheap, so I could do it up and sell it. Deano even emailed me and wanted to buy it, but a mate got in first...
Anyways, when I sold it I wanted to tune it up and get it running nice, then I found the LH spark plug thread stripped...
It was gonna take a few weeks to fix, so my mate went and bought another one...

Anyways... Long story short, I got this bike when I was between jobs, to make a bit of money to keep my going. Now, I have a 8am-6pm six day/week job, and I have no time to play bike mechanic at home.

I have removed the head, heli-coiled the spark plug thread, bolted the head back on to do a leakage test, and that's as far as I've got.

When I pulled it apart it did start and run, just didn't idle real well, which was possibly coz the LH spark plug was just sitting in the thread...

Anyways, it's in bits at the moment, but it's all there for someone with more time to put together.

The fairings are all bashed up, but it looks pretty sound, although tyres and brake pads will need replacing soon. Bike was rego'd when I got it, obviously that has lapsed, but it will re-rego with a blue slip.

Anyways, I could make myself some money (which I really could use), but I just don't have any time to get it done...

Any offers? (sorry, the photo is before I stripped the head,
currently has no intake/exhaust/tank/fairings fitted)
Bike is located on Sydney's North Shore.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1275773545.jpg