PDA

View Full Version : CHALLENGE FOR THE TRUTH RIDE.......UMCNSW Sanction

kev@vcm
04-06-2010, 12:29 PM
hey guys i have posted up some details of an event happening in sydney , i am a MCC (motorcycle cycle council member)and this topic i have posted up affects not just me but all bike riders not just majior clubs or affiliations but the single rider or the group of mates catching up to go for a ride .

Attention, all Motor Cycle Clubs, Car & Hot Rod Clubs, Trade Unions, and any Organisation which have an interest in the draconian ‘anti-association laws’ currently being imposed by the NSW Government.

The UMCNSW is about to embark on a nine month campaign to raise public awareness of dangerous elements of the Crimes (Criminal Organisations Control) Act 2009 and to have these issues debated publicly before the 2011 state election in March.

The first event will be the “Challenge for the Truth Ride” to issue a challenge to politicians and high ranking police officers to publicly debate the act.

Guest Speakers are:-

Ferret - Spokesman for UMCNSW
Maca - Vietnam Veterans MC
Wayne Baffsky - Barrister for UMCNSW
David Bernie - Vice President of the NSW Council for Civil Liberties
Your club/organisation is encouraged to participate in the event, which will be held on Saturday the 5th of June. Riders / drivers will gather on Hickson Rd., Barangaroo between 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM before proceeding to Parliament House where speakers will summarise the problems with the Act and formally issue the challenge.

Why should your club participate?

We know from politician’s statements that the reason for the Act is to “rid the streets of (so called) outlaw motorcycle gangs”. This may be the present government’s intention, but the act encompasses any group of three or more people. Once the 20 or so easily targeted patch wearing clubs have been declared under the act, who will be next.

Future targets could be Trade Unions, non main stream religious groups, Martial Arts clubs, social motorcycle clubs and car clubs.

http://www.umcnsw.org/index.php?option=c...Itemid=100

bluemk1
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
personally i think the mcc have bigger issues to deal with than this.

kev@vcm
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
yeah your right there but this law the gov is trying to pass will affect all riders , im not at any time deffending the MCC im just putting the word out there for all bike riders ,

El_Hefty
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
i dont think it will affect all riders its aimed squarly at the outlaw clubs and their criminal activities and i for one dont give a shit.

If it did ever get to the point that they went after law abiding citizens as you propose i think then it might just be worthwhile fighting for, for the intended target here, no thanks

Loki
06-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Got caught up in one of the "stings" on the UMC ride departing Goodna last year. Cops of all kinds everywhere, taking all kinds of irrelevant details and video footage of everyone attending. Then followed and watched all the way out to Glamorganvale. Yay, now I'm probably a "known associate" or something in a database that I'm not all that keen on being in.

In the end, I figured it just wasn't worth any of the hassle. Cops seem to be harassing bikes generally lately, particularly if you're out in a group, so didn't see much point in making it any easier for them. About the only good thing that came of it was I got my ugy mug on all the TV channels that night :)

So thanks for the info, and good luck with it all. There's a thumbs up from me, but while everyone at these rides are padding out the police dossiers for who-knows-what reasons and keeping the cops busy, I'll be out in the twisties taking advantage of the situation :) More power to anyone who is willing to stick it to the system, including the UMC, but I personally I couldn't be bothered...

sharky
06-06-2010, 05:39 PM
quote:but I personally I couldn't be bothered...
Aah...APATHY the politicians best friend......
WAKE THE FUK UP.
The point is there are already enough laws in place to arrest/prosecute anyone that they want to....
Are the authorities expecting us to believe that just 'cos these guys ride bikes they cannot find a law to get them with if they feel they need ?
What if they were all driving commondores....would they need new laws or just enforce the current ones...
The laws they are bringing in do not stipulate that they are 'anti-bikie laws' They can be used against anyone....
We all know the poli's hate bikes in general so how about supporting a group that has the balls to go up against them....
When you are legislated off the road you will be saying 'I wish I had been bothered'.

evilkarl
06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Well said Sharky
+1

Zooks
06-06-2010, 06:24 PM
http://pastorron7.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/end.jpg

sharky
06-06-2010, 06:32 PM
quote:If it did ever get to the point that they went after law abiding citizens as you propose i think then it might just be worthwhile fighting for, for the intended target here, no thanks

This is the other point...you may well be 100% law abiding BUT if you are part of a recognised group/club etc and some of them are deemed to be law breakers you will be seen to be guilty by association.

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky
When you are legislated off the road you will be saying 'I wish I had been bothered'.

That is one hell of a long bow you have just drawn...
From outlawing motorcycle gangs with known and proven links to organised crime and banning bikes. Please.
It is that kind of nonsense that these groups are clinging to in an attempt to maintain their illegal ways of life.

Weaselman
06-06-2010, 08:02 PM
hey i get treated like shit by the cops because i choose to wear a vest with patches on it ASF being the formost.
Police will target riders ad nausium. For how you look first not who your involved with.

And your average punk arse cop will see your ASF patch and not knowing his arse from his elbow want to hassle you about it. It HAS happened to me and it WILL happen to us if we congrigate with a common patch.
And its the same ol story. If you give them an inch they will take a fucking mile. So outlaws or not making a noise over it makes sence to me

sharky
06-06-2010, 08:03 PM
What I am saying Dan is that by doing nothing to opppose this we are rolling over and allowing them to bring in whatever laws they see fit....
As for legislating bikes of the road....Trim down you rear mudguard...illegal mod...hoon laws apply...3 strikes lose ya bike...

quote:It is that kind of nonsense that these groups are clinging to in an attempt to maintain their illegal ways of life.

But then I guess you're an expert on bike clubs as well now....

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM

But then I guess you're an expert on bike clubs as well now....

And what club did you write your thesis on?

sharky
06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
10 year patch member in the uk.

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, that is one for the résumé.

sharky
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
:) Personal experience and fact versus....well nothing really...

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
fact

Haha

All I have seen is vague assumptions which add up to, nothing really...

sharky
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
At least read what I write...

quote:Personal experience and fact
ie my own personal experiences in the uk of police/clubs etc..

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Have they banned motorcycles in the UK?

sharky
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I give up....rational discussion is obviously useless.......

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 08:38 PM
APATHY!

sharky
06-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Not at all...I'm supporting those that are fighting for OUR rights.
All my life I have protested against what I believed was wrong...
And to think I could have just sat my pc and whinged about it...

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Lets not pretend for a moment that any of this has anything to do with riding motorcycles.
Not one of my rights will be eroded by any of this legislation, so why would I bother to "fight" against it?
Criminal behaviour is the issue here and as somebody that in no way partakes in said behaviour (nor associates with people likewise involved) I have absolutely no interest in how it is dealt with by the relevant authorities.
I am not the one whinging here, I am merely pointing out that this is a campaign based on nothing more than scare-mongering and baseless assumptions.

sharky
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Well I bow to your obviously vastly superior knowledge of the laws and bikie clubs in general.

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Did I miss the part where you posted up your law degree?

sharky
06-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I have been there and done it...you have googled it.
Nuff said,
Goodnight.

Cruisecontrol
06-06-2010, 09:14 PM
I have been there and done it...you have googled it.

Haha that would have worked better if you had said it standing on a windswept hill, looking west into the setting sun...

sharky
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
You can have the last post on this now Dan.....
I just cannot be bothered trying to reason with you....

Weaselman
06-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Christ lads each to their own. Argueing the point on a forum is fine but in this case just agree to disagree.

Sharky was a patch wearer your not cruise I was a nom with the rebels a while back but it still comes down to personal choice. Just let it lay if you cant agree as apposed to taking pot shots at each other.

Zooks
07-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I also tend to think that this issue is 10% fact and 90% conspiracy theory.

I too am a radical that fights for all sorts of things. From trade union rallies to stopping country town hospitals from closing I'll admit to being quite political and a bit of a 'lefty scallywag'. I must admit though, this one is not one that bothers me too much.

I always keep my eye on this kind of legislation but I don't believe they're 'out to get us' or that the rest of the world thinks that all motorcyclists are scumbags.

I worry about draconian laws like every one else but I also dislike 1%ers as I've met very few of them that I'd piss on if they were on fire. The word 'outlaw' by its very definition means outside the law. Most of us can stay within the law the vast majority of the time, why can't they?

Loki
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I see your point, Sharky :"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Thing is, I also reckon good men may also be consuming their time with any and every cause, regardless of worth, at the expense of other more worthy pursuits. It's a matter of choosing the battles to fight wisely. You already know my choice at this point in time..

As I said in my original post, good on the UMC for fighting for something they believe in. I don't disagree with them, or their predictions of the potential ramifications of the act. But I have different priorities and things I reckon are worth the effort. As far as this issue goes, Sorry I'm not more of a "Chef Guevara" <--- geddit? :)

To be honest, it's great to see everyone posting is actually thinking about the issues, irrespective of their final opinion, so thanks, guys! Sounds like a subject to discuss over a beer. Who's up for one? :)

Large
07-06-2010, 10:22 PM
The problem with the UMCNSW, is that now they're in trouble for doing silly things in front of the public, they want a united front...

Try and turn up to one of their runs or their place with a jappa and see how well you go.

sharky
07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
My understanding was that it is a return to the old school ways...problems dealt with man to man, not in front of wives,kids, public etc.
Showing a united front is just the old' the enemy of my enemy is my friend'..the poli's are going after them all...by uniting and forming the UMC they are a stronger force.
I for one support their actions...I know from experience that rival clubs are able to set aside their differences when it is the right thing to do..
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...but at least base them on fact not heresay/google or what the gov/press tells you.