PDA

View Full Version : shifty online store

336LJ
30-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Okay so I go to buy something from the states, on what appears to be an established website.. I tried to enter my credit card info. get an error (That actually translates to my bank denying it) first time that has ever happened,
then I get an email from the guys at the website suggesting to do the transaction manually, I thought that would have meant just them re submitting the info that was sent to them instead of it being automated.
Then they want me to send them SCANS - of the front and back of my fucking credit card! NO WAY!
I just tried to use the auto checkout thing again, and select paypal as a payment option but no go..

Sound dodgy or what!

Yamie
31-05-2010, 05:22 AM
What's the site Luke?

336LJ
31-05-2010, 05:32 AM
http://www.responderpse.com/

Yamie
31-05-2010, 06:17 AM
I have seen them before they have been around for along time. I'll email a couple of company's I deal with over there and see what they say. Some of the big place's wont use oversea's cc cards because they get kickbacks from paypal
and paypal sucks

Yamie
31-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Sorry forgot to say some websites aren't set up to take oversea's cc card's

sharky
31-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Whats wrong with paypal Yamie ?
When stuff I have bought from ebay hasn't turned up or is not as described I have always been succesfull getting a refund and when dodgy buyers claim their item never arrived I submit the reg. post info to paypal and their claim is dismissed.
So they take, what is it 2.5% commision...thats $2.50 per $100 sale..I can live with that...

Yamie
31-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry Sharky it's just me yes they will back a bad deal I will give them that, But when you spend a few grand every month they charge you for doing that then the exchange rate is higher than the banks and then they charge you for taking it from there account to yours it then adds up. Sorry its just me

336LJ
01-06-2010, 04:42 AM
I just got a reply to an email I sent them.. regarding wanting to use paypal to make the purchase.

"We normally do not offer paypal for domestic purchases. However, if you would like to use paypal, go ahead and place your order, select paypal and we will send you a paypal link with which you can submit your payment."

pretty sure he meant international, and it says nothing about paypal except they add a fee to it to cover them for the paypal fees..

I'm thinking about calling them to double check I'm actually getting the emails from them and not someone who has hijacked their website

336LJ
02-06-2010, 01:51 AM
hmm well I rang these guys, and they were actually legit. got the issue sorted. fuck that phone call is going to cost me tho. - probably as much as what I bought!
Actually a helpful bunch of people, but I'm still not sure about the whole sending scans thing... oh well.

Yamie
02-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Just go to paypal and click on send money type in the email address and the moneies sent to there paypal account

sharky
02-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't trust their 'link' that can be faked. Ask for their paypal address as Yamie says and go via the official site. If they are legit they have nothing to hide and you know you will have paypal back up.

JackTar
02-06-2010, 11:11 AM
What are you trying to do turn your Torana into a cop car?

336LJ
02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

What are you trying to do turn your Torana into a cop car?

MAYBE I AM!... with all this 2012 shit.. I want to be the first one out there in leather shooting mo hawk adorning gimps in the face with a 12ga .lol.
I had to buy something stupid and shiney, I'll show youz when its here, I wouldn't think customs would be too happy about a police light bar being sent over

I just rang them to check they were actually the people that were contacting me, apparently you are supposed to take it on good faith that they are going to destroy your personal/credit card details.