PDA

View Full Version : Stoner has already decided to go

rod185651
29-05-2010, 09:41 AM
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/160031/1/stoner_has_already_decided_to_go_fears_ducati.html

Looks like the silly season has started already

RevHead
29-05-2010, 10:19 AM
bout time stoner got on a jap bike ,watch him win the next championship now

Hillsy
29-05-2010, 10:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

He didn't quite set the world on fire when he was on a Honda a few years back....

Tony OW31
29-05-2010, 11:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

He didn't quite set the world on fire when he was on a Honda a few years back....

That was his first year on a motogp bike, and a 990 as well, a lot harder to ride than the 800's

2ndclasscitizen
29-05-2010, 11:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

That was his first year on a motogp bike, and a 990 as well, a lot harder to ride than the 800's

Satellite bike as well.

Hillsy
29-05-2010, 11:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by 2ndclasscitizen

Satellite bike as well.

Yep - all true.

But Hayden was a front runner for Honda, moved to Ducati and became a back marker. Stoner went from a back marker for Honda to a world champ for Ducati.

Just saying don't expect the guy to blitz everyone with a change of brand, because it probably ain't gonna happen.

nick76
29-05-2010, 02:15 PM
If Casey can ride the bike the way he does,and win a championship on it,which no one else has come close to doing yet,he shoulddn't have a problem getting up to pace on something everyone else can ride!!!

rod185651
29-05-2010, 02:59 PM

quote:Originally posted by 2ndclasscitizen

Satellite bike as well.

Yep - all true.

But Hayden was a front runner for Honda, moved to Ducati and became a back marker. Stoner went from a back marker for Honda to a world champ for Ducati.

Just saying don't expect the guy to blitz everyone with a change of brand, because it probably ain't gonna happen.

My memory isn't that good, but didn't Stoner have a reputation for being a "crasher" when he rode for Honda?

nick76
29-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Yep,he was a crasher,but as Doohan says,"It's easier to make a fast rider not crash,than make a slow non crasher,fast!!!"
Everyone shitcanned him after the year on a Honda,Ducati shocks everyone by signing him up,then he goes on to blitz everyone and win the Title!!
He's nearly on par with Rossi in the 800 era,no one else has come close!!

Here is a clip for those not familiar with his work,

http://mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2010/Stoner_2009_Island_Turn3.wmv

rod185651
29-05-2010, 04:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

Yep,he was a crasher,but as Doohan says,"It's easier to make a fast rider not crash,than make a slow non crasher,fast!!!"

I like that quote.
Maybe Honda will promote Randy De Puniet to the factory team also.

Deano
29-05-2010, 04:50 PM
he was on michy's back when he was on the lcr honda. they couldn't get the front end right witch is why he always crashed mid corner. going to ducati ment he got the bridgestone tyre.

either way he will be a top 4 finisher

gibbo
29-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Fuck Honda, he needs to get on a Yamaha I reckon. Lorenzo is looking pretty bloody fast, just needs to stay on the thing!

Large
29-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Adrianna needs to get rid of the blue waffle and Casey will start winning again

Weaselman
29-05-2010, 06:06 PM
ROFL
Go rossi

ALBI
29-05-2010, 07:44 PM
well in that case i should ride for ducati should make a good rider out of me!!

Redmohawk
29-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm hearing you there Large what is it with her ? She always looks pissed in the pits ! Got a bad case of Blue waffle or something else ?
I mean travel the world screw a bloke that don't look like a hat full of broken assholes and do as you please , worst case blow him off get a devorce and kick back on the cash ! Whats with the I've just copped a wiff of my blue waffle look on her face all the time?

ashcook
29-05-2010, 11:04 PM
I saw the pair of them at Toronto in Newcastle in Feb. He was having a great old time walking along after cruising around on a hyper. She was lingering about 5m behind with that same look on her face, not happy and wishing she were with her mum.

Nudie
30-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I can make her smile (Or not. But i'll put my feelings aside to try)[:p]