PDA

View Full Version : Pit bike TDRPRO 150

Nudie
28-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if these are OK or not. I just bought one on fleabay (beer and ebay acc, doh!) and dont have any experience with these li'l things. They rate them for up to 120kgs and I just scrape in under that (not that i'll be jumping the fucker, i'm not Maddo). Probly just take the kids out to a paddock somewhere and rip rear mudgaurd off it trying to show 'em what an awesome whoooooly king I am (or not!)

Anyone?

Weaselman
28-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Seeing as youve admitted its for you and not the kids it cant end well anyway. Ive seen how you ride

Large
28-05-2010, 09:06 PM
If you have a good job paying good super, I recommend you ring up asap and change your status from blue collar smoker to white collar non smoker.

It wont help you ever walk again...but your kids may live in luxury for a year or four

Nudie
28-05-2010, 09:11 PM
ohh, what have I done??

Redmohawk
29-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Pit bike + Large grown man = broken bits on both bike and man lol

Large
29-05-2010, 11:23 AM
What ^^^ said.

I've seen a few pretty graphic injuries caused by pitbikes hereabouts.

Broken legs, stitches, bad sprains etc.

Something about being so low to the ground giving the riders extra confidence.

Billy Bob
29-05-2010, 12:36 PM
That, a few beers and "look at me" show off factor.
had a mate do the same thing come off broke four ribs
and while he was lying on the ground coppers pulled up
and he lost his licence for three years, D,U,Y no rego
or insurance,the next door neighbours had dobbed him in.
his missus not happy,pregnant with his first child, lost his job.
he told me he will never jump on one again.

Nudie
29-05-2010, 05:54 PM
mmmmm, may have to work out how to lock it in first. That way, coming off will be at a lower pace!

kevkatana
29-05-2010, 06:27 PM
All good fun...till someone looses an eye, or testicle[:0]

Large
29-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Seriously though. Give it a good check over when you get it. Check everything is adjusted right and tight, maybe put a drop of locktite on the important bits. Then after it falls apart, you can drop the moteur into a kart chassis for even more shits and giggles.

And if the kids are having a go, insist on at least helmet/gloves/long sleeve flanno/jeans to minimise the scaring

Redmohawk
29-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Thats it i just got one going for a lady friends son , he putted around on it in first and second , once he'd had enough he said well you fixed it have a go. I'm used to riding old XR250's and shit like that . This thing was a toy with a 125 four stroke so though Pfft i'll ring its neck and go nowhere. Like fuck ! 1st was just silly front wheel up everywhere 2nd not much better 3rd was better behaved but easy enough to get up with my fat ass hanging off this little wepon , 4th was ok but i was doing at least 80 on ruff ground and i could reach down and touch it .

Two weeks later a mate (sober as a judge) jumped on one and took it for a spin in a flat padock didnt walk or ride back after 10 min so we went to get him, Broken leg and sholder, hit a little check bank about 6 inches high didnt see it wasnt ready. Bike is messed up but kixable he is off work with a compund facture of left leg lol

angrypom
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
i sell these bikes at my work. they are good for fuckin around on. the quality is not as a good as a jap bike but for the price who cares. just go over all nut and bolt when you get most we get do need a tweak. happy wheelies.

Nudie
01-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Not sure weather i'm excited about the arrival of this thing or a little scared!
Oh well, time to stop squatting for a piss I guess.

Nudie
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, picked it up today and began assembly. I wasnt aware how poor Chinese quality control is! A lot of bolt holes dont line up, stickers dont stick and the instructions aren't helpful!
It runs! And it sounds meaty. I just hope it's still running by the end of the week'
Seriously though, they are cheap for a reason (probably preaching to the converted here) and should (I guess) be treated as such.
I cant help thinking that it would be OK as a motard (while the motor still runs) because I wouldnt like to jump it (well, landing it would be the iffy part)

Redmohawk
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
First thing make sure you empty what ever crap oil it had in it out asap and put in some good stuff , alot are shiped with fish oil in em!

Nudie
12-06-2010, 10:05 PM
That will explain why I keep getting hungry each time I smell the exhaust fumes! hahahaha
Sticker on the crankcase says Shell. I didnt realise it was short for Seashell!!