PDA

View Full Version : Speeding biker on tape.... 140mph.

HOS
26-05-2010, 09:51 PM
In Margate, Kent. Fair cop ?
What do you think?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8704489.stm

Swordsy
26-05-2010, 10:57 PM
If was really that bad to go 140mph, why was the cop allowed to? The only actual speed they got was the cops bike.

Jup
27-05-2010, 04:55 AM
I think it's possible that the limit was 60mph given the speed of the vehicles being overtaken and how the rider slowed down before passing under bridges where a speed camera might be hidden.

I think it's clear that the rider was exceeding 80mph on several occasions.

I think it's a bit stiff to say "140mph" as that was only the speed the cop had to reach when catching up to the rider.

I think that by the time the rider hit those kinds of speeds he was under the impression that the following rider was "egging him on" by matching his riding style and abruptly racing up on him whenever he slowed.

And now my brain hurts from all that thinking...

80s freak
27-05-2010, 06:52 AM
And the public precption is of two hooning motorcycles not one. At what point did the unmarked copper bust the rider and reduce the risk to fellow road users.

RevHead
27-05-2010, 07:45 AM
i think the cop on the bike is at fault behind him who said he could do 240ks as well as soon as the rider exceeded 100ks he should have been stopped ,,its another examlpe of a cop being a cock,i,l wait till he does 240ks before i stop him ,i hate cunts like that ,,cops are cocks ,its the law cops arnt above it they must obey the same shit as us

Hagarr
27-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Other than speeding what road rules did he break?

Was he Drunk,unlicensed,unlicensed vehicle,wanted for questioning over a murder,violence restraining order,driving through a red light, Etc Etc Etc.

You get the picture!

Fucktards!

slickncghia
27-05-2010, 11:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

At what point did the unmarked copper bust the rider and reduce the risk to fellow road users.

and thats it!!!

if he was interested in protecting people he wouldve pulled him over at the start when he did 90mph.

but he let it go on and on to see how big a fine / penalty he could get him for.

what if he had crashed and hurt someone?

Cruisecontrol
27-05-2010, 01:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

Other than speeding what road rules did he break?

I am pretty sure wheelies are illegal in the UK too.

Hagarr
27-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Oops missed that!!

Here as well dammit!

HOS
28-05-2010, 03:02 AM
I think it was a fair cop for speeding, however the cop could have pulled him almost straight away and not pushed him on to much higher speeds.

Cops seem to want to wait and see or even push you, to see how fast you will go after already clocking you speeding.
As happened to me in 2007 and ended up racing an unmarked WRX Subura Imprezza turbo for 3 miles. [xx(]

Which in my view is wrong, they should pull you before you have the opportunity to give it a large one.

I get the feeling its a cop bike in plain wrappers in the vid.

RevHead
29-05-2010, 08:13 PM
as i said cops r cocks,

stackas
23-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I knew a bloke who was followed for a few ks so the cop could book him for a number of things. He took it to court and won. Judge said that he should have been pulled over for not indicating at the begining and that the cop failed to make the road safe by not doing something about it.
Thats one reason why I hate under cover cop cars. A marked car would be seen and responded to by hundreds more drivers every hour.

Mister.X
28-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Maggot!