PDA

View Full Version : Fuel probs

damo1
05-02-2007, 07:19 AM
My bikes got the same prob as before (ethonol fuel)
but this time i didnt use it.

It feels like its running out of fuel twist the tap to reserve and then it starts playing up idleing fine but under load it breaks down like its on 2 cyl again i filled it up but the problem didnt go away this time.

Im thinking maybe Fuel filter/plugs/fuel tap/fuel pump any ideas of what it may be???????

And yes i know its because its a Honda so burn but im not at that stage yet.

megareg
05-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Can the fuel cap breath??

TurboKat
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Sounds like a blocked fueltap or filter Damo, also, pull the tank off & flush the thing well, you could've got a load of contaminated fuel. Drain the carb bowls as well mate, then all should be kosher.

damo1
05-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah the caps cool.

Cheers Daz ill try that first.

zx12argh
05-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I've had fuel issues a couple of times... What finally seemed to work for me is to drop 250ml of metho into the tank. Water mixes with metho and it can safely burn off. I then ran a injector cleaner and octane booster to try burn some of the carbon out of the cylinders - stayed in first a lot and tried to get the engine hot and working hard.

Haven't had a problem since.

scotty mac
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
i might give the metho a shot 2. all the rain we've had i've
got a bit of water in the tank :(i think? how would rc car fuel go(nitro):D:D:D?

Tone
05-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Just out of interest Damo,where'd you buy the fuel (second lot)?

damo1
05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
The ethonol was from frenchs forest ethonol Australia on warringah road

And the last lot of fuel was from the caltex on forest way across from the fountain on the mountain
(Belrose pub)but i had a tank full before this one and every thing was sweet.

Right what ive done this arvo was this

*had the tank off about seven times

*fuel tap checked ok

*Drained carb bowls checked ok

*pulled plugs checked ok

*fuel pump check ok

*fuel line from tank to filter replaced but there was nothing wrong with it

* breather in the cap checked ok

*fuel filter, are this is where it got interesting it looked clean and it checked out to have good fuel
flow but after six times with the tank off it had to be the filter i went got a torch and had a good look
under the tank with it on the bike and what inoticed was that the filter had colapsed at both ends when in the bike
and the filter element the brass end of it was blocking the inlet for the fuel or letting very little fuel in anyway
obviously enough to idle but not to rev at high revs.

And im guessing with a full tank of fuel its heavy enough to push the fuel through or it was last tank not this one
so cross fingers problem solved.

there is very little space under my tank with the battery and all the electrics from the tail down there
so im guessing it was my fault for jamming every thing in there and the fuel lines were cramed for a good presser free
path.