PDA

View Full Version : Fork Straightening in Melb?

unsane
05-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey guys,

does anyone know of a good fork fixer in melbourne, and have any idea of how much it would cost? Got some 99 usd zx7r forks for free on the weekend, but the fork legs are slightly bent (which is why they were free). Thinking about fixing them up for me geep rx.

Deano
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
bob martings mate.

i have had a couple of set straightened. prepare to pay $110 per lower leg and $140 per upper leg.

they do a great job and have an expetional turn around on their work

good luck

Foxy
05-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Do the do frames as well?

Booster
05-02-2007, 08:13 AM
They do great work :D

TurboKat
05-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Hey Benn, if they're only slightly bent in the sliders (chrome) Craig can do 'em for you.
Bob Martins used to be able to straighten anything but recently they've been knocking back some what I thought were mildly bent USD forks saying the walls are so thin since around the mid 90s that they crease/ding really easy & that they'd rather not attempt them 'coz customers can get really irate when they give 'em their forks back worse than when they dropped them off.
& yes Foxy, they are the biggest frame straighteners in Vic, is your Gixer frame bent?

Foxy
05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat
& yes Foxy, they are the biggest frame straighteners in Vic, is your Gixer frame bent?
I have my suspicions and would rather err on the side of caution. I'll wait till I have welded on new rose joints first then get her checked over.

Deano
05-02-2007, 05:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Foxy

quote:Originally posted by turbokat
I have my suspicions and would rather err on the side of caution. I'll wait till I have welded on new rose joints first then get her checked over.

mate i would just put it together and go for a spin. if it feels fine then don't bother. just my 2 cents. and you will save $380
now you can afford that triple clamps;)

unsane
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the tips fellas. Will get onto it soon, have a few jobs to finsh first for the AFR then will keep cramming in the mods as time allows.

Only the sliders are bent, no creases or kinks in the metal and chrome is in great nick, so will give craig a try first. But good to hear Bob martin has a good rep, have thought about going there for mods a few times.

sharky
05-02-2007, 09:16 PM
They certainly sorted the xjr frame for me. It was bent ,twisted, headstock tucked in....totally fooked....Now its straighter than when it left the factory.