PDA

View Full Version : Two things Part II

WarHound
21-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey
I was wondering a couple of things about my previous post

1. As the bike only seems to get this problem (loosing power and farting for want of a better explanation) either in the rain or when the tank is low .. could it be water in the tank rather than the carbs ?

2. With the forks .. the top tree is down to the frame its the lower one which is too high, we RP7'ed it after we took the bolts out ... and we opened the gap with large screw driver and then tried knocking it down, and tried rolling the bike forward and slamming the brakes.. none of that seemed to make it budge. So I am guessing I am going to need to take the forks completely apart and find someone with a bigger better tool box than I have 8)

Any suggestions appreciated.

sharky
21-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I take you have measured the diameter of the fork legs (with a vernier)at the points that they need to go into the yokes ?

fimpBIKES
21-05-2010, 12:13 PM
the kat stumbles in the rain (feels like its running out of petrol)
i think its either a wet pod-filters thing, or water is getting on the end sparkplug leads

Redmohawk
21-05-2010, 08:02 PM
draining the tank , washing it out with metho, taking the bowls off the carbs flushing metho through fuel line , daring it all and filling with good fuel will solve the possable water thing . Sounds more like a blocked reserve or main filter in your tank for low fuel issues. As for rain i'd guess water on your plugs or real wet pods, I've ridden in the rain heaps of late with pods and havent had an issue but havent left it sitting in the rain (plastic bag when parked) when riding seems to be fine.

Redmohawk
21-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Other thing to look at for low fuel stumbing would be a sticking needle or float in carb more likely the needle i'd bet low fuel less "head/pressure" on needle isn't much but could be it.

21-05-2010, 09:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by WarHound

Hey
I was wondering a couple of things about my previous post

2. With the forks .. the top tree is down to the frame its the lower one which is too high, we RP7'ed it after we took the bolts out ... and we opened the gap with large screw driver and then tried knocking it down, and tried rolling the bike forward and slamming the brakes.. none of that seemed to make it budge.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I've read that 4 times now and it still doesnt make sense mate.

Hagarr
21-05-2010, 09:44 PM
^^^^^ Glad you said that ^^^^^I was scrathin' me head trying to figure it!!

hooligan
21-05-2010, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

the kat stumbles in the rain (feels like its running out of petrol)
i think its either a wet pod-filters thing, or water is getting on the end sparkplug leads

My 711 used to feel like that in the rain, and I used to think it was wet pods.
However, when i was on the bike, my knees were covering the pods, and they weren't getting wet, so i looked at the coils, and they were dripping wet, causing the misfire.
I bought something called wet protect e.motorbike from that bloke that no one likes anymore, and never had a problem again (it's an aerosol waterproofing agent).

21-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I still like him. And its also known as silicone spray.

Jockney Rebel
22-05-2010, 03:07 AM
..or WD 40 lol
hi Dave /chris hows things ?

hooligan
22-05-2010, 07:05 PM
i'm great, and davo's a rude bastard.

Bob
24-05-2010, 09:42 AM
WD40 worked on the Tl when it got wet.