PDA

View Full Version : 3D design project ideas

wackyrider
19-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm currently doing a short course to learn how to use Autodesk inventor for my Solid Modeling class.

As an assignment i have to create an assembly with a minimum of 8 parts (+3 parts from library- nuts/bolts). Was thinking of doing a set of forks and yokes. Nothing to complex, just a basic design.

Does anyone know of where I can find some exploded views pics, preferably with some dimensions. Also need to see how the inner fork tube is retained in the outer fork tube?

latheboy
19-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Just type in fork exploded view in google and see what you get.

I've got a few models you can have (solidworks) but thats not really gonna help you learn.....

You could design a new set of triples and use that as your assey, top clamp, bottom clamp ,two forks (basic solid), axle, bolts etc etc... Then get your clamps made

What do you think of Inventor so far?

fimpBIKES
19-05-2010, 10:37 PM
inventors the goods!
im back using pro engineer now and remembering inventor VERY fondly LOL

i think the triple-clamps would be a lot easier to measure and model

or how about a rear shock? the visible spring will REALLY impress
especially if you set it up right with positional representations ;)

fimpBIKES
19-05-2010, 11:02 PM
hmm, see how complicated forks can get...

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr750f-91-us_model7614/partslist/F++09.html

wackyrider
19-05-2010, 11:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Just type in fork exploded view in google and see what you get.

I've got a few models you can have (solidworks) but thats not really gonna help you learn.....

You could design a new set of triples and use that as your assey, top clamp, bottom clamp ,two forks (basic solid), axle, bolts etc etc... Then get your clamps made

What do you think of Inventor so far?

Loving it so far.

After working on AutoCAD I love this. Just looks so realistic. As I said, the project ain't gonna be anything special as it is due soon. But then I can still have a play after that and make some cool designs

pappas
20-05-2010, 10:21 AM
WR450 Forks

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1274359497.jpg

JackTar
20-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Make a vibrator you will get Dux.

wackyrider
21-05-2010, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Make a vibrator

You'd love that wouldn't you. Outgrown all the one's on the market already?? :D[}:)]

JackTar
21-05-2010, 07:31 PM
There is no good answer to that question.