PDA

View Full Version : single sider on my gsxr

Z Power
19-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen or done the the vfr 800 swingarm conversion on an 02 gsxr 1000. Not sure if i should do the conversion or sell the swingarm. I still have that i brought for my zed, any help or advice would be good.

RevHead
20-05-2010, 07:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Z Power

Just wondering if anyone has seen or done the the vfr 800 swingarm conversion on an 02 gsxr 1000. Not sure if i should do the conversion or sell the swingarm. I still have that i brought for my zed, any help or advice would be good.
hey was wanting to do the same thing to my gsxr100w ,now im im trying to find the rite model swing arwm to suit mine,as ive been told theres a couple of different types of swingers

Fight_fan
20-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Dunno about the 800 arm into a K series Gix, I kno that its a right fuck around to make it work in the slingy frames tho! Jst ask Latheboy!

latheboy
20-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Nothing is hard Mick, its just alot of time.
Look around the US sites there must be a few K gix's around with sssa, tho they a probably 7 meters long:D

Get out the measuring sticks and see how much needs to be removed and then make your mind up.
Difference in lenght of swingers?
Difference in width at the frame?
Shock mount possition?
Weight? If you care about it.

Z Power
20-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys, if i do it it will be with the one i have here. The weight don't bother me Ivan if the bike can lug my ass around a few more kg's will make little difference. The only reason i wanted to do it was i have the swinger and i dont want to waste it, and i think it will look like sex on there