PDA

View Full Version : Ride W/end destination???????

Jazdiver
17-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I am looking at heading off in a couple of weeks with about 6 or 7 mates for a weekends ride. Plan on leaving sat morn from S/E suburbs of Melb, spending the night somewhere worthwhile then coming home. Problem is, I have no idea where. All bikes are 1000's, GSXR's and the like and don't like the super cold mossy roads of the high country this time of year. Prefer to stay and party at a pub that can accomodate us and would appreciate our business. None of us have been away on our bikes before as we are only down the road from the Island so we commute down and back for events. Thinking Rawson Pub, Great Ocean Road, Lakes Entrance etc but need a pretty good loop to fill in a day and this I don't know about. Also, prefer to stay off the heavily policed highway's where possible as most of us don't have too many points left. Any genuine ideas will be appreciated, especially if you have done something like this before and can recomend a good touring weekend for 7 sportsbikes that have never gone further than a 100km from our garages. Thanks.

BANDITROD
17-05-2010, 11:06 PM
ride down the ocean road and then head to the grampians and stay at halls gap there are some good roads on the way there and halls gap is right in the middle of some rippers and not to much cop presence it would be ideal for you lot and plenty of skirt for the single fellas aswell great pubs and even better food

Redmohawk
18-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah sounds like the place to go for a first time bandit or if you want something inland and a little quieter on the weekend kevington pub in the hills is an option , lots of twisty stuff is up in the hills but not silly high nice relaxed pub with mostly locals , few cops, take back roads throught the hills from melb area the whole way and back if you want.

Mishdog20
18-05-2010, 04:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

ride down the ocean road and then head to the grampians and stay at halls gap there are some good roads on the way there and halls gap is right in the middle of some rippers and not to much cop presence it would be ideal for you lot and plenty of skirt for the single fellas aswell great pubs and even better food

If they make it the weekend of the 19th of June up our way, i'm sure we can even provide some entertainment;):D

yoda
18-05-2010, 07:16 PM
what rod said is the go mate, and just get a cabin at the caravan park in halls gap.

just take it easy on the gt ocean rd(its all 80ks now, and policed pretty well)
and make sure you put the dates up on here, sure there would be a few people along the way to have a bit of a scoot with.

BANDITROD
18-05-2010, 07:30 PM
put the dates up but dont put down your exact route .......to many unsuspecting eyes these days

Jazdiver
18-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Allrighty then. Sorrento ferry across to Queenscliff then great Ocean Road, turn off somewhere to head inland to Halls Gap, get pissed, try to locate a late night kebab, spend the night, breaky, back on the road, Ararat, Ballarat, suburban hell and then home. Sounds like a plan. Is the first day distances achievable on extremelly uncomfortable bikes? Is there accomodation for bike people at Halls Gap pub? Sounds like the go, thanks all for the input. Will come back with dates once we all lock in commitments. Ta.

timbo
18-05-2010, 09:25 PM
The caravan park in the middle of Halls Gap has some nice cabins at a reasonable price, just watch out for the roos and there might be some big drunk bloke trying to ride them at 2am

Jazdiver
18-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Mite have to give that a go then. As long as it is staggering distance to the pub...lol.

timbo
18-05-2010, 09:56 PM
There is one just across the road

BANDITROD
18-05-2010, 10:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

The caravan park in the middle of Halls Gap has some nice cabins at a reasonable price, just watch out for the roos and there might be some big drunk bloke trying to ride them at 2am
hahahahahaha i forgot about that ...i almost had the bastard too