PDA

View Full Version : Selling unregistered bike question

suxukifreak
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Ive got a guy that wants to buy my Kat and he is in Perth.
I'm selling it as is (no reg or roadworthy) and he says he wants transfer papers. I didnt think they were needed unless the bike was regestered.

Any one more clued up than me? :)

jakam04
01-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Ive sold a vehicle that wasnt registered and all I did was write up a reciept that described all vin numbers etc, previous rego and also yours and his details and that at least gives the RTA type organisation something to work with. After a certain time of being unregistered, you dont need previous rego papers.

Jarrod

ozkat
01-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Just fill in the transfer papers if it makes him happy.

sharky
01-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Same here. Vicroads had a photocopied form they had prepared just for this purpose.
It had..
Seller details.... Name, address, signature and Licence No.
Vehicle details.... Model, year, VIN/Chassis No., Engine No. and last known registration no.
Buyer details ....Name ,Address, licence no. and sale price.
Additional comments section ...such as "Sold as seen, Unregistered,tried and tested by buyer, no warranty given or implied"

suxukifreak
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Bugger, i was just down at Main roads yesterday :(

Thanks guys. :)

ozkat
01-02-2007, 04:28 PM
You can download them and print them out Des.

zx12argh
01-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I've just sold my mini to my brother in WA - the car was unregiestered for 3 years. For WA rego I have to prove that as the seller I own the vehicle - usually rego papers suffice - I haven't got anything after so long now.

To sort it out I have to go to QLD Transport and they can print out for me a copy of who the rego was under last and that should be good enough.

Did that make sense - fuck its late in the arvo.

DaveK5
01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
You can also do an online revs check and hand it over with the sale..

dazz
01-02-2007, 09:12 PM
rego papres don't prove ownership.

all that is required is a reciept stating all vehicle details,your details and that it is sold as an unregistered vehicle. Done this from NSW to Qld several times and once to Beckingham? WA and never had a problem