PDA

View Full Version : Sky Diving

15-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Anyone into this adrenalin sport? Got my 1st taste of it today,and i'm so addicted now.Got a few mates who operate a drop zone up here in QLD. Free fallin from 14000 ft at 200km/h,then pullin the chute at 1000 ft with less than 6 seconds under open canopy.FUCK YEAH,i'm swappin me gsxr turbo project for a chute.Woohoo[:0] Madest fuckin sport on earth:D

Gitzy
15-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Got a mate here in Newcastle who's obsessed, got all the trickery, wing suit etc 300+ jumps i think.. loves it, can't say i've done it but i'm keen..

renegade
15-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yep, went for my first tandem jump last year. Planning on going and doing my A licence at the end of the year if i can get the funds together.
My uncle used to be an instructor, and my old man did a few jumps as well in his younger days.

Weaselman
15-05-2010, 09:12 PM
used to jump almost every weekend at camden and picton here in sydney.

Russssssssssssh

BANDITROD
15-05-2010, 09:21 PM
i have always wanted to do it but never realy had a chance

336LJ
16-05-2010, 02:10 AM
I did 6 static line jumps at Ramblers as a kid in cadets (4th jump the caribena came out of the plane with me and my chute opened by pure magic)

Just did a tandem skydive from 14,000 I think in october - I had a BAD curry the night before too - so I let rip in the plane on the way up and it absolutely killed. but no one said a word incase it was the old lady who was there with us AHAaaaaa.
I was so worked up thinking about how rough and disorienting static line jumps are I thought the tandem jump would be worse, but it wasn't I was amazed at how smooth it was, mainly just rolling out of the plane not being turned inside out by a chute pulling you up at top speed and flipping you face up to the sky.. it just felt like being on the bike squidding it up at 200k's, without handle bars or a seat.

Static line was by far - the most brutal. you are up, first time ever, on your own, hanging off the wing of a plane and they tell you to let go - first jump, you fuck up your dead, but I guess thats why they call it the dope rope!

I was always way more nervy on the ground, cause I love flying as soon as the plane got up off the ground I was relaxed as. after the tandem jump I coulda gone to sleep, so chilled after that!

If I had the money right now I'd be straight up to caboolture to get my licence I heard those guys are awesome - it was party time at Ramblers at togoolawah 24/7 when we went - backpackers [8D]

bluemk1
16-05-2010, 05:34 AM
if i could walk out my front door and jump out of a plane then i wouldnt need to ride a bike, seeing as getting to a jump site takes considerable time and effort i continue to ride bikes for my enjoyment. skydiving is still the best thing i have ever done though!

RevHead
16-05-2010, 02:42 PM
always wanted to jump out of a plane ,just never get the time to stop working 360 days a year

Large
16-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone tried this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDBrdl2sZWs

Rumbo
16-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Love it. Had to quit when the kids were born.
More addictive than any drug.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1274069672.jpg

pappas
18-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I just looked up the physics of a skydiver and found that the fastest recorded Terminal Velocity was set in 1960 and was 274m/s or 986.4km/h.

uncle pervy
18-05-2010, 08:02 PM
ahhhh 336LJ that takes me back. must be nearly 25 years since i got in a perfectly good airplane that was landing at the same place it took of and got out halfway. i did 2 static line jumps and 3 accelerated free-fall. thats where you leap out on your own and have 2 blokes guide your arms and legs as you come down. you know i thought bungy jumping was scareier

Rumbo
20-05-2010, 01:31 PM
This is worth a watch. The wingsuits are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhlfz9GQPE&feature=player_embedded