PDA

View Full Version : What's the fastest Street Car over the Mile?

pappas
12-05-2010, 11:57 AM
A FORD!!!! :D 267mph over a mile, a Buggatti Veyron gets just over 200mph.
http://www.gizmag.com/hofman-motorsport-heffner-performance-2006-ford-gt/15055/?utm_source=Gizmag

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1273700948.jpg

Elapid
12-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Fuck, that's quicker than me Hilux.

sen
12-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Bloody love those things.. especially with the TT kits.

There's a bunch of them out there in the US.. so mental.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/Kevins89notch/MustangWeek/mw203.jpg

Swordsy
12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Elapid

Hit him up, he might lend you his motor [:p]

RevHead
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM

im builing a hilux 2wd wit a lexus sc400v8 should be fun when done

bluemk1
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

im builing a hilux 2wd wit a lexus sc400v8 should be fun when done

i have one with a 5.0L in it.
guy coming to look at it tonight so might be going to a new home soon [V]

Redmohawk
12-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Burtha the coaster bus i own has a 302win in it when i get the 5 speed look out land speed trials !

gibbo
12-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I,ve got a hilux that needs a hilux engine, got any spare:(

bluemk1
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

nope that went years ago, and now i dont have a hilux as mine got sold tonight. picking it up next week [V]

pete yours will be a weapon, mine was a little front heavy with all that iron in the front. still went really well for what was essentially a stock injected 5.0L with full exhaust.

no problems with keeping a new gts 317kw lard arse commo honest [}:)]

of and the gt40's would be one of my dream cars!

Bear
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I often wondered how a supercharged Holden V6 would go in a 2wd Lowlux. Anyone done it?

RevHead
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

I often wondered how a supercharged Holden V6 would go in a 2wd Lowlux. Anyone done it?
possibly better then the lexus v8 ive had to cut the fire wall out and the floor hump,my mates got a 4wd 86 sr5 with a v6 supa charged in it with an auto its good ,its a good fit ,just need to fit thermos up front cheers

RevHead
12-05-2010, 08:48 PM

mines a 92 the motor n box was given to the wrecker about 6 weeks ago

RevHead
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

nope that went years ago, and now i dont have a hilux as mine got sold tonight. picking it up next week [V]

pete yours will be a weapon, mine was a little front heavy with all that iron in the front. still went really well for what was essentially a stock injected 5.0L with full exhaust.
yeah the sc400 is quad cam 32 valve 190kws and its all alloy great hey

no problems with keeping a new gts 317kw lard arse commo honest [}:)]

of and the gt40's would be one of my dream cars!

bluemk1
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

quote:Originally posted by Bear

possibly better then the lexus v8 ive had to cut the fire wall out and the floor hump,my mates got a 4wd 86 sr5 with a v6 supa charged in it with an auto its good ,its a good fit ,just need to fit thermos up front cheers

not sure on the dimensions on the lexus donk but would have thought it would be more compact than the holden equivelent.

sure mine was tight but it fit in there with no cutting whatsoever.
as for the 6 vs v8 debate, not sure why you would bother as the amount of work is the same and less power and less torque so i would think not really worth it in the end.

Elapid
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
One of my mates had a supercharged biuik or however you spell it, it was pretty fun to drive apparently. I think he used a toyota super charger. For a sixpot it sounded fucking awesome.

What year Gibbo? My brother has a 3Y in his shed doing nothing. It was running fine when I took it out of the car 7 years ago.

I'd love to put a 5L Windsor/5 speed in mine. I hate not having a v8.

Years ago in Streetmachine some mob in the states had a 4L toyota V8 with a whipple super charger made 1500hp with a stock bottom end.

Kris.

LKC73
12-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Ive had mates stickin all sorts of engines in Hilux's and the like. Lexus V8 has fat heads on them (quad cams), and the V is fair flat too, so they are larger then the holden 5ltr. Others have stuck 2j's and 1j's in theres (inline 6's), I put a VP V6 in mine with the commo gear box, that thing went like stink also.

The GT is one of my fave cars though, maybe one day when i win lotto and some lol

Redmohawk
13-05-2010, 11:11 AM
look up a site called toymods for all your swaps into hilux's a lexus 8 will fit without firewall mods or trans tunnel but it will put the weight to far forward and handel like a bus lol I know this from experiance!!!!! V6 supergharged in vic is a grate swap as its almost a drop in sort of job fits easy as tunnel etc sits way back for good weight balance and plenty of power in hilux chassie. Mate had a 454 in one for a burnout comp put it in over the weekend! wasnt a road going setup but fits ok just sat a bit forward in engine bay was a mean burnout rig and won springnats burnout comp in shep last year.

Redmohawk
13-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Personaly after many many engine swaps in various cars utes and buses i would almost always go with the later model holden v6 into a light ute for fun to dollar value, usally an easy swap very cheap for donor motor and box , aim for a manual 5 speed if you can find em and straight EFI LPG injection ditch the petrol and a small supercharger off a 1gg-gze toyota for great low down grunt with a 4.11 diff standard in alot of toyota hiluxs megga pickup down low great burnout rig with enough control for great drifting , especially in a duel cab (miss that toy big time) 150 kw is easy cheap parts are all over the place at dirt prices. And good highway speeds at good economy just stay away from the autos if you want real fun . If you really want to go silly in it drop a 100 hp nos kit on it and it will go from fun with power to FUCK ME I SHIT MYSELF very fast ! And still live for ages and when you do flog it to death another motor at the wreckers will set you back $500 haha

336LJ
13-05-2010, 01:18 PM
good thing about the holden (sorry 30yo buick) v6's is im pretty sure N/A and supercharged still have the same internals regardless - I pray for the day im in the calais on my own and someone rear ends it with a 4wd - HELLO KB rodeo s/charged v6 swap.
They only blow 6psi from standard but there are pully kits available that can bring that up to 10 - 15psi, pretty sure you can go 10psi without having to worry about intercooling or the valve gear, and considering that they are a shit load lighter narrower, and shorter than a v8 (and less likely to attract cops via noise) I can see why they are a better engine swap. They just tend to produce a repulsive sound
350 chevs are awesome for swaps being that the V is alot narrower than the 308, that or the 1UZ - get a decent hair dryer on one of those things they are over engineered and can take a good 1000hp pounding all day long

All this talk about v8's and all I have to show for it is a pile of junk on my engine builders floor :(

gibbo
13-05-2010, 04:39 PM

One of my mates had a supercharged biuik or however you spell it, it was pretty fun to drive apparently. I think he used a toyota super charger. For a sixpot it sounded fucking awesome.

What year Gibbo? My brother has a 3Y in his shed doing nothing. It was running fine when I took it out of the car 7 years ago.

I'd love to put a 5L Windsor/5 speed in mine. I hate not having a v8.

Years ago in Streetmachine some mob in the states had a 4L toyota V8 with a whipple super charger made 1500hp with a stock bottom end.

Kris.

It,s a 94 model with a 22R motor!

Macca2010
13-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Thats ferking fast how are you supposed to enjoy a cold beer at that speed:D

Elapid
13-05-2010, 05:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Macca2010

Thats ferking fast how are you supposed to enjoy a cold beer at that speed:D

Quickly

336LJ
14-05-2010, 01:11 AM
and coldly.. apparent...ly

mrgixxer
14-05-2010, 01:28 AM
WTF is a HILUX

DiscoDan
14-05-2010, 06:03 AM
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=hilux&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

bluemk1
14-05-2010, 10:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by mrgixxer

WTF is a HILUX

closest thing you guys have is maybe a tacoma?

scrotary
17-05-2010, 06:47 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1274088792.jpg

hilux with a v6 phht, it may not be fast down the quarter but makes a hell of a lot of smoke

RevHead
17-05-2010, 09:26 PM
well id like to see a lexus sc400 in a 2wd witout cutting mine is a 92 2wd and man its tight even after cutting the firewall,im putting the motor behind the steering arm,,drag link to get it to go round corners,,im not worried if i cant get it regoed, i,ll use it for a fun car,i,ll get piccis up tomorrow

LKC73
17-05-2010, 10:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by scrotary

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1274088792.jpg

hilux with a v6 phht, it may not be fast down the quarter but makes a hell of a lot of smoke

Now that looks like fun!

Redmohawk
17-05-2010, 10:24 PM
pete look up toymods you'll see a few lol