PDA

View Full Version : Radial brakes

evad
31-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok, can you guys tell me why radial brakes are better than conventionally mounted? I see that kawasaki went from 6 pot calipers on the zx6 to 4 pot radial, like the front end that Mofo has on his SV.

alfiestorm
31-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I am of the opinion after having used both set ups and some real serious heavy braking that on the road there is bugger all difference apart from the four pot normally mounted calipers had just a tad more feel to them but the radial mounted ones looked better.

If you get a radial front end cheap and want the look then go for it and ya still gonna stop real quick :D

31-01-2007, 06:49 PM
I tend not to use brakes[:X]i only stuck the 05/thou front end on to look good[:p]in all `onesty most people do not require that amount of braking[8D]IF you are smooth enough;)it`s just bling[:X]

Hillsy
31-01-2007, 09:51 PM
There's less flex in the calipers because they bolt through each end of the caliper rather than off a bracket on the side. It's been used in GP for some time and has filtered down to the street (like USD forks). On the street you probably wont notice the difference, but apparently they are good things on the track.

evad
31-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Ok, I found this link, thanks guys
:):):):):):):):)
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/13november02radialbrakes.html