PDA

View Full Version : Shannons Insurance Company

ozkat
30-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Recently as most of you know my garage was broken into and alot of my drag racing gear was stolen (about 15k worth) Shannons were the insurers and i really have to compliment them on the way they handled what happened. Everytime i rang them i got answers and action was taken straight away. Like i said i lost about 15k worth of gear, unfortunatly i was only insured for 10k (totally my fault) but as i found out yesterday they are paying out on the full 10k. For which i was hoping. They were very understanding and who ever i spoke to actually had some idea what i was talking about, unlike another insurer a few years ago when i had a bike stolen (a well known QLD insurer and bank, that treated me like a criminal) Every aspect of dealing with Shannons was greeted with help and compasion, they actually seemed to be concerned with what had happened. Phone calls were returned when they said and emails were answered. I have no problem recomending Shannons as an insurer to anyone. Thankyou Shannons, you now have my insurance needs for life.
Shayne

Gix11
30-01-2007, 10:00 PM
So they came up trumps like you predicted mate. I'm happy to hear that for you, and also glad you recommended them to me, as I am also insured with Shannons and feel secure knowing they are good.

Tony Nitrous
30-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Glad to hear things turned out well"ish",

Both mine are with Shannons too.

Jockney Rebel
30-01-2007, 10:09 PM
thank fuk [for u ] and me my car insured by them!seriously tho glad to hear u got some compo m8 i think ill get the bike done too now

ozkat
30-01-2007, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Glad to hear things turned out well"ish",

Both mine are with Shannons too.
I ended up loosing 5k but i can wear that being my own fault fo being under insured, if id lost the whole 15k+ i doubt if id be riding on the road again within the next 5 years. And a word of advice "KEEP YOUR BLOODY RECIEPTS" for everything you buy, just throw them in a shoe box or something like that, it will make things alot easier if you do have stuff stolen.

geesexar
31-01-2007, 04:37 AM
glad to hear it turned out ok ozcat..a lot of insurance companies are cunts and you have to hassle the shit outta them before anything is done....now waddya gonna do with the cash????

fimpBIKES
31-01-2007, 06:53 AM
good stuff mate

another "bonus" with shannons
is that they let me insure my crappy (but too heavily modified van for NRMA to bother even looking at... "we dont have a 6 cylinder version of that van sir" "i know, its modified" "click*" :D)
as a transport vehicle for getting my TL1000R to the track etc

which means the 2 vehicles (once the TL is on the road) are linked cos they understood that i couldnt use both at once
so it works out HEAPS better than insuring 2 vehicles for 14days a week worth of usage :D

yay shannons!

now if only they would put some REAL riders in their ads
and not dudes with bikes and jackets that look like they are in show-room condition!!

evad
31-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey Oz, glad to hear that it turned out ok, I will be going to Shannons as well I think. Thanks for the feedback :D

deafwish
31-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Shannons are good if your old.
They wont insure me until I'm 25!
Pretty stupid, as they would earn both my STI and my Z1000's insurance.
Guess I'll have to wait!
Good to hear that they are the real deal.

evad
31-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey whats all this old story!!!

ozkat
31-01-2007, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by evad

Not old Dave, WISE. But then again my Mrs reckons i have the mind of a 18yo trapped in the body of a 40+yo. That means i get cheap insurance,and can still act like a teenager :D

papa smurf
31-01-2007, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

quote:Originally posted by evad

Not old Dave, WISE. But then again my Mrs reckons i have the mind of a 18yo trapped in the body of a 40+yo. That means i get cheap insurance,and can still act like a teenager :D

Hey, Michelle says the same thing about me.[:0]
Do you think they might be on to something[?]

megareg
31-01-2007, 07:07 PM
You think you're Robinson Crusoe???? I'll be 52 this year, still think I'm 18..... then I look in the mirror and see this old fart looking back at me.... don't ever grow up.. despite what the missus says!

Oh, and Shannons... looks like they will have my business.

http://reginaldsquiveringmember.com/tincan/cheers203.gif