PDA

View Full Version : fuckin sick of this bike

RevHead
28-04-2010, 07:41 PM
its my 94 gsxr1100wp, ive done stage 3 dyno jet kits,pods,and plugs fuckin everything ,carbs wont balance,take it for a ride its on 3 cylinders then all of a sudden it comes on to 4 cylinder then just as quik its back on 3,then u open it up ,up comes the front wheel and the rear wheel starts to spin then it dropps a cylinder again,its not 1234 it wil drop any cylinder ,this motor has played up like this since i bought it ,the prevous owner spent so much onit ,but i think the motor is fucked,its,only got 40,000 k original, not around the clock,,im fuckin sick of it thinking of pulling out the motor n binning it n buying a 1200 donk,any one in the coffs to port area who i could pay to come and look listen n fix,im a mechanic n im ova it
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272547513.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272495896.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272494869.jpg

timbo
28-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a spark problem to me. Its time to get back to basics and test and eliminate one thing at a time.

kevkatana
28-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Throw those pods in the rubbish and get a set of Dual K&N's. And maybe check the cam timing. A mates GSXR11 was a couple of teeth out and ran like yours.

Deano
28-04-2010, 08:16 PM
i agree those pods are shit. bmc are the only people that make a dual pod for the water cooled model. they are about 150a filter.

if the motor is reasonably stock then with pods 150 mainjet and needles in the factory pro recommended position will get you so close. it should run quite well. i jetted fight fans bike (although not perfect) exactly as above. still a little rich but dosn't do anything like you described.

has it ever ran properly?

check electrics aswell. could be a coil/lead/cap problem. it will be something simple. if the motor has recently been apart theni guess cams and the like could explain it.

get a manual and check the cam position. it is very easy just follow the cam assembly section and it will show the info you need.

has it been on a dyno?

greg mulligan
28-04-2010, 08:42 PM
mate i had a 95 one of these get yourself a dyna 2000, coils and a set of keihin fcr 39-41 prob set you back about $1500 cheaper than getting a 1200 donk and all the bits and they can be a bit of a pain to get fitted in the water cooled frame

Deano
28-04-2010, 09:00 PM
my race bike has the dyna and fcr39 combination and is great.

had std 40mm carbs and std ignitor box before that and was also great

28-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Chuck those pods, they're very restrictive. Dual K&N or BMC pods are the best option.

ECU and heat? Warm it up with a heat gun, same with the coils and ignition pickups.

28-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Ask Deano nicely and he might lend you his carbs and ecu...

80s freak
28-04-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd be heading towards electrics, is it only one cylinder that is cutting out or two? If you have an infra-red thermometer check your exhuast temps when its running on three. then swap the leads around (1-4 or 2-3) and see if the problem changes cylinders.

80s freak
28-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah, and yes dump those pods. They look sucked in to me. I went from a similar style pod to oval K&Ns and got that much more flow I had to rejet. They aren't cheap but they work.

RevHead
28-04-2010, 09:22 PM
ive bought another set of coils tonight online ,,,the bike has always had this cylinder dropping prob since i got it ,wiring is fine ,always check the temp of the header pipe n it changes from 1 to 4 all different,the thing is i dont want to spend $1500 just to find out itsstill the same ,arh the motor hasnt been apart,hey so if i get better pods all should breath better,cheers

Deano
28-04-2010, 09:41 PM
take the filters off all together till you find the problem. not going to make much difference. to the jetting once you put pods back on.

that is how i did my race bike. also means you get to look at what the slide is doing aswell.

28-04-2010, 11:31 PM
You can order the K&N Filters direct from Rocket Industries through your workshop. Big dollar saving.
Part number is: KNRU-2922.

Phone number is (02 ) 8825 1900.

Here's the K&N link: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-2922

Benz
29-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Check to make sure the airbreather hoses to the carbs are clear, not kinked or some mongrel insect hasn't made its nest in there. No air to the bowls means fuel flow is interupted, so the bike will do all sorts of weird, lean, misfiring type shit.
Just a thought.......

Deano
29-04-2010, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

You can order the K&N Filters direct from Rocket Industries through your workshop. Big dollar saving.

check the sizes, you will find that suits oil cooled not water cooled. carb spacing on the water cooled is different on the outer 2 carbs.

RevHead
29-04-2010, 05:26 PM
i started her today,and the slides dont go up or down when you give it a rev and when u rev it, it blows raw fuel out the back of the carbs and theres fuel been blown out of the joins in the exhaust

Deano
29-04-2010, 05:43 PM
depends how bad the raw fuel is expect a light mist that may wet your hand very lightly if you hold it in front of the carb.

you will have to give it a real good rev to get the slides up with no load. they are vaccumm operated so you need good vaccum to get them up.

if saying that if you give it a good quick handful (full throttle) the slides should move. about 1/2 way before the motor hits redline.

i would check the float height first and also basic things like the pilot screws are all the same.

if it is an issue at low revs then you are talking float height and pilot jet problems. the needle and main will have little to no effect at these low revs. those 2 don't really come into full effect till the slides move up as the throttle is wound on.

also run fuel through the carbs without the fuel bowls on and see that the float/needle and seat all work properly.

if you lift the diaphrams with your finger do they move up and down easy? have you checked the diaphrams for tears? are you using the factory pro springs?

29-04-2010, 10:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

check the sizes, you will find that suits oil cooled not water cooled. carb spacing on the water cooled is different on the outer 2 carbs.

Shit. No excuses. I screwed up on the part numbers. Anyway, if you want to go that route, check out the K&N website for the RIGHT numbers.

RevHead
30-04-2010, 08:30 PM
had a mate roll up to my restoration bussiness today ,he used to work for team yamaha in the early 90,he said i need some rust done on my car ,,i said you get my bike soughted,an i,ll paint yur fuckin car lol so next friday its going on fuck yeah ,havent seen the guy in years an he just walks through my door great ,so were swapping work great