PDA

View Full Version : bike value please

alfiestorm
30-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Right then chaps taking into account what has been done to the bike it is all listed below.
What would it cost to replace in Aussie dollars.
The reason I ask is because i am seeking marine insurance quotes for when the bike is shipped across to Australia

1216 wiesco, camotion high lift cams on slotted sprockets dialed in, orient express valve springs, Gas flowed head,APE heavy duty studs and nuts, APE billet camchain tensioner, 38mm mikuni rs smoothbore carbs with k&n filters, pingel dual flow tap, dyna 2000 ignition, dyna coils,taylor leads, quick action throttle grip, barnett kevlar clutch plates, barnet diaphram springs with 1 standard spring. braided clutch line, cobra speed pro ss exhaust, Hel oil cooler and braided lines,braided front brake lines, tokico six pot calipers, ABE contoured discs front and rear,racetech progresive fork springs,sprint steering damper,nitron rear street and track shock. Dont think there is much else apart from 168bhp at the back wheel with more power to follow.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/625810439101886.jpg

Docktor
30-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Doubt ya could find one here that good mate.A average L model here is about 4000 - 6000 for a damn nice one. So plus some trick bits I would have to put 10,000 on it. Feel free to flame hell outta me fellas

Doc

Zed14
30-01-2007, 07:56 AM
if thats as slow as the bikes the poms brought over to phillip island on the weekend then just give it away before you come over and get a faster aussie one when you get here.

Hillsy
30-01-2007, 09:34 AM
You've obviously spent a lot on your Gixxer Alfie and it looks the goods, but if you're looking at selling, you'll probably know that you never get back what you put in.
The reality is something like add up what you've spent on it, and then halve it.

Matt
30-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I dont think he is after a price to sell it, more a cost to replace it for insurance purposes. In which case make it as high as you can without being rediculous. I would be looking at ten-ish to put a rough figure on it.

Hillsy
30-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh yes, just re-read the post.....

Make it $20K if it's for insurance...

quote:Originally posted by Matt

I dont think he is after a price to sell it, more a cost to replace it for insurance purposes. In which case make it as high as you can without being rediculous. I would be looking at ten-ish to put a rough figure on it.

30-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I'd be going with Hillsy.

Deano
30-01-2007, 05:30 PM
definately 20k if you are talking about buying a stocker and performing all those mods over again.
but a good stocker for 5k add 10k or so for a professionally built motor $1500 for new carbs, dosnt leave alot left.

good luck

alfiestorm
30-01-2007, 06:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

if thats as slow as the bikes the poms brought over to phillip island on the weekend then just give it away before you come over and get a faster aussie one when you get here.

Now now Rexie anymore of that fighting talk and i'll ave yer across my kneee for a bare bottom spanking with a spiky stick and whipped cream [:0]:D

It's looking like 20k au$ which is probably about right so I will put 25k on the insurance forms just to be sure unless anybody knows any different. Hope i never need to claim on it tho