PDA

View Full Version : Err.. the UMC issues a press release about patches

sen
27-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I stick to the socially accepted practices on the bike.. I don't wear a back patch, I don't wear ANY patches (unless the Icon patch that came on my jacket counts!), and I don't pretend i'm anything i'm not.. i'm just a dude who likes bikes.. but isn't a public press release dictating what other people can/can't wear a bit ironic for a bunch of people who live their life shunning rules, laws, and "the man"?

The press release:

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272382461.jpg

sharky
27-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Patch clubs have always had these sort of rules in place...and have enforced them too.
It is part of established bike culture that only Outlaw & H.A. type clubs have batch patches with top/bottom rockers.
As most of them are copyright to the club you would also be breaking common law if you copied any part of their design.
You can wear ya Iron Maiden patches or whatever else you like...
They are trying to unite against the common foe...the gov.
Oh and Sen..they have plenty of their own 'rules & laws'

Large
27-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Interesting that they say you can't wear a back patch. I thought it was only the rockers that weren't allowed, as some ulysses members found out

80s freak
27-04-2010, 09:05 PM
It would be interesting to see what the mainstream media would do with this (if anything).

KATO ZX7
27-04-2010, 09:45 PM
So what if....your jacket already comes with patches on it? Front, back and sides??

sen
27-04-2010, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Patch clubs have always had these sort of rules in place...and have enforced them too.
It is part of established bike culture that only Outlaw & H.A. type clubs have batch patches with top/bottom rockers.
As most of them are copyright to the club you would also be breaking common law if you copied any part of their design.
You can wear ya Iron Maiden patches or whatever else you like...
They are trying to unite against the common foe...the gov.
Oh and Sen..they have plenty of their own 'rules & laws'

Yeah copying their patches is obviously stupid and I always knew there were plenty of unspoken rules you abide by as a rider in respect to outlaws etc, I'm
just surprised to see them issue a formal press release type thing dictating those rules out to the general public.

I don't really care either way, I got no urge to patch myself up hehe.. Just seemed odd.

gibbo
27-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Who are the UMCNSW?

Large
27-04-2010, 11:02 PM
unitedmoteurcyclecouncilofnewsouthwales?

hyofighter
27-04-2010, 11:22 PM
how exactly are these back patches so called earned , fuck theres more members in this "club" than most of the small "bikie" club

because we have lots of members that all wear the same shirt "asf" front rear and arms , ride together , drink together , so called hoon together have get togethers pissed up times , do stupid things on bikes , does this make us outlaw or do we need to ride hardleys

this whole anti association law is bullshit , i ride , ill wear what i want ill hang with who ever i want and do what i want this is australia fuck yas

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272411367.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272443627.jpg

end rant

Surt
27-04-2010, 11:33 PM
now u gotta piss on it to make it real dirty mate! [}:)]

gibbo
28-04-2010, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

unitedmoteurcyclecouncilofnewsouthwales?

Thanks for clearing that up.....

sharky
28-04-2010, 07:10 AM
quote:how exactly are these back patches so called earned , fuck theres more members in this "club" than most of the small "bikie" club

because we have lots of members that all wear the same shirt "asf" front rear and arms , ride together , drink together , so called hoon together have get togethers pissed up times , do stupid things on bikes , does this make us outlaw or do we need to ride hardleys

this whole anti association law is bullshit , i ride , ill wear what i want ill hang with who ever i want and do what i want this is australia fuck yas
You have to be invited to join. You spend a few months as a 'hangaround' to see if you fit in.At this point you might get a front patch identifying the club.Then you become a prospect and usually get a lower rocker patch, and after a variable time as a virtual 'slave' where you have to prove your loyallty it comes to a members vote..If all goes well you're in.
As I see it these guys are trying to do something about these laws..by having an uneasy truse between the warring factions and forming an alliance.
In reality the clubs couldn't give a toss about your ASF 'backpatch' its nothing like what they wear. They weren't even bothered about the Ulysses patches until they put rockers on their backs...

sen
28-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Here ya go hyofighter, I designed a new backpatch for you to really stick it to 'em ;)

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272485925.png

El_Hefty
28-04-2010, 10:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by sen

Here ya go hyofighter, I designed a new backpatch for you to really stick it to 'em ;)

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272485925.png

made me lol

go on i dare you ...