PDA

View Full Version : NSW licencing

Lucas
25-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Hopefully someone can clear this up for me (damo1 ;))

Anyways, after years of <s>riding around</s> watching bob ride around without that little 'm' printed in the class section on the licence <s>I've</s> bob has decided its time to get a motorcycle licence and be legal-ish.

A mate recently mentioned that in NSW drivers over 30 can get straight onto their open licence without having to fuck around with L's and P's etc. If this is the case it would be nice and convenient as I'm moving to NSW in a few months and I'm 30 in a few months.

Is my mate or is he the silly stoned fucker he usually appears to be?

ACTAngler
25-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Page 19 of the NSW Motorcycle Riders Handbook:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/motorcycle_riders_handbook.pdf

quote:RIDERS over age 25
Riders over the age of 25 who meet RTA requirements may receive an exemption from the P2 phase. T o be eligible for an exemption from the P2 phase, riders must:
• Be 25 years of age or older when they apply for the unrestricted licence.
• Hold a current A ustralian unrestricted driver licence.
• Have completed a minimum of 12 months on a P1 licence.
• Meet all other licensing requirements.

So looks like you still need to pass the L test then spend at least a year on P1. Call RTA to confirm I guess.

sen
25-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah you still gotta do the tests but only 1yr on P's.

John.R
25-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Restrictions still apply on the 1 year your on Provisionals though. (Under 660cc, At or under 150kw/1000kg

Ross_247
25-04-2010, 07:14 PM
hahah,

yea I know that was the case, if you had a drivers licence you could geta full motorbike licence very easily. they'd make you still complete the "Learners course" and from there you could change straight over without having to complete P's as a "Mature Age" thingy...

Havnt heard this has been changed would have to check it out with
RTA..

StuNVA
25-04-2010, 07:33 PM
June 30th Last year they changed it for mature aged riders, you now need to get your Ls and Ps as stated above. Green Ps are unrestricted cc.

Swordsy
25-04-2010, 10:22 PM
3 months on L's then 1 year on red P's, from there under 25's have to do 2 years of green P's, over 25 go to their full licence after their red P's

bluemk1
26-04-2010, 02:25 AM
let me know if you get a little 'm' printed on your licence as i want to know what it stands for.

the one for your bike is 'r'

RevHead
26-04-2010, 08:17 AM
i lost my nsw licence car n bike some yrs ago,after moving from the a,c,t seems they lost the info??any how,i got my car back n cause i was ova 30 at the time i did the L test ova a saturday n sunday ,then the following weekend did my p,s,&gt;on monday of that week got my full motorcycle licence in n.s.w,,,plus you can ride an 1100 on your L,s cause your ova 30 its pretty cool ,i did

Shadowzone
27-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Just come spend a few days up here in Qld and do Qride. Go straight from being a learnatic to open bike no limit or size restriction.