PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on an eBay scam

OZ750L
24-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Just a heads up to all on a piece of scum who ran a scam classified ad on ebay.

The seller was a bloke named Peter Mashall and the eBay seller name used was bond.peter007 and the ad was for a near new Chinese supplied 20ft shipping container at the Brisbane Port Authority with a price of $1550 and a quoted price for delivery to northside of Bribane of $100.

I "bought" one and was supposed to have it delivered the Monday before Easter and still no show. Couldn't get hold of him on his mobile on the Monday and when I called his head office, they gave me the story that they couldn't get him as his voice mailbox was full.

Couldn't get either him or the office on the Tuesday and then on the Wednesday, no luck either and the office number was disconnected.

I checked with Telstra on the number and they couldn't give me any details or status on it. Go figure.

I have since found out that he burnt another 3 people at least with this same classified ad.

Currently putting in a report on it to the NSW cops fruad unit and getting my bank to follow the money trail.

That's about it.

Hopefully, this will help anyone else avoid the same scam and maybe if anyone runs across this arsehole, they would be kind enough to let me know so I can point the appropriate people in the right direction.

If anyone does pass along info that leads to this scum being picked up, I will post a reward 10% of what I lost.

The company he "works" for is

T.E.S. TRANSPORT PTY LTD
SUITE 17
65 HUME Street
CROWS NEST NSW 2065
Ph: 02 9347 2402
FAX: 02 9347 2402
MOB: 0416 965 145
Website www.testransport.com.au

Bank Details for this lot are:

Account Name: tes transport pty ltd
BSB: 114879
Account Number: 429898781
Ref: 23551

(Mods.... if there is anything wrong with what I have posted here, let me know and I will modify accordingly)

Iceman
24-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I can't see a problem with what you've posted David. You could post his home address and a photo, for all I care. Too many pieces of shit like this get away with ripping people off.

sen
24-04-2010, 10:13 PM
That's fucked.

They're a real company.. If he acted under their name can't you basically go after the company for undelivered goods?

At least threaten them that you'll go to consumer affairs or ASIC or whatever and file complaints against them and maybe they'll put more effort into sorting it out?

OZ750L
24-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Iceman,
If I knew his home address, I'd happily post it and then visit there with a couple of mates in tow to get an explaination or a refund.

Sen,
All shut up shop and dissappeared as far as I can tell. If anyone can check out the address and let me know if they are still there, it would be much appreciated. Just checked the website and it is currently suspended now too. First round of paperwork is cops and bank.

chadams
24-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Oz, is the TES Transport at Bexley the same company? if so here's there details. With the surname is it Mashall or Marshall, as Mashall ain't too popular.

TES Transport Pty Ltd - Unit 1, No. 4 Oriental Street BEXLEY NSW (02) 9597 2279

Zooks
25-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Good story for Today Tonight, A Current Affair or Four Corners (or all 3).

Dirtbags like this come unstuck eventually mate. Karma will get him.

sen
25-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Chadams, looks like that's the one. Their domain is registered to the same ABN as that bexley address:

Domain info:

Registrant: TES TRANSPORT PTY LTD
Registrant ID: ABN 85 111 260 014
Eligibility Type: Company

ABN info for the above ABN:

TES TRANSPORT PTY LTD
ACN
111 260 014
ABN
85 111 260 014
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 06/10/2004
Next Review Date 06/10/2010
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Bexley NSW 2207

Booster
25-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Google maps street view shows some numberplates , and a for sale on the oriental st property

80s freak
25-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Certainly one for ACA, today tonight etc. Fuckin' arseholes.

RevHead
26-04-2010, 08:10 AM
thats fucked ,email aca and get em

hotmilk
26-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Yep boss got done by the same prick... classified ad for a 10ft container, 800 plus 300 del to melb.
spole to him over the phone when he bought it and he said "yeah we'll fill it up before we send it down, then drop the freight off and drop it off to you"
after the 10days passed, nothing, had rung him before and after 10 days and nothing.
He bought it just before easter too.

he noticed afterwards that the abn on invoice and abn on website or something else didnt match up, and also noticed on invoice it said "TES Trasnport"
check yours and see if its the same thing?

OZ750L
27-04-2010, 11:13 AM
T.E.S TRASNPORT PTY LTD
ABN: 88 111 260 014
Suite 17
65 HUME STREET
CROWS NEST 2065
Phone: 02 9347 2402
Fax: 02 9347 2402
Mobile: 0416 965 145
Email: admin@testransport.com.au
www.testransport.com.au

Off the receipt.

-Dex-
27-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I live near crows nest dude. Pm me if you want me to swing by and have a chat with them.

Loki
27-04-2010, 08:16 PM
A mate of mine got stung with one of these. He's reported it QLD Police. I'll show him this and see if it fills in the gaps!

rwilliams
27-04-2010, 11:41 PM
We also purchased a container from TES Transport Pty Ltd
with delivery to be before Easter and have found its a scam
as well still waiting on bank has anyone any more details
e

OZ750L
29-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Dex,

Much as I'd like someone to have a chat with them and use a 4x2 to get the point across repeatedly, preferrably around their ears, might not be the best way forward from a legal point of view. It would be good though if you could swing by there and suss out if they are still operating out of that address.

Milk, Loki & RMWilliams,

Can you post up in here naming who you dealt with and when?

Loki
29-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I'll check with my mate for the details of the dodgy crate guy.

If anyone has confidence in cops, I could get the details of the oroficer he was dealing with and you can contact them directly.
There's no way I'd be sending a cop here to look for info, though...

-Dex-
29-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll swing by tomorrow dude. Anything in particular you want me to say to or ask them?

OZ750L
30-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Dex,

Just ask them what they can move to where as you are thinking of moving a car to Darwin.
Say that a mate of a mate at work suggested you check with them as Peter gave him a good price on moving a car.
If they ask Peter who, play dumb and say not sure, Martin, Marks... something like that... can't really remember.
Hopefully they will fill in the blanks and might even give over a business card.

All you can do is try and see what happens... worst case, they clam up and just say you must have your wires crossed...

-Dex-
30-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Ok, I stopped by 65 hume st and had a bit of a snoop. I could only find one door and no T.E.S transport. I couldn't see a suite 17 either. The units on the intercom seemed to be numbered like 10x for first floor units, 20x for 2nd floor units, etc. etc.

I asked a woman walking into the building whether she knew either where T.E.S was located or if she knew of a Peter working in the building, she said no to both unfortunately.

I'll try giving them a call on Monday and getting directions as i didn't have a lot of time and may have messed up but I don't think so. Sorry I don't have better news mate.

OZ750L
30-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Dex,

You did well.

First hurdle was to establish what is at that address and you have done that. Main thing is to get the lay of the land and see what you can figure out. maybe Suite 17 is totally bogus and if you find that out now, save a lot of time later.

Thanks heaps for that and I owe you a bottle of something somewhere down the line.

hotmilk
30-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Just going to sus out the boss man now and i'll get back to you on a name etc

hotmilk
30-04-2010, 07:12 PM
This is the details he gave me :

This is the eBay listing number below:

This listing (170461255503) has been removed, or this item is not available.

· Please check that you've entered the correct item number

· Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

Bank Details

BSB: 114879

Account Number: 429898781

Account Name: tes transport pty ltd

Thank you for your business.

Warm Regards

Peter Marshal

T.E.S. TRANSPORT PTY LTD
SUITE 17
65 HUME Street
CROWS NEST NSW 2065
MOB: 0416 965 145
www.testransport.com.au

This is the details on the invoice:

The ABN is not correct to the governments ABN search file it should have started with 85 not 88

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1272627974.jpg

Loki
08-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Just spoke to my mate who reported his scammer to the police. The person he reported to can be contacted on:
Cavanagh.MichelleL@police.qld.gov.au

He gave me the impression that she is part of a dedicated fraud squad on this particular issue, so if you think it might do some good get in contact with her.

Hope this helps

Booster
08-05-2010, 08:19 AM
He maybe QLD based
http://bsbnumbers.com/index.php

BSB Number 114-879
Bank Code: 11 | State code: 4 | Branch code: 879
Institution St. George Bank Limited
Branch Name Brisbane
Street Address 10 Felix Street
Suburb Brisbane
State QLD
Postcode 4000

Shadowzone
08-05-2010, 08:44 AM
The key here is this` - On the tax invoice it states TES traSNport not TES traNSport.

It's decidedly dodgy. No doubt some scammer using an interstate transport co's details and no doubt a prepaid mobile phone registered in a dodgy name.

Good luck finding him.

hotmilk
12-05-2010, 09:51 PM
exactly mate... his invoice even had tes traSNport in large letters on the top of the letterhead... he is good but... his letter head looked ridgy dige and everything for a dodgy one!

strikemaster
13-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear you got ripped of mate. The Fraud Squad will follow up with the bank details. Chances are that it was a NIGERIAN SCAM.
Don't pass over any money to anyone that you can't meet face to face.
Once agin mate, sorry you got ripped off and thanks for the info.

strikemaster
13-05-2010, 07:13 PM
This bastard will fuck up once too often. Get ACA or Today/Tonight on the story. They'll smoke this bastard out and we can get a visual on the mother.

OZ750L
14-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Still plodding along on this. Work has been getting in the way but not giving up on it. ACA or TT might be the way to go.

OZ750L
28-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok, emailed that contact in QLD Police and got the following back.

Thanks very much for your email. Yes, it is correct, I am collating the Qld based victim complaints to forward them to New South Wales Police.

In order to draft your statement, could you please forward me a copy of all of your documentary evidence including but not limited to:

• all emails received
• all emails sent
• proof of payment (print out from internet banking/deposit slip)
• copy of invoice received

You can either fax them to the number below (please put a note on the front to my attention as there are numerous officers using the same fax) or scan and email to me. If you are emailing it, can you please cc the email to our stand alone email (onlineauctionfraud@bigpond.com) as well as sometimes our QPS firewall blocks the email.

Once I have received your documentation and have drafted your statement, I will be in touch to arrange to finalise it and get it signed.

For the purpose of the statement, could you please also email me your date of birth, home address, any other contact numbers that you have (ie. Home or work) and your occupation.

If you have any questions I will be working until about 11.30pm tonight and I’m back at 4pm tomorrow evening.

Regards

Michelle CAVANAGH
Detective Senior Constable 11315
Hi-Tech Crime Investigation Unit
Fraud and Corporate Crime Group
Queensland Police Service

Sounds like they might actually be going to do something about this arsehole.

Hopefully involving pineapples dipped in napalm........

BANDITROD
28-05-2010, 06:47 PM
hey dave have you got those clip ons back yet

OZ750L
30-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Rod, nope, haven't seen them yet.

OZ750L
30-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Had Snr Const Cavanagh call last night and talk to me about this.

They are dead seriuos about nailing this arsehole to the wall.

Anyone who has any info on this, send them to the email address Cavanagh.MichelleL@police.qld.gov.au

The more info they get the better chance they have.

BANDITROD
30-05-2010, 09:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by OZ750L

Rob, nope, haven't seen them yet.
ok mate i will contact randal and stir him up again for ya

OZ750L
11-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Ok.

Have sent in all the info I have on this arsehole to the coppers.

Going down to the local station to check and sign a statement on it all.

Hopefully they can do something about wrapping a 4x2 around this arsehole's ears.

Anyone else that has been bitten by this arsehole, I recommend getting in touch with the contact given as she is easy to work with and does genuinely want to help you. Her aim in all this is to nail this prick's balls to the wall.

Loki
15-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey guys, just heard from my mate that the shipping crate scam might be kicking off again. He reckons he's seen classifieds claiming to be from Royal Wolf (who actually make shipping containers), selling off big crates for waaay too cheap. Woulda thought Royal Wolf was too big of a company to impersonate, but you never know..... beware!

Loki
21-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Apparently Snr Consatable Cavanaugh said that they've picked up the scammer on other charges. They're confident it's them, and just have to gather up the remaining evidence and build a case. Fingers crossed!

Snaffler
22-07-2010, 12:03 AM
royal wolf? like this sorta thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Royal-Wolf-Shipping-Containers-Easy-Delivery-Options-/260635132513?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_All_Services&hash=item3caf108261

different numbers and address/location to this web site?

http://www.royalwolf.com.au/contactus.aspx <-- royalwolfs main website

this aint on there main web site either which confirms the first link and ebay auction being different to the main site..why does it have a 1300 number when on the main royalwolf website it has phone numbers and not 1300 numbers?

Royal Wolf Container Sales & Hire

Phone: 1300 651 700

Address:

Cnr Crockford St & Bellare Ave Northgate QLD 4013

is it just me or does anyone else not see a container yard on the
street mentioned above? click on satellite and zoom in

http://au.vicdir.com/sn242529-0-royal-wolf-container-sales-hire.htm

Shadowzone
22-07-2010, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Snaffler

royal wolf? like this sorta thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Royal-Wolf-Shipping-Containers-Easy-Delivery-Options-/260635132513?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_All_Services&hash=item3caf108261

different numbers and address/location to this web site?

http://www.royalwolf.com.au/contactus.aspx <-- royalwolfs main website

this aint on there main web site either which confirms the first link and ebay auction being different to the main site..why does it have a 1300 number when on the main royalwolf website it has phone numbers and not 1300 numbers?

Royal Wolf Container Sales & Hire

Phone: 1300 651 700

Address:

Cnr Crockford St & Bellare Ave Northgate QLD 4013

is it just me or does anyone else not see a container yard on the
street mentioned above? click on satellite and zoom in

http://au.vicdir.com/sn242529-0-royal-wolf-container-sales-hire.htm

I drove down Crockford St the other day on route to loading at Golden Circle.

The cnr of Bellare Ave is a round about with residential houses there. Definitely no container park. There is one back up off Nudgee Road on the gateway side but it isn't Royal Wolf from memory, and I haven't been there in years so it could have moved.

Still no container park = something to be worried about. especially when the address is so generic. There are four corners on each sideof that roundabout. Which one is the right one?

Snaffler
22-07-2010, 12:13 PM
heres the intersection you mentioned.. hit satellite and zoom in..

only thing is the google map is not showing royal wolf container service

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=royal%20wolf%20containers%20Cnr%20Crockford %20St%20%26%20Bellare%20Ave%20Northgate%20QLD%2040 13&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

but heres the google map of the head office of royal wolf container service and google map shows you royal wolfs building..

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Suite%20202%2C%20Level%202%2022-28%20Edgeworth%20David%20Ave%20Hornsby%20NSW%20207 7&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

has anyone spoken to royal wolf about there name being used for scams?
because as i understand it the website shows they have 4 locations in QLD and according to ebay auction theres 5 locations now which there 5th location dont show up on google map..
and the other thing ive noticed is, the ebay auction is using pictures from royal wolfs web site, but why not use pictures from there own location? is it because its just a empty block of land?

OZ750L
17-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Just had a bit of a look at containers on eBay and sent on about 3 ads to the police.

ABN didn't make sense in one and the others fell into the "too good to be true" catagory.

Loki
20-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Let us know how you go...

VFighteR
21-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Just read your post - I got jibbed $1800 for a Mac COMPUTER from a dirty lowdown scumbag (and thats being polite) from eghey. Lookout for the name BELINDA OR PETER NORMAN!! fvkn karns!!!!

Destijl
09-09-2010, 11:56 PM
This kind of thing makes you realise how careful you have to be when buying online!

Bubble Boy
10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by OZ750L

............The company he "works" for is

T.E.S. TRANSPORT PTY LTD
SUITE 17
65 HUME Street
CROWS NEST NSW 2065
MOB: 0416 965 145............

Matey,

A couple of points for you.
His office phone isn't disconnected - it's on auto cancel.
Rings once and then the handset hangs up.

Secondly, I will be going to see one of our clients, a dive shop on willoughby road, next week. This is literally just around the corner from Hume Street in Crows Nest.

If you would like I could have myself and a couple of Dive Buddies "drop by" and check the place out for you?
let me know before Monday so I can give my Buds a heads up to be available.

Mineboy
03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah i have also been scamed buy this same person / persons got done for $1650 buy TES Transport same person Peter Masshall / also got another name at the time of the scam Ben Tracy ,,,,,,Same phone numbers same story got done on EBAY classified add ect ect ,,,, same dodgy story as the rest and got done just before easter aswell ,,,,, any more news would be great ,,,,,P.S went to the cops and they did Sweet F A ,,,, as usual ,,,,, chrisvandy@gmail.com