PDA

View Full Version : 11 New Norton's 850 commandos found

MONO
23-04-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/black-side-down-new-nortons-found-in-belgium.aspx?utm_content=MCC+Shop+Talk+4.15.10&utm_campaign=E-+Newsletters&utm_source=iPost&utm_medium=email

Weaselman
23-04-2010, 11:14 PM
*drool*

kevkatana
24-04-2010, 12:50 AM
[:p][:p][:p]

rock hard
24-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Its Amazing what they keep in the cellar in belgum

Fight_fan
24-04-2010, 09:44 AM
WOWZERS! Thats awesome!

Hagarr
24-04-2010, 12:25 PM
quote:While I find this "find" to be mouth watering, to be fair, the prices currently being paid for "vintage" cars and motorcycles is being driven by aging boomers who've over-romanticized the vehicles of their youth, and by the plethora of events that have sprung up to give owners something interesting to do with them such as vintage racing, rallies, and shows. Truth is, there are many stories about unsold inventory such as AC Cobras and other iconic vehicles that languished at dealerships for years. That seems unfathomable now given their current value but the cold hard reality is there was a time they were simply unloved dinosaurs rendered extinct by superior products, and yes, a goodly portion of those products were from the land of the rising sun. It wasn't until enough time passed for them to be rediscovered as unique touchstones to the past that their foibles were forgiven and they achieved high-end status. I know, because I'm 53 years old and remember the "glory days" quite well, but I am also a realist and the muscle cars my brothers and I owned back in the day (as the kids like to say) were really crappy and relatively slow compared to what's being produced today. Their only saving grace is their uniqueness, character, the memories they evoke, and the events they are eligible for.

Touche!

I have one of these in my shed, EEERRR nowhere near the quality of these but i'd have to agree they were not a very well built machine.