PDA

View Full Version : 900RR Adjustable Rearsets. Gauging interest.

Scrapyard
28-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Ran into a guy on another board that is making adjustable rearsets. The owner is an American that is currently living in China and running a company that makes a lot of parts geared towards racing. I've seen a few of the parts and they look to be pretty good quality.

Considering many aftermarket companies have stoped making parts like this for the 900RR, it's getting harder to get some cool go fast gear for these bikes.

I asked him the other day if he had any interest in producing such parts. He said if there was enough interest he would. My question to ya'll is...

If they were available, would you purchase Adj. Rearsets for your 900RR?

Price is going to be in the $300usd ballpark.

Here's a link to the specs on the sets he's currently making.
http://www.granddragongear.com/eng/En_ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=186

I have no involvment with this company. Just trying to help a guy out that looks to be on the up and up and get some more cool stuff for these bikes again.

Please post with your opinion, thanks.

Kamakazebusa
28-01-2007, 02:35 PM
looks alright.......price isn't bad either. adjustable are good if ur racing or doing alot of track days, but once ur've got ur setting u never need to change them.

Scrapyard
02-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Alright, I spoke further with the owner. Also got some more background on the company and his products.

This is a sole proprietorship. He is the sole designer, R & D, operator and quality control. His name is Steve LaPlume. Former Pro Camel racer around the late 80's early 90's. All products a race bread and race tested by him at his local track. If he doesn't feel they are up to par, they get bined and go back to the drawing board. So that's inspiring.

As for the design and construction regaurding the rearsets. All parts are made from LY-12 Aluminum which is 40% stronger then 6061-T6. Also, all sets come with a spare foot peg and a spare lever peg, for quick track side replacmentas, well as 2 length of rods for adjustability. Shift patterns can be set as standard shift or GP shift. Lastly levers are micro adjustable for numerous rider fit positions.

Regaurding some components that are posted in the pics. The all thread shift rod is an application specific part for a tz250. This was used due to space constrants. CNC rods are planned for other models.

Feedback is welcome and incouraged. Ultimatly, the owner is a rider just like us and is looking to offer a quality product that will not only reflect quality, but also reflect the interests and concernes of his customers.