PDA

View Full Version : excessive force much?

bluemk1
20-04-2010, 04:16 AM
http://www.abc2news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=22384

the cop should consider himself lucky he didnt get run over [}:)]

Gix11
20-04-2010, 02:21 PM
That's bullshit man!

StuNVA
20-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Fuck me, if some dude jumped out of a car with a gun, your'd be on the throttle and out of there, through him or past him..

What was he supposed to do say "geez you must be a cop, and by the way I'm taping this" while some arsehole waves a pistol around, get a fucking reality check pig.

Jup
20-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Can't blame the cop for being afraid... You gotta watch out for those reversing motorcycles you know, they're dangerous!

fimpBIKES
20-04-2010, 10:11 PM
why is it illegal to record cops?
they record us from their cars and dont disclose it

and in this case i think that cop was WAAAAY out of line, i've had someone come at me and try to tear me off my bike in traffic
its not a good feeling, i'd even go so far as to say traumatic (and they sure as fuck didnt have a gun!)

i'd love to say "only in america" but i think cops here can be overly heavy handed for something as small as a traffic offense just because your on a bike
(it doesnt help that my old work was a couple of hundred metres from an outlaw gangs clubhouse...)

Mishdog20
20-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, what a tard of a cop. No badge presented or nothing.

336LJ
21-04-2010, 12:23 AM
theres 2 ways this cunt has fucked up.

1. As a "cop" he is a public figure, there is NO law against filming a PUBLIC FIGURE, in a PUBLIC PLACE period. (and you do NOT need their permission) I record EVERY conversation that I'm contracted into with any police officer, including the last one where they came at me like spider monkeys cause I asked too many questions, and caught them out and made them play by the book)
This case should be thrown out of court. but the biker looks like a half wit and probably doesn't know this

2. If he denies he was acting as a public figure(peace officer/enforcement officer) and since he did not have a badge, uniform or possibly not even any credentials then he clearly should be hit with weapons charges relating to the use of a firearm to intimidate/harrass or otherwise interfere with an individual "TRAVELLING" <-- not DRIVING (driving being defined as moving about the localites whilst conducting yourself under commerce)

That cop - has breached common law, and inalienable rights that people should be made more aware of, and should have no leg to stand on in court - considering for him to become a police officer - he has sworn an oath of office to uphold common law.

then again you got an entire team of crooked magistrates and lawyers to make an example of this guy - so if he's too fuckin stupid to wake up to it and fight it properly its his own fault.

He can also take THEM to court for commiting common law tresspass - assault - theft. etc.

Bet if he legged it he'd have been shot in the back. the second that fucker got out of the car I'd have pinned it at him and tried to kill him. who knows WHO the fuck he is or what he's trying to do.

I know someone who was shot by a cop - who claimed he was in "danger" and fired into the front of the car because he was going to get run over.. - yet the car had bullet holes in the side of it (shot at the door as it went past)they tried to get away from the cop - not run him over they were just in a dead end street!).

I also have another mate who was just zipping in and out of traffic in his car, and a marked police car did a huge skid around him and blocked him off from the front, and pulled a gun out screaming at him!
These pricks are out of control and shouldn't even be allowed near a spud gun.

DiscoDan
21-04-2010, 07:15 AM
" there is NO law against filming a PUBLIC FIGURE, in a PUBLIC PLACE period. (and you do NOT need their permission) "

Isn't whole point though that in Maryland there is exactly that law. If he hadn't posted it on youtube it wouldn't have been an issue but he raised the stakes and they're trying to strike back with whatever is at hand (in this case another slightly wierd US state law)

Jup
21-04-2010, 07:53 AM
According to the story, it is not illegal to record their image, but it is illegal to record their voice without consent.

If the rider had simply overdubbed the video he'd still have shown the cop being heavyhanded and not breached the state law.

336LJ
21-04-2010, 01:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

" there is NO law against filming a PUBLIC FIGURE, in a PUBLIC PLACE period. (and you do NOT need their permission) "

Isn't whole point though that in Maryland there is exactly that law. If he hadn't posted it on youtube it wouldn't have been an issue but he raised the stakes and they're trying to strike back with whatever is at hand (in this case another slightly wierd US state law)

yeah I was aware of that, however. if he took the route and challenged that the law was bullshit (i.e never legally enacted) I think he'd find its just a law made up to stop people being able to use audio evidence on cops to have them busted for being crooked!

stu
21-04-2010, 11:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

Fuck me, if some dude jumped out of a car with a gun, your'd be on the throttle and out of there, through him or past him..

X2. Probably straight at him and take him out, what does he expect? plain clothes, holding a gun and a belated effort to ID himself.
I wouldn't wait to see if the guy with the gun was friendly or not.
Just another example of the world and it's laws gone fuckin mad!

336LJ
22-04-2010, 12:40 AM
.. hmmm anyone else stopped to think maybe the guy was just lonely and wanted a hug! - we shouldn't just all jump to conclusions like that. it scares off the newbies [:p]

bluemk1
22-04-2010, 01:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ
it scares off the newbies [:p]

fuck em [:p]